F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
ARMA SPEED

09-23-2018, 10:25 AM   #1299
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindstroem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova66 View Post
If I remember correctly you need to tap the selection twice. A confirmation box will then pop up.
Thanks that solved it! Now I only need to code the BMW

Regarding sound which has been a frequent issue on the forum. I've read that people suggest reducing the AUX-sound to 10 (from Druw in the latest post i think) in OEM-settings and then increasing the sound in Android (I've tried to increase it to max in Android).

However when i then try to increase the volume to a fairly high level there is still high amounts of static/hissing coming from the speakers. Can I only play music on lower levels for the Ugode unit to be able to produce reasonable sound? Or are you able to play on high volume without static/hissing?

I did not have to reroute the AUX to the armrest but only use the already present connectors.

If thats the case I believe I will stick with the OEM-bluetooth sound and then only use the android-side for the navgiation

Thanks!
Try going into the settings on the android side and adjust your volume down there.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 11:16 AM   #1300
lindstroem
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d xdrive 190hk 2017

Quote:
Try going into the settings on the android side and adjust your volume down there.

Thanks for the input, I’ve reduced so that OEM is 10 and Android is at ~45% but feels like a zero sum game and I still end up with the entertainment Audio to max out at like 40-45% before the static comes through when no audio active. how much can you raise the volume to before you hear distortion when silent in the the cabin?

There isn’t a android program that can help clean the output?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 01:43 AM   #1301
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116d 2.0

Hello, I've accidentally uninstalled CarPlay apk and I can't find it anymore in this thread.
Could someone share the latest version?

It would be nice if we can include it in the google drive sharedfolder, so it's always available and easy to find
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 02:53 AM   #1302
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d M-Sport (2013)

You can download it from here: http://www.filedropper.com/autoplaybox201807131014

I just uploaded the version AutoPlayBox_2018.07.13.1014 and then use update online button from within the autoplay app settings to update to the latest version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosley View Post
Hello, I've accidentally uninstalled CarPlay apk and I can't find it anymore in this thread.
Could someone share the latest version?

It would be nice if we can include it in the google drive sharedfolder, so it's always available and easy to find
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 03:07 AM   #1303
irose50
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by irose50 View Post
Looking at getting one of these Android HUs but been waiting few days for a response from Ugode with a price

Can someone just explain the AUX In setup for me. I assume the connection is made under the dash rather than a cable trailing to the armrest?

Do you have to select AUX each time you switch between OEM and Android unit?

If AUX is selected, does that then mean the OEM radio can't be played whilst using say Waze on the Android side?

Thanks in advance

Anyone able to explain this please
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 03:20 AM   #1304
lindstroem
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by irose50 View Post
Anyone able to explain this please
I'm still learning the setup but I have been able to listen to BT-music via OEM BMW and still get GPS-directions using waze on the android side.

I am however struggling a bit to learn how to best get the AUX/BT-settings to work smoothly, would appriciate how other does it here (if you use BT OEM audio or if you use android/AUX solely)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 04:47 AM   #1305
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike78 View Post
Also, today autoplay has a new version. I have not tested it yet. You will see it by clicking autoplay settings, and check for updates.
Hi, did you test the new autoplay version?
Is there any difference?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 04:56 AM   #1306
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d M-Sport (2013)

I am running the latest for 3 days now in conjunction with the usb splitter and the extra power and I had no disconnects at all, but you have to follow the crazy rules I wrote in my previous post....

Quote:
Hi, did you test the new autoplay version?
Is there any difference?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 05:50 AM   #1307
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
I am running the latest for 3 days now in conjunction with the usb splitter and the extra power and I had no disconnects at all, but you have to follow the crazy rules I wrote in my previous post....
Yes I saw them..
But from the apk side there is no improvement? Any change from the previous version?
I wanted to install Autokit apk because of the BMW logo instead of "Auto", but it says that the box version is not compatible.
It's still not possible to change it with the AutoPlay, right?
It is still not possible to select extra idrive buttons to navigate CarPlay?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 06:35 AM   #1308
Ravijordan
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Quote:
Yes I saw them..
But from the apk side there is no improvement? Any change from the previous version?
I wanted to install Autokit apk because of the BMW logo instead of "Auto", but it says that the box version is not compatible.
It's still not possible to change it with the AutoPlay, right?
It is still not possible to select extra idrive buttons to navigate CarPlay?
Not possible with Autoplay to change to bmw logo
Still not possible to select extra Idrive buttons for CarPlay
I can’t find any changes from last version.

Also if you plug in your phone to someone else’s car with Autokit apk on their car and change to bmw logo then it stays on your Autoplay apk as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 06:55 AM   #1309
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravijordan View Post
Also if you plug in your phone to someone else’s car with Autokit apk on their car and change to bmw logo then it stays on your Autoplay apk as well.
Sorry what do you mean?
If I find someone with AutoKit with BMW logo and then I move to Autplay it keeps the logo? Even if AutoKit is not installed on my head unit?
That's cool, but I don't think I'll ever be able to find another person in my town with this screen!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 12:13 PM   #1310
Ravijordan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Sorry what do you mean?
If I find someone with AutoKit with BMW logo and then I move to Autplay it keeps the logo? Even if AutoKit is not installed on my head unit?
That's cool, but I don't think I'll ever be able to find another person in my town with this screen!
That’s the only way I know to get bmw logo
Because I have 2 cars one with Autokit apk and the other one with Autoplay apk
If I set my iPhone with the Autokit apk the bmw logo stays when I plug back into Autoplay 😊
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 01:15 PM   #1311
lindstroem
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Mike does your audio through carplay work fine? I.e. can you increase the volume to like 70-80% of max without static/interference? Do you have audio through the AUX in the armrest didnt you need that? (I didn't).

I have the same issue through carplay as with the other android apps (Tried setting AUX to 10 and tried playing with android audio from 10%-50% but every time I try to crank up the audio to a somewhat high volume (perfectly normal listening volume) the static is really disturbing once the music silences.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 02:46 PM   #1312
Adencool
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
You may not have to deal with the aux input depending on your existing setup. What year is your car?
I have a 2014 / 04 car with the champ2 headset

Sound quality thou the aux isn’t great, but is there some way to get the headset to play directly (am I missing some config)

The reason i say this is when using sat nav, Sygic, this gives me turn by turn instructions (thou thou the left speaker only) which mutes the original headset radio
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 03:14 PM   #1313
Bobbyjee
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Same.
My audio is channeled through the Aux in the armrest.
When listening to DAB on oem system and using Waze on android system, the Waze directions are heard through through the front left speaker whilst playing oem DAB
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 01:48 AM   #1314
Ravijordan
Private
Rep

Guys finally Waze is on CarPlay as well !!😄
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 09:44 AM   #1315
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyjee View Post
Same.
My audio is channeled through the Aux in the armrest.
When listening to DAB on oem system and using Waze on android system, the Waze directions are heard through through the front left speaker whilst playing oem DAB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adencool View Post
Quote:
You may not have to deal with the aux input depending on your existing setup. What year is your car?
I have a 2014 / 04 car with the champ2 headset

Sound quality thou the aux isn’t great, but is there some way to get the headset to play directly (am I missing some config)

The reason i say this is when using sat nav, Sygic, this gives me turn by turn instructions (thou thou the left speaker only) which mutes the original headset radio
Did either of you have the green/black cable in the harness bundle going into the OEM headset? That cable must be removed from that harness and reinstalled in the harness provided with your android unit.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 10:03 AM   #1316
Taechit
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320D MY2016

Quote:
Hi all,
Another thing I would like to enhance on CarPlay, let's see if anyone is able to help me:
When I start using it, Siri does not hear me.. The only way to make it work is to receive/make a call, and in the iPhone screen select the "BMW original microphone" for that call.. Then, also after the call, the default audio input is the bmw microphone and Siri works really good..

Is there any way to make it as a default input for audio? Otherwise we have to receive/make a call in order to fix it each time we open CarPlay app..
I have the same issue

The Microphone for voice command is not working. This is the problem in MCU, because the microphone is connected direct with MCU, not the Android SOM.

I've proved this by using BT call that come with the unit. BT module is also on the MCU, not the Android SOM (this is the reason why you can't use BT OBD2 with any Android apps). It's working flawlessly. But when I tried to use Siri voice command or phone call via Carplay adapter, also Google voice search and Google voice assistant, it's not working at all.

I think this can be solved by MCU upgrade, to redirect the mic input signal direct to Android SOM. We need help again from Ugode.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #1317
jkcom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taechit View Post
I have the same issue

The Microphone for voice command is not working. This is the problem in MCU, because the microphone is connected direct with MCU, not the Android SOM.

I've proved this by using BT call that come with the unit. BT module is also on the MCU, not the Android SOM (this is the reason why you can't use BT OBD2 with any Android apps). It's working flawlessly. But when I tried to use Siri voice command or phone call via Carplay adapter, also Google voice search and Google voice assistant, it's not working at all.

I think this can be solved by MCU upgrade, to redirect the mic input signal direct to Android SOM. We need help again from Ugode.
I installed 10.25 android 7.1.1 NBT version(8/28 firmware) on my F10 5 series.
After starting the car, android headunit's internal mic(for voice recognition or voice recording, etc.) is not working at all.
Then I reboot the android system only(pinhole reset or reboot command), mic function is working again.
I always do it (reboot android HU) when I need voice recognition. Do you have same issue?
(I'm not using android HU side BT - because the sound(music streaming or android BT call) is interrupted 1~2 sec. occasionally when I hold the phone or move it. maybe signal interference?)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 09:37 PM   #1318
Taechit
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320D MY2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcom View Post
I installed 10.25 android 7.1.1 NBT version(8/28 firmware) on my F10 5 series.
After starting the car, android headunit's internal mic(for voice recognition or voice recording, etc.) is not working at all.
Then I reboot the android system only(pinhole reset or reboot command), mic function is working again.
I always do it (reboot android HU) when I need voice recognition. Do you have same issue?
(I'm not using android HU side BT - because the sound(music streaming or android BT call) is interrupted 1~2 sec. occasionally when I hold the phone or move it. maybe signal interference?)
I remember something. Sometimes the voice recognition work, but most of the time it doesn't.

I don't use Android BT at all because of the lagging and sound quality. I will try your method first and then report to Ugode.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 02:59 AM   #1319
lindstroem
Enlisted Member
Rep

Yeah the Ugode audio is still way to poor quality to use (atleast for me still after have tried all the recommendations i've found in this forum) given the static and interference so I will not use carplay at all but rather just stick to using Sygic for offline navigation and waze for longer trips (connected), and then stream BT from the BMW-side.

Still happy for the purchase with the navigation and nice screen, but hope that ugode responds with how to solve the static issue so that I atleast can play like 60-70% of max volume, otherwise the carplay dongle was unnecessary for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 08:31 AM   #1320
Adencool
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
Did either of you have the green/black cable in the harness bundle going into the OEM headset? That cable must be removed from that harness and reinstalled in the harness provided with your android unit.
Yes, from the video I followed they were referenced as optical cables. And I removed from one harness and inserted into the new block
Appreciate 0