F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BMW Connected iOS App & Apple Watch
GetBMWParts

09-06-2018, 03:56 PM   #1
sdevine89
Rep
Drives: F30 318i Sport

BMW Connected iOS App & Apple Watch

Anyone had problems getting the Apple Watch app working. It tells me to log in using the app on my phone but when i open the phone app there doesn't seem to be anywhere to log in?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #2
sdevine89
Rep
Drives: F30 318i Sport

Bump. Anyone any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 09:02 PM   #3
LongRuf
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 328d

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 11:28 AM   #4
gpjustinn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30

Garage List
2015 BMW 320i  [0.00]
OP, I had that issue yesterday after setting up my new Apple Watch Series 4. I force closed the app on my phone and watch and I think that did the trick.

Now I'm concerned about the functionality. As far as the remote controls on the watch, I'm only able to see:

Climate Control
-Activate

Doors
-Lock

On the Watch App Store, in the screenshots it shows where users can lock/unlock, flash lights, horn, etc. Basically all of the same remote controls that are in the iOS app.

Has anyone been able to do more than just lock or activate the ventilation on Apple Watch?
      01-29-2019, 01:17 PM   #5
vp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY18 430GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpjustinn View Post
OP, I had that issue yesterday after setting up my new Apple Watch Series 4. I force closed the app on my phone and watch and I think that did the trick.

Now I'm concerned about the functionality. As far as the remote controls on the watch, I'm only able to see:

Climate Control
-Activate

Doors
-Lock

On the Watch App Store, in the screenshots it shows where users can lock/unlock, flash lights, horn, etc. Basically all of the same remote controls that are in the iOS app.

Has anyone been able to do more than just lock or activate the ventilation on Apple Watch?
Force press on your watch on each tile to reveal more remote options.
Appreciate 2
jmg5530.50
gpjustinn106.00

01-29-2019, 01:26 PM   #6
gpjustinn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30

Garage List
2015 BMW 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpjustinn View Post

Climate Control
-Activate

Doors
-Lock

Force press on your watch on each tile to reveal more remote options.
Well that helped a little! On the second tile, force pressing reveals Horn and Lights. On the fourth tile, force pressing reveals Horn, Lights, and Lock (pictured below).
Attached Images

01-29-2019, 02:02 PM   #7
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdevine89 View Post
Anyone had problems getting the Apple Watch app working. It tells me to log in using the app on my phone but when i open the phone app there doesn't seem to be anywhere to log in?
I had this problem today. It probably has to reset due to the recent apple watch os update. I just opened the app on my iphone and even though I was already logged in it took maybe 30 seconds for my watch to sync up. Not sure why it took so long. Just let it sit. I did hard press the face to see if there was any options, but there were none. But maybe it helped?

Anyone know how to switch between cars in the watch? I constantly have to go to the iphone app to switch cars!

Wish list: add the Connected app as a complication!
Previous: F80 M3 I01 i3 REx F30 340i M Sport ZTR F30 328i Sport Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #8
Randall
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix msport

Currently app on watch is not working at all
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 11:09 AM   #9
CajunBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i, Chrysler Van

I like the watch app, but as stated above it takes a bit to sync up. It doesn't seem to sync automatically. So sometimes when you want to use it, it only opens to the last time synced. I just checked. I had not used the watch app in a while and it had the last date opened which was two weeks ago. Took about a minute to sync and now we are current. I have used the lock feature and where is my car feature on the watch. I have the newest watch OS and the 3rd version of the watch.
Appreciate 0