F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > I hate my car.
proTUNING Freaks

09-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #23
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Interestingly my Audi hasn't had any real faults in 12 months and 13.5k miles. Occasionally it tells me there is a fault with the electronic parking brake - which might be because I never use it...

8 speed ZF does its stuff, perhaps not as quick as in BMW programme but good enough. DSG never really lived up to its initial hype I am afraid.
Interestingly for who? :
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 11:51 AM   #24
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Had an Audi back in 2007 - never again. Whilst the interior was 'pretty', the dealers were just shocking and the DSG box tried to kill me. Problem is, her indoors loves them - she's on her third

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 12:17 PM   #25
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
Audi piece of wank.

What a fetid stinking heap of horse dung this piece of shit really is.

First of all the gearbox is cack, it is the slowest responding pile of excretion I have ever driven, pull up to a busy roundabout, see a gap put your foot down and nothing so abandon the manoeuvre. It feels like the throttle and engine are connected by a rubber band.

Stuff works sometimes, the button on the steering wheel works say 7 times out of 10, I have it configured to drive select so I don't have to reach to the passenger side to change drive modes mainly because it's in a fucking stupid place anyway, I mean why would it work properly when fuck all else does?

Plug my phone in and depending on the mood of the heap of shat sometimes Apple car play will work and sometimes it won't, when it works sometimes it just decides it will switch itself off, just depends how it feels.

Sat nav, google earth, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, just fucking makes its own mind up. The voice in the car was set to some sexy woman, this week it's decided it's going to speak to me in a male voice not unlike Julian Clary.

Put the car in dynamic and the gearbox goes to its default setting of sport, as it should, however leave it in dynamic turn the shit heap off and on and it stays in dynamic but the gearbox reverts to drive, just why?

Piano black trim, it 8 months old and looks a squirrel had sharpened its teeth on it.

Many other gripes but I'd be here all day.

Plus points it's a bit quicker than I was expecting, it's economical, it looks ok and the interior is nice but overall it's dog poo.

I'm going to buy something else and give this to the Mrs as she couldn't care less.

Never again.
There is a God

He's being eaten by spiders and his Aldi is shite
I've found myself finding posts by both LobB and Broncho interesting and agreeable in recent days.

JustChris may be right and I've had a bang on the head

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 2
JustChris17487.50
LobB5109.00
      09-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #26
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
Audi piece of wank.

First of all the gearbox is cack, it is the slowest responding pile of excretion I have ever driven, pull up to a busy roundabout, see a gap put your foot down and nothing so abandon the manoeuvre. It feels like the throttle and engine are connected by a rubber band.

Stuff works sometimes, the button on the steering wheel works say 7 times out of 10, I have it configured to drive select so I don't have to reach to the passenger side to change drive modes mainly because it's in a fucking stupid place anyway, I mean why would it work properly when fuck all else does?

Plug my phone in and depending on the mood of the heap of shat sometimes Apple car play will work and sometimes it won't, when it works sometimes it just decides it will switch itself off, just depends how it feels.

Sat nav, google earth, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, just fucking makes its own mind up. The voice in the car was set to some sexy woman, this week it's decided it's going to speak to me in a male voice not unlike Julian Clary.

Put the car in dynamic and the gearbox goes to its default setting of sport, as it should, however leave it in dynamic turn the shit heap off and on and it stays in dynamic but the gearbox reverts to drive, just why?

Piano black trim, it 8 months old and looks a squirrel had sharpened its teeth on it.

Plus points it's a bit quicker than I was expecting, it's economical, it looks ok and the interior is nice but overall it's dog poo.

I'm going to buy something else and give this to the Mrs as she couldn't care less.

Never again.
Did you try an S4 before buying this POS?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 01:51 PM   #27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

If you want a dim witted gear box try the Volvo 8 speed in current crop. Makes comfort mode lag in the 3er seem instant!
Wife's Ateca has the 7 speed dsg box and that seems ok
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 01:58 PM   #28
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
Quote:
Audi piece of wank.

Never again.
Did you try an S4 before buying this POS?
A friend has an S5, it's just as shat, I didn't try one before mine but I have since, so it'd just have been a more expensive pile of dung.
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #29
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
If you want a dim witted gear box try the Volvo 8 speed in current crop. Makes comfort mode lag in the 3er seem instant!
Wife's Ateca has the 7 speed dsg box and that seems ok
My mate has a Golf GTI DSG and his is fine, Audi for some reason couldn't fine tune a tambourine.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #30
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Interestingly for who? :
People who aren't just a fanboy of one brand? Broncho? Me?

Who cares, if it doesn't interest you move on. I do...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #31
Edinburra
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A5

As you can see I’ve got a TT, 20 months in and no problems with the DGS or electronics. (My only grip is tyre noise and that’s down to make.) The fit and finish is excellent as is the performance.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 06:05 PM   #32
RichardJ
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 30d M Sport

Quote:
Audi piece of wank.

Never again.
I feel your pain. I have a 2016 A4 Avant. Auto Gearbox is indeed awful with unacceptable lag. Ive nearly crashed so many times due to the delay in the power arriving from the Auto gearbox.

The A4 isn’t any fun. What it is good at is cruising as the suspension on
mine (adaptive comfort) is really good, smoother than the f30 m sport with adaptive I used to own. My virtual cockpit packs up once a month then corrects itself. Audi have no idea why. It’s been back 3 times for warranty work though, not good.

Interior is nice though. I’ll be back to bmw soon enough!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #33
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
A friend has an S5, it's just as shat, I didn't try one before mine but I have since, so it'd just have been a more expensive pile of dung.
lol
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 01:42 AM   #34
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

My wife saw a C-Class on TV the other night and said 'why can't you have a classy car like that?'.

I asked 'so what is mine if not classy?'.

'Its an aggressive and obnoxious boy's car'

That's job done for me
JustChris17487.50
      09-10-2018, 04:09 AM   #35
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG_M3CP View Post
My wife saw a C-Class on TV the other night and said 'why can't you have a classy car like that?'.

That's job done for me
That's one of the nicest things she could have said.

I had my mate and his wife in the M5 on Saturday.

After a few mins of getting in the car she asks me
"What car is this?"

I reply to her "A 5 series."

She asks "How come it's so powerful?"

I nearly shed a tear and my dick almost stood up.

It's like the nicest compliment a non petrol head could have given me.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 04:12 AM   #36
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Andy View Post
Quote:

That's job done for me
That's one of the nicest things she could have said.

I had my mate and his wife in the M5 on Saturday.

After a few mins of getting in the car she asks me
"What car is this?"

I reply to her "A 5 series."

She asks "How come it's so powerful?"

I nearly shed a tear and my dick almost stood up.

It's like the nicest compliment a non petrol head could have given me.
      09-10-2018, 04:17 AM   #37
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:

That's job done for me
Your wife may need vision correction - she obviously can't see expensive chav bling when she sees it.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2018, 05:57 AM   #38
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i RWD

Can you get a pedal box style thing for the audi to take away some of the throttle lag you're seeing or is it more the gearbox is just laggy so whatever you do you're screwed?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 06:08 AM   #39
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Frustrating. Feel for you. I have had two FWD A6s. Both nice to look at, but between poor and indifferent to drive.
Best brands I've owned to drive have been BMW and Ford.
Not sure I'll stick with BMW next time though as my needs have changed in favour of comfort and practicality rather than driving and performance
      09-10-2018, 06:31 AM   #40
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-c View Post
Can you get a pedal box style thing for the audi to take away some of the throttle lag you're seeing or is it more the gearbox is just laggy so whatever you do you're screwed?
It sounds Like his gearbox is similar to what's discussed in this thread

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1525155
Appreciate 1
chris-c900.50
      09-10-2018, 07:45 AM   #41
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:

That's job done for me
All the approval needed right there.
      09-10-2018, 08:33 AM   #42
Sullym6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not got it yet

I have read a few posts on the Audi forums about the delay when moving from a standstill, I have not had it myself. I think Audi wins on comfort and handling but BMW has better and overall integration and everything works. I went from a 335d to A4 3.0 tdi Quattro.
Take it in to get the MMI updated as it helps resolve few issues with car play (get some videos of it playing up otherwise Audi won't update). It's still not great so it doesn't do album art well and you have to select option to show radio text every restart.
The google earth maps only works when there is good mobile signal and if you have virtual cockpit then switch that along with the Center screen to maps before you switch.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 11:50 PM   #43
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
VAG DSG gearboxes are bloody terrible! Had one in my last work car! The thing would jump out of gear all the time.

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 05:39 AM   #44
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

That car is a rolling example of a full house card in the northern mill town/inner city chav bingo game.

1. Audi diesel - check
2. Resale flat white paint - check
3. Window tints all round - check
4. Tinted rear lights - check
5. Little black plastic spoiler - check
6. Really crap attempt at a private number plate. - check
7. de-badged for the smooth look - check.
G50954.50
Oceanic165.50