F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > B48/B46 F & G series are now supported by MG Flasher
Extreme Powerhouse

11-25-2020, 01:23 PM   #45
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

MG Flasher’s latest App, version 266, contains an important Custom Code patch (v5.4), for F-Series B46, B48 and B58 vehicles. This update will correct low torque and significantly improve performance for vehicles with Custom Code v5.x software. Please update the app from your respective app distributor, Play Store or App Store. Once you have app v266 installed, reflash your current map (OTS stage 1, 2 or Custom Map). You will be asked to confirm flashing to Custom Code version 5.4. Once complete, you should immediately see significant improvement in performance, most noticeably on the B48 platform.

The MG Flasher Team
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 01:33 PM   #46
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

I reflashed the car today with the latest app update. But I wasn't asked to confirm about flashing to custom code 5.4?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 02:41 PM   #47
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdub View Post
I reflashed the car today with the latest app update. But I wasn't asked to confirm about flashing to custom code 5.4?
330e don't have custom code yet, so there will not be a prompt on your car. Cars with v5.x custom code already installed (or older) will see this prompt.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #48
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post
330e don't have custom code yet, so there will not be a prompt on your car. Cars with v5.x custom code already installed (or older) will see this prompt.
Thanks for the update Jarek
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2020, 04:26 PM   #49
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher Cloud Log Viewer

Many MG Flasher users and 3rd party tuners have requested more logging parameters; we are here to deliver! In a recent update we added advanced monitoring of boost, relative filling and injection channels. For cars that support these parameters, users may now find PID controller variables (for fine tuning boost), relative filling limiters (including an index value to help locate the source of the limiter quickly), HPFP quantity valve delivery time and much more in our premium logger! We will be updating the User Manual to include an appendix with a full list of logging parameters soon. Authorized tuners can also specify which RAM address they would like to directly log. Interested users may request access for direct RAM logging as well. Please let us know what other logging parameters you would like to see in MG Flasher!

Once users have logged their car, they may use MG Flasher’s free new MG Cloud service to upload and view logs. Our cloud log viewer enables you to quickly toggle the display of different parameters, rescale the y-axis for individual parameters, zoom on points of interest and much more! Create a free account at logs.mgflasher.com to grab your API key, copy it into the MG Flasher app under “External Services”, and get started by uploading multiple logs directly from the app! Logs on our server are sorted by VIN for your convenience and secured for privacy measures. You can also share your logs with our staff for fast support.

In an upcoming update, burble aggression and duration maps will be reworked. The lower aggression settings will now be more tame and selectable duration range has been rescaled for a 0.1 second resolution between 0.0 and 4.0 seconds.

Technical Support over the holidays will be limited between December 24th, 2020 and January 3rd, 2021. We will be back at full weekday support on January 4th, 2021 with our regular hours: 9am – 4pm EST Monday to Friday. Stay safe!

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

The MG Flasher Team
www.mgflasher.com

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 05:44 PM   #50
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

B48 F-series Switchable Maps On-The-Fly Update

MG Flasher update v277

Switchable Maps On-The-Fly are now available on F-series B48 through MG Flasher’s latest app update v277. Following the successful launch of our B58 switchable maps a few months ago, we immediately started testing on the B48 platform. This week we finally released the latest B48 OTS map update (v1.8) that contain 5 slots to choose from. Drivers can switch mapping between different power levels and different octane / ethanol blends without the need to reflash the vehicle! Through a simple combination of the Brake Pedal, Accelerator Pedal and the Driver Select Switch you can quickly choose which slot you want to use. Watch our instructional video on YouTube to see how it works and read our User Manual for details!
. Minimum OTS map version for B48 engines, v1.8 is required to enable our Switchable Map option. Tuners should contact us about accessing Switchable Maps when using the “Custom Flash Menu”.

Many of you requested support for additional octane levels of fuel, so we added 102 RON (95 OCT) and ACN 91 (for low quality 91 OCT / 95 RON) to the list of choices when picking a file to flash. The octane level you select before flashing is the default (slot #0) map that is active after flashing. Slots 1 - 4 will contain either a lower/higher octane level, E30 or E50. We also added additional power levels to which you can immediately switch, Stock (184 bhp or 252 bhp, depending on the car) and 252 bhp.

We have created infographics (one for Stage 1 and another for Stage 2) to help identify where you can find a given fuel type or power level. Columns are the selected file flashed to the car (identified by ACN 91, 95 RON, 98 RON and 102 RON) and rows are the slots you can cycle through On-The-Fly once the car is running. When the map is flashed, you can view the available slots (for the flashed file) on the MyCar page by tapping the ECU info area. You can also find this information in the OTS map release notes.

Checkout some of the results for our E30 map (with 100 RON) on a Stage 2 B48 320i by looking at the log on MG Cloud Log Viewer (link below). Torque and power at 490 Nm and 345 bhp, respectfully, with zero timing corrections and ignition reaching 18°kW. When on E50, our tester F30 xDrive got a 100-200 km/h Dragy time of 11.6s!

The MG Flasher team has work very hard to create a professional method for enabling On-The-Fly switching. These are not just limiters and constants that are switched, but entire calibration tables and maps as well. It is virtually the same as flashing a new calibration for one specific fuel type or power level, but with the ability to put multiple calibrations into one file. MG Flasher’s unique custom code is so advanced that it is switching over 20 different maps including:
- Lambda and fuel maps
- Ignition timing tables
- Load and torque limiters
- PID boost control and turbine compressor maps

Users with F-Series B58 cars have been enjoying our switchable map solution for a few months now and soon we will deliver another update for these new octane and ethanol maps. The MG Flasher platform opens the door to custom tuners who want an On-The Fly Switchable Map solution with precise adjustment when tuning for different fuel or upgraded hardware. Contact us to get started today!

Regards,
The MG Flasher Team
www.mgflasher.com

Appreciate 2
      02-19-2021, 05:48 PM   #51
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

https://logs.mgflasher.com/log/486fb...ltdfQ==&wide=1
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2021, 03:03 PM   #52
VictorF30
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30

Quote:

Support for BMW B46 and B48 engines in F-series and G-series vehicles has now been added to MG Flasher!

We are happy to announce OTS maps stage 1 and stage 2 are now available for selected models. The amount of time and dedication we received from our beta testing team is unreal, we are so grateful for their support! Our staff and team of beta testers spent many hours on the dyno, street and track. They went through extensive testing and logging in many different climate zones to bring you safe and reliable software.

Here are the power levels we have seen on dyno runs:
184 hp model:
Stage 1 up to 290 hp and 420 Nm (310 ft-lb), delta of 95 hp and 138 Nm (102 ft-lb) from stock.
Stage 2 up to 325 hp and 450 Nm (332 ft-lb), delta of 130 hp and 168 Nm (124 ft-lb) from stock.
252 hp model:
Stage 1 up to 290 hp and 420 Nm (310 ft-lb), delta of 38 hp and 70 Nm (52 ft-lb) from stock.
Stage 2 up to 330 hp and 460 Nm (339 ft-lb), delta of 78 hp and 110 Nm (81 ft-lb) from stock.

Models with OPF (gasoline particulate filter) are also supported on stage 1 OTS maps.

Hybrid models are still under beta testing and will be released soon.

Stage 2 requirements: Transmission tuning recommended due to the torque limiter at 440 Nm (325 ft-lb). A high flow catalytic converter or catless downpipe is required. OPF filter must be removed. Please make sure to select appropriate options in MG Flasher during the flashing process.

The process is quick and easy, download MG Flasher App, connect to your car, purchase a flashing license and map, select ECU unlock, select which map to flash and you are done! Take advantage of fast flashing through an ENET cable which is supported with our most recent release, allowing users to change OTS maps in 15-20 seconds! The entire process takes under 10 minutes when using ENET. You can find detailed instructions in our user manual and connection guide on our website or in our app.

You will be able to enjoy all the features currently available on other MG Flasher tunes. Depending on your vehicle, this includes switchable maps on-the-fly, dynamic exhaust burble also adjustable on-the-fly, cold start elimination, catalytic converter delete, OPF delete, speed limiter removal and custom map flashing. Custom tuners using our platform and working with Tuner Pro will get access to XDF files soon (under development). These features are included with our flashing license and map pack at no additional cost!

*Switchable maps "on the fly" are currently supported only on F-Series vehicles. G-Series "on the Fly options" are in development. G-Series require a 15 -20 second reflash (when using ENET) to switch maps.

Supported B46 and B48 models**:
BMW 120i F20
BMW 230i F22
BMW 320i 330i F30 F31 F34 (G20 soon)
BMW 420i 430i F32 F33 F34 F36
BMW 530i G30
BMW X3 20i 30i G01
BMW X4 30i G02
**If you have a B46/B48 engine (184 hp or 252 hp model) and your vehicle is not shown on this list, please contact us directly for support. Hybrids are not available yet.

Visit our website for more information at mgflasher.com

Download the App from Google Play now to unlock the power!

Stay tuned!

MG Flasher offers products intended only for competition racing/off-road use which may not be road legal in your region. MG Flasher accepts no responsibility for compliance with vehicle's factory warranty or road legality.
is stage 2 safe for the high compression 184 model has ?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 03:03 PM   #53
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher - Cruise Control On-The-Fly Features for Generation 1 B46/B48/B58!

New Custom Code v6.0 with Cruise Control Features!
Details: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1854937
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 11:59 AM   #54
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2 Week Sale

We are offering 15% off all MG Flasher Licenses and our official ENET Adapter!
Available through our dealer network and at shop.mgflasher.com

Offer is valid from November 18th until December 3rd, 2021

Also, be sure to check out the new cruise control On-The-Fly features: with MG Flasher’s latest custom code users can switch maps, burbles, and max cooling using just the steering wheel buttons! In the coming weeks, we plan to release advanced antilag on F-Series B48 and B58 vehicles for both stationary and rolling launches. For a full list of available features please visit: www.mgflasher.com

Stay tuned!
The MG Flasher Team
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 04:24 PM   #55
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:

We are offering 15% off all MG Flasher Licenses and our official ENET Adapter!
Available through our dealer network and at shop.mgflasher.com

Offer is valid from November 18th until December 3rd, 2021

Also, be sure to check out the new cruise control On-The-Fly features: with MG Flasher’s latest custom code users can switch maps, burbles, and max cooling using just the steering wheel buttons! In the coming weeks, we plan to release advanced antilag on F-Series B48 and B58 vehicles for both stationary and rolling launches. For a full list of available features please visit: www.mgflasher.com

Stay tuned!
The MG Flasher Team
Hopefully on the fly, custom code will be coming to F series gen 1 hybrids in the near future!
Appreciate 1
330ed4.50
      12-21-2021, 02:11 AM   #56
330ed
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Hopefully on the fly, custom code will be coming to F series gen 1 hybrids in the near future!
Oh does it not work on the gen1 330e at all?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 02:18 AM   #57
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ed View Post
Oh does it not work on the gen1 330e at all?
No and is seems gen 1 330e is on the bottom of their list. Sure the map revision is only on 1.2. The 320i B48 has had more map revisions than the hybrid even thought I'd effectively the same engine.

Last edited by jcdub; 12-21-2021 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 1
330ed4.50
      12-21-2021, 06:18 PM   #58
330ed
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
No and is seems gen 1 330e is on the bottom of their list. Sure the map revision is only on 1.2. The 320i B48 has had more map revisions than the hybrid even thought I'd effectively the same engine.
Weird.

Any particular reason for that Jarek@JRAuto ?

I was ready to pull the trigger, but it doesn't sound like the 330e is very well supported?

Part of the reason you buy into a product like this is for the updates as I'm sure you'll understand from your regular posts.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 02:14 PM   #59
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ed View Post
Weird.

Any particular reason for that Jarek@JRAuto ?

I was ready to pull the trigger, but it doesn't sound like the 330e is very well supported?

Part of the reason you buy into a product like this is for the updates as I'm sure you'll understand from your regular posts.
Unfortunately, hybrid software is significantly different from other B48 software. This means additional R&D is required. We plan to add custom code support for hybrid models when time permits. We are still working on porting this code for G-series as well, it takes a lot of work to add features like this.
Appreciate 1
330ed4.50
      12-23-2021, 03:29 PM   #60
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Antilag (Rolling Launch) for Gen 1 B46, B48 & B58 is now available

The MG Flasher team is excited to announce the release of the long awaited advance Antilag feature. Antilag will be available for Gen 1 B46/B48 and B58 F-series (non-hybrid) models. With MG Flasher’s launch control feature, there will be two modes: Simple and Expert, to control both rolling and standing antilag independently. Adjustments in Simple Mode include minimum pedal position for activation, speed threshold to detect rolling, aggression, boost and RPM setpoint, with many more settings being available in the Expert Mode. This allows for an aggressive flame-spitting 2-step when parked, followed by a safer, smoother rolling-launch without having to reflash. For a full list of available option, see the App or User Manual. MG Flasher’s Antilag feature has undergone rigorous testing to make sure your vehicle runs as expected. A huge thanks to all beta testers who have greatly helped in development.

Note: iOS users may need to wait another day or so as Apple is still reviewing the update.

Antilag, as with Switchable Maps, Burbles and Max Cooling, can be activated through the cruise control buttons on your steering wheel. Hold FAR DOWN on the rocker to enter launch mode (if rolling, get a steady speed and lower gear between 3000-4000 RPM), press the throttle pedal and release the rocker when ready. You can also change the standing launch RPM by holding SHORT DOWN on the rocker, tapping up & down to adjust the RPM and pressing RES to accept the new value. Note: Max cooling activation has been changed to use SHORT UP on the rocker, this will make it more comfortable to hold the antilag button while focusing on the road. When Antilag is active, Max Cooling will also automatically turn until the antilag is released.

For more details, please see the full instructions here:
https://mgflasher.atlassian.net/wiki...Launch+Control

Tuners will soon be able to find our custom map pack and detailed instructions here:
https://mgflasher.atlassian.net/wiki...Antilag+Tuners

This will retard timing a significant amount and build a lot of intake and exhaust pressure. We recommend infrequent use of antilag and to obey all local laws. By using this feature, you acknowledge and accept the risks, including, but not limited to:
• Additional stress on the car that may be damaging (engine, turbo, exhaust, etc.)
• Potential damage to your ear drum
• Starting fires
• Having too much fun

You can install antilag via the Custom Options page after a brief 4-minute update to the latest Custom Code v6.9. Note: Cat-less downpipe is required when using Antilag.

Merry Christmas!
The MG Flasher Team

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 05:26 PM   #61
330ed
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately, hybrid software is significantly different from other B48 software. This means additional R&D is required. We plan to add custom code support for hybrid models when time permits. We are still working on porting this code for G-series as well, it takes a lot of work to add features like this.
Understood, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 03:29 PM   #62
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

𝗠𝗚 𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗕𝗼𝘀&a

MG Flasher Support added for Bosch MG1 07.2020+ ECUs!

MG Flasher update v317 brings support for all Bosch MG1 ECUs produced after July 2020, including the highly desired M3 and M4 (G8x models).

MG Flasher has teamed up with Femto to provide support for their special bench unlock. The MG Flasher App will detect Femto’s unlock and allow flashing via OBD with all MG Flasher custom options. Custom Code must be installed at Femto’s lab. Currently, Femto is adding our TCU torque limiter bypass code for Gen 2 ECUs with all other custom code to follow. It is critical to inform Femto that the ECU will be used with MG Flasher so that they include the latest Custom Code. All ECUs must be shipped to Femto’s laboratory (contact via Instagram: @femtoevo). Third party bench tools will not support ECUs produced after July 2020, if they become available, MG Flasher will include them in another update.

Thanks to Filip @hypertech_bmw_mini for providing beta tester and pictures

Regards,
The MG Flasher Team

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 01-17-2022 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 12:26 PM   #63
Danielknguyen
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

I didn't see any of the antilag options when flashing stage 1 or 2, do I need to update? I purchased 2 weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 04:41 PM   #64
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher has released a Remote Starter patch for all Gen 2 vehicles!

App update v329

In the past, having your gen 2 vehicle unlocked meant that the remote starter will no longer work. The dedicated team of developers at MG Flasher are now releasing the solution in the form of an OBD flashable update, Custom Code v0.3. This update will solve the issue for all MG Flasher users previously affected by the lack of Remote Starter support, after unlocking their ECU!

To take advantage of this patch, simply choose Custom Code v0.3 next time you flash your car. You will then be able to use Remote Start the same as before tuning your car! The latest app update will show you a popup whenever there is a Custom Code update.

As per popular request, there are also many new logging parameters added to the MG Flasher app including:
Battery voltage, Fuel: HPFP I and P-Components, Fuel: Rail pressure delta, MAP Sensor Voltage, Misfire Counter (per cylinder as well), Super-Knock Counter, MSV: Pre-control parameters, Oil pressure, Temperatures (Engine Coolant Sensor, Transmission oil and unit), Throttle request position, Timing Correction knock adaptation, Torque: Limiter 2, Valve Lift (Inlet), WG Position: Sensor (Raw), WG: Boost pressure target, and WG: I-Component.

If there are any other specific logging parameters you would like to see in the MG Flasher app, please comment on our posts or send us a message. For those who want to analyze their logs with a bit more details, you can find explanation of Torque and Load limiters here: Logging Parameters

This update also includes shadow code reading. Secondary code reading has been added to the standard DTC code reader, available on the Diagnostic’s page.

We thank all our testers who helped us verify this fix is fully operational. We hope you enjoy this update.

Regards,
The MG Flasher Team
www.mgflasher.com

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 03-14-2022 at 05:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 07:57 PM   #65
hEllberg
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 330E F30

Will there be more development for the 330E? BM3 seems to be alot more updated here.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 01:43 AM   #66
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hEllberg View Post
Will there be more development for the 330E? BM3 seems to be alot more updated here.
Feels like MG are neglecting the F30 330e. They haven't even implemented custom code. One of the key features of the MG platform!
Appreciate 0