F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > BMW F32 420i Pre Lci Genuine BMW M Performance Brake Kit, STXA Suspension Upgrade
Extreme Powerhouse

12-28-2021, 05:58 AM   #1
iCARMIX
iCARMIX
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW F32 420i Pre Lci Genuine BMW M Performance Brake Kit, STXA Suspension Upgrade

Time for some major mechanical upgrade for this good old 4 series F32.
As you can see, both the stock brakes and stock suspension were not in a good condition.
Both of these parts haven't been replaced after all these years of driving. Suspension top mount rubber completely disassembled as shown. That's why replacing these two parts will be essential if this car still needs to be driven for few more years.
I believe you all will be very familiar with this set of Genuine M Performance Brake Kit. The only special thing for this kit was rear discs were brembo high carbon and UV coated dimpled disc. You can see a slight color difference with the front discs due to the UV coating. It prevents corrosion and also has a higher life span than Genuine geunine brake discs.
STXA coil-overs was also installed alongside. Height and rebound damping can be individually adjusted on the set of suspension. It's all made by KW suspension and quality is just identical to KW suspenion, everything is nice and sturdy. Ride experience was also much better than stock suspenisons.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
tpoddar50.50
      01-02-2022, 10:39 AM   #2
snipagang
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 320i xdrive

Garage List
Why did you end up going for M performance brake kit? How much did it cost for parts and labor? Big difference? Im on stock brakes and I keep warping the rotors over and over :/
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 09:18 AM   #3
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipagang View Post
Why did you end up going for M performance brake kit? How much did it cost for parts and labor? Big difference? Im on stock brakes and I keep warping the rotors over and over :/
It's not warping. It's just brake pad deposit.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 2
johnung4526.50