F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > DEPO F30/31 Projector Headlights **UK Photos and Chat thread**
Extreme Powerhouse

02-18-2021, 01:04 PM   #1563
Squirtydog
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 420i 2018

I've started a thread aimed purely at installation guides etc. as I thought a quick access instructions thread might help. If it is considered duplication then please let me know. I'll take it down and add my write up here.

Any advice on embedding the PDF in the post rather than an attachment? Can't seem to see the attachment on phone.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 02:07 PM   #1564
Deanb992
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series F30

[QUOTE=OneLowban;27247642]Ah right I see, I haven't checked to see how hot my lights have got, haven't had them long either.

Roughly after how long with them being on did you notice it?

Must of been on for around 1 hour or so, probably nothing but just wondering if it’s the same for everybody, just for peice of mind 😄
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 03:47 PM   #1565
OneLowban
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanb992 View Post
Must of been on for around 1 hour or so, probably nothing but just wondering if it's the same for everybody, just for peice of mind 😄
Ah right, next time I have mine on for a while I'll try and remember to check, I'm sure it's fine too though.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 03:55 PM   #1566
Squirtydog
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Before and after.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-18-2021, 04:19 PM   #1567
OneLowban
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtydog View Post
Before and after.
Looks great mate, such a dramatic difference.

Get the beam adjusted and enjoy night driving without sunglasses on.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2021, 05:45 AM   #1568
sid0103
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d

Quote:
I've started a thread aimed purely at installation guides etc. as I thought a quick access instructions thread might help. If it is considered duplication then please let me know. I'll take it down and add my write up here.

Any advice on embedding the PDF in the post rather than an attachment? Can't seem to see the attachment on phone.
Hi Guys,

This is my first post so apologies in advance if i have come to the wrong forum/discussion.

I have just purchased the DEPO F30 headlights and have a question regarding installing a HID bulb in the projector low beam.

I have gone with the 35W Stealth HID kit which comes with the two connector pins (Black/Yellow) to be inserted in the original H7 connector inside the DEPO headlight.

I am just wondering whether it is OK to connect the pins to the H7 connector inside the DEPO headlights and leave this connector in the headlight with the HID bulb in the projector housing? I have attached some pictures of this for reference, i hope they make sense!

Has anyone else done this also? Will it cause any problems leaving the original H7 connector in the headlight like this?

Any help is much appreciated guys.

Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 02:41 PM   #1569
Squirtydog
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid0103 View Post
Quote:

Hi Guys,

This is my first post so apologies in advance if i have come to the wrong forum/discussion.

I have just purchased the DEPO F30 headlights and have a question regarding installing a HID bulb in the projector low beam.

I have gone with the 35W Stealth HID kit which comes with the two connector pins (Black/Yellow) to be inserted in the original H7 connector inside the DEPO headlight.

I am just wondering whether it is OK to connect the pins to the H7 connector inside the DEPO headlights and leave this connector in the headlight with the HID bulb in the projector housing? I have attached some pictures of this for reference, i hope they make sense!

Has anyone else done this also? Will it cause any problems leaving the original H7 connector in the headlight like this?

Any help is much appreciated guys.

Thank you!
All those connections stay inside the housing. Only those which pass through the grommet will he on the outside. Hard you looked at my installation post? Don't know if it helps you but it shows how I went about it.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 04:00 AM   #1570
Kashimash
Rep
Drives: F31 320i Touring

Quote:
Fitted these. They fit perfectly in the high beam. No adaptation needed. HIDs arrived this morning. Could do with some pointers on fitting and how to attach the ballasts. Going to search back in this thread.
But a quick link to some pics of them fitted would be great if anyone had them.

Taking pics as I go so I'll post a build thread once I'm done.
Any reason you didn't go for an H7 LED in the low beam too? Seems everyone is fitting HID kits to the low beams what's the reason for this?.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 04:15 AM   #1571
Kashimash
Rep
Drives: F31 320i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6times7 View Post
I’ve got the same issue with the motors, works for an up and down, then gives error which clears on restarting the car.

I'm wondering if the lights were connected with them set out of range, ie moving the adjustment knob tries to move the setting lower than the lights will go. I need to disconnect them, move the knob, then reconnect them to check, but haven't got round to it yet.

Might need doing for MOT soon, but we'll see.

Anyone else got any ideas? Are most people's working ok?
Hi, i think i have the same problem, everything is working ok except for the vertical levelling - it starts off fine, when you start the car you can see the headlight beam raise up and level into its correct position. Then when you rotate the manual adjustment wheel it works, you can see the beam moving up or down albeit more jerky than the stock BMW headlights I previously had. But if you fiddle with the wheel too much, i.e. like an MOT tester the adjustment stops and I get a yellow warning triangle on the dash saying the vertical headlight adjustment has a failure. This clears when you turn off the ignition btw.

Has anybody managed to figure out what it is? I'm wondering if it's something inside the headlight obstructing the movement as the movement does seem a bit jerky. The other theory i had was should I have installed the headlights with the manual wheel inside the car set at 0? Not sure if i did.

Just worried that when i take it for an MOT it will fail for not having the manual vertical adjustment working correctly.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 09:16 AM   #1572
BrennanF30
BMWLad
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport

Garage List
BMW F30 M Sport  [0.00]
Guys has anyone found a way to replace the inner high beam bulbs without taking the headlights out?

The access hole is at the side of the headlight but it is blocked up against the the long bonnet catch assembly and radiator.

What a stupid place for an access hole, there’s simply no way I can see how to get access to these bulbs without removing the headlight and I don’t want to do that.

Quote:
I don't know - BrennanF30 is Irish isn't he? I reckon he's got some super hi def, Ultra HD4K F30 photo taking potato
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 09:38 AM   #1573
BrennanF30
BMWLad
Ireland
Rep

Garage List
BMW F30 M Sport  [0.00]
So the only logical way I can see that might work is removing the bonnet latch assembly on both sides, it looks quite a deep assembly that is right in front of the high beam access holes..

Do you think this might give me enough room to do the job?

Quote:
I don't know - BrennanF30 is Irish isn't he? I reckon he's got some super hi def, Ultra HD4K F30 photo taking potato
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 03:10 PM   #1574
BrennanF30
BMWLad
Ireland
Rep

Garage List
BMW F30 M Sport  [0.00]
Guys I’m really surprised nobody has looked into this or ways of getting aground this issue. I really don’t want to be unsettling the headlights as I have got them sitting just right on the adjustment so the thought of having to remove the bumper again and realign the headlights again is awful.

The headlights themselves are fantastic, hard to believe that it’s over 5 years now since I originally spoke with Depo to bring them to our market.

I’m just left scratching my head at how they expect us to change the inner main beam bulbs whilst everything is installed into the car.

It would be interesting to know if Depo have made an updated version of these lights with this issue addressed.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 02:24 AM   #1575
WHLew
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D X-Drive

Morning,

Apologies if this stuff has been answered previously, but I couldn't find a definitive answer when trawling through the previous posts.

I fitted DEPO headlights to my 2013 F30 about 18 months ago, and I've just had it come back with a failed MOT due to the scroll switch in the cabin that adjusts beam height not working (lights not moving at all when scrolling up or done).

I understand people have had issues with this in the past, an I get a very occasional error message pop up that goes on engine restart, but im not sure the scroll leveler has ever worked since installing.

The motors seem to be working fine, as the beam dips and raises when starting the engine.

I guess my question is, are the DEPO lights designed so that the scroll wheel SHOULD be able to raise and lower the beam? Wondering if its just a connection issue between the panel and the lights?

Any help would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 01:46 AM   #1576
6times7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHLew View Post
Morning,

Apologies if this stuff has been answered previously, but I couldn't find a definitive answer when trawling through the previous posts.

I fitted DEPO headlights to my 2013 F30 about 18 months ago, and I've just had it come back with a failed MOT due to the scroll switch in the cabin that adjusts beam height not working (lights not moving at all when scrolling up or done).

I understand people have had issues with this in the past, an I get a very occasional error message pop up that goes on engine restart, but im not sure the scroll leveler has ever worked since installing.

The motors seem to be working fine, as the beam dips and raises when starting the engine.

I guess my question is, are the DEPO lights designed so that the scroll wheel SHOULD be able to raise and lower the beam? Wondering if its just a connection issue between the panel and the lights?

Any help would be appreciated!
Not a direct answer but may help...

I had this issue with the scroll wheel not working

I removed the depos as I was considering selling the car and took it for an MOT which needed some other electrical working doing. The auto electrician noticed that the headlight levelling was set to auto which was why the wheel wasn't working...

Don't know how it got to that setting as I hadn't changed it, maybe associated with changing bulbs to LEDs in Esys to stop faults...
Appreciate 0