F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > LCA upgrade
proTUNING Freaks

01-19-2022, 03:29 PM   #1
iron_mike_
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Arrow LCA upgrade

Hey all -

Sorry if this has been answered but trying to do some digging and not really a solid answer but if I'm upgrading to M3 control arms should I be upgrading anything else? I am on coil overs and I'm dropped a fair amount.

Also, what is a safe camber to be running without causing too much uneven wear? This car is just a daily street car. Not tracking. I was thinking -1 all around?

lastly, do you need an alignment if you upgrade the LCA?

Thank you
      01-19-2022, 10:46 PM   #2
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 2014 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_mike_ View Post
Hey all -

Sorry if this has been answered but trying to do some digging and not really a solid answer but if I'm upgrading to M3 control arms should I be upgrading anything else? I am on coil overs and I'm dropped a fair amount.

Also, what is a safe camber to be running without causing too much uneven wear? This car is just a daily street car. Not tracking. I was thinking -1 all around?

lastly, do you need an alignment if you upgrade the LCA?

Thank you
You're going to get a decent camber bump as well as castor from f80 arms
Tension arms don't center the wheel back up, but there are bushings etc that can help that. Lowered with f80 you're going to be at or more than -2*
Which is fine, honestly, my old e36 had decent camber to tuck 275's squares on stock fenders, I took my toe to a very minimal amount and tire wear was great

You will absolutely need an alignment and most likely won't be able to drive the car very far before so, the tie rods should be about 3 turns out to get *close* enough to drive to shop.
Appreciate 0