F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > bootmod3 for BMW F series Vehicles - General Discussion
proTUNING Freaks

05-03-2019, 10:19 PM   #2201
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw m2 lci

hello you guys so i got my car back today the car feels great running smooth like butter so i decided to give bm3 one last chance and see how my car reacted to it before i just went ahead and sold it

im not going to lie i was kinda scared so i wasn't able to get full wot pulls because obviously the trust is not there yet.

here are some logs if i can please get some feed back on how these logs look if my car looks healthy etc.

with afr boost timing etc.

here are some logs
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5cccfddbc090c61e72a42490

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5cccfd6cc090c61e72a4248e

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5cccfbc5c090c61e72a4247f

please someone take look at these and tell me how they look

i know they are not the best pulls but i was honestly afraid lol
      05-04-2019, 12:23 AM   #2202
outofphase
dad bod
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarortiz23 View Post
hello you guys so i got my car back today the car feels great running smooth like butter so i decided to give bm3 one last chance and see how my car reacted to it before i just went ahead and sold it

im not going to lie i was kinda scared so i wasn't able to get full wot pulls because obviously the trust is not there yet.

here are some logs if i can please get some feed back on how these logs look if my car looks healthy etc.

here are some logs

I've been rooting for you my man!

Knock detected multiple times in your WOT log and once more in the last one. Also looks like timing is being pulled on cylinder 4 in your WOT log, and you're overboosting in 5th gear.

What map is this? Octane?

I'd open another ticket with PTF. Even if you decide to sell BM3, I'm sure they can still help you figure out what's going on.

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 12:29 AM   #2203
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofphase View Post
Quote:

here are some logs

Knock detected multiple times in your WOT log and once more in the last one. Also looks like timing is being pulled on cylinder 4 in your WOT log, and you're overboosting in 5th gear.

I'd open another ticket with PTF. Even if you decide to sell BM3, I'm sure they can still help you figure out what's going on.
I'm on a map that ptf send me 91 octane

And if the car isn't looking too healthy

I think ima just get rid of bm3 before I get in to a mess again lol cuz the car is running hella smooth after picking it up from the dealer and I am not tryna deal with not being with out a car for 2 weeks again lol

And ptf is coo with there customer support but they just take way way way too long to respond dude lol
      05-04-2019, 01:19 AM   #2204
JuiceQuadre
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: E92 335D 2006, F30 335i 2014

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

here are some logs

I think ima just get rid of bm3 before I get in to a mess again lol cuz the car is running hella smooth after picking it up from the dealer and I am not tryna deal with not being with out a car for 2 weeks again lol

And ptf is coo with there customer support but they just take way way way too long to respond dude lol
hmm how abour trying to reflash to stock and do some logging stock so you can see if any of the issues are present even on stock?

If its just bm3 that would be rather unsettling indeed 🤔
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 09:17 AM   #2205
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Does anybody know a bad ass mechanic in SoCal area or tuner

That I can contact for them to look at my car lol

cuz I guess my car isn't really liking (something )

The car is running smooth by the way I flashed it back to stock
      05-04-2019, 09:35 AM   #2206
MTWO
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:

Too long? No other company responds like they do bro, by far the best out there and I’ve dealt with many. You’ve got so many issues with that car take it to a shop. Thousands of cars running bm3 and their OTS maps are super solid so it must be your car. You keep blowing them up even earlier and your injectors weren’t even coded. Go to a shop and figure out your shit then tune the car otherwise makes no sense to do it
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 09:41 AM   #2207
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWO View Post
Quote:

Too long? No other company responds like they do bro, by far the best out there and I’ve dealt with many. You’ve got so many issues with that car take it to a shop. Thousands of cars running bm3 and their OTS maps are super solid so it must be your car. You keep blowing them up even earlier and your injectors weren’t even coded. Go to a shop and figure out your shit then tune the car otherwise makes no sense to do it
well right now is running honestly pretty good on stock there is absolutely nothing I can complain about I haven't got no errors or hiccups or backfires or nothing so I mean

But like some one said the car can be driving smooth but is not 100% fixed

So now I'm hella confused

Am I suppose to take it to a shop and say my car is trippin when I tune it

Even yesterday with the tune the car was driving fine even on the hard pulls and I thought maybe the car was fine intill the logs said something else lol

And I was like oh shit let me just put it back to stock and figure this out

Another thing I notice is every time I flash bm3 my auto start stop function stops to work

Even when I go back to stock

Does anyone else experience this
      05-04-2019, 09:51 AM   #2208
JMellBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 325xi 2006

I have a 2015 bmw 335xi GT and I’m looking to stage 2. I was wondering if the regular 335xi front mount intercooler and downpipes would be the same as the 335xi on the GT chassie (also the bootmod3 will work with the GT fine right)
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 10:21 AM   #2209
MTWO
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
well right now is running honestly pretty good on stock there is absolutely nothing I can complain about I haven't got no errors or hiccups or backfires or nothing so I mean

Even yesterday with the tune the car was driving fine even on the hard pulls and I thought maybe the car was fine intill the logs said something else lol

Another thing I notice is every time I flash bm3 my auto start stop function stops to work

Why don’t you datalog your stock and have bm3 review it or even share the log here? And then when its confirmed you load the most basic map like a stage 1 for 91 octane and log that too and see what up
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 11:02 AM   #2210
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWO View Post
Quote:

Why don’t you datalog your stock and have bm3 review it or even share the log here? And then when its confirmed you load the most basic map like a stage 1 for 91 octane and log that too and see what up
I deflated the car back to stock and locked the dme

Does it need to be unlocked to do logs ?
      05-04-2019, 01:26 PM   #2211
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C MT, '15 X5 Msport

Quote:

here are some logs

Dude, I'm going to be harsh. You did injectors yourself, you didn't completely know what you were doing. You F'd up your car. Don't come on here "giving BM3 one more chance". Give yourself one more chance to follow the correct path.

Good suggestions above to take baby steps to rule out variables. BM3 customer service is very good and your post kind of drags them through the mud when I can't see that any of the blame is theirs.

Good luck.
Appreciate 6
      05-04-2019, 01:35 PM   #2212
Pray for Mojo
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i & 2018 X3 M40i

Dude has no self awareness.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 03:47 PM   #2213
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlb5 View Post
Dude, I'm going to be harsh. You did injectors yourself, you didn't completely know what you were doing. You F'd up your car. Don't come on here "giving BM3 one more chance". Give yourself one more chance to follow the correct path.

Good suggestions above to take baby steps to rule out variables. BM3 customer service is very good and your post kind of drags them through the mud when I can't see that any of the blame is theirs.

Good luck.
to be totally honest i get roughly one response a day from ptf don't get me wrong they have been trying to help but i email them at 8 am in the morning and don't reply back intill 3 pm in the afternoon by the time i try to send them the logs they won't respond anymore lol

i sent those logs to ptf yesterday and never heard from them again so i flashed my car back to stock because i believe they only do support from monday through friday from what there email say so im assed out.

reason why i flashed my car back to stock was because everyone states the logs are not looking healthy so why keep the car flashed and risk me really fucking something up.

the car runs smooth no problem strong when i had that map and right now with the stock map but the data logs show something else so im just being extra careful and just put the car back to stock.

at this point i feel like just selling the bm3 i have a buyer already

maybe the car just dislikes the danm tune lol i have no clue the most crazy thing is that ive have gotten emails from tuners
pms from people and then comments and they alllll have different opinions about the logs so im just like wth

one says hpfp is bad
another one says spark plugs are bad
another one says wastegate is bad
another one says afr is everywhere
then some one else say naw your afr are good
some say bad fuel
some say is something mechanical wrong
some say oh ptf can fix your tune with another map

is like wth who do i believe lol
      05-04-2019, 03:48 PM   #2214
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray for Mojo View Post
what would you do in this case ?
      05-04-2019, 03:53 PM   #2215
Pray for Mojo
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i & 2018 X3 M40i

I wouldn't fix my car without knowing 100% what I'm doing. There is a strong likelihood that something is mechanically wrong and the tune isn't at fault. Before I flashed my car I made sure everything was in perfect working order. Check all the boxes maintenance wise, you should log the car on stock tune and see if anything comes up.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 03:58 PM   #2216
outofphase
dad bod
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Try one of the shops I recommend in DM! Plenty of people on here will vouch for them (autotalent, EAS, SSR). Show them your logs and/or threads and explain the situation.

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 04:02 PM   #2217
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Try one of the shops I recommend in DM! Plenty of people on here will vouch for them (autotalent, EAS, SSR). Show them your logs and/or threads and explain the situation.
ima have to wait intill monday cuz everyone is close

but thats one hour in a half drive for me
      05-04-2019, 04:35 PM   #2218
akgambino
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi M-Sport (PWG)

Quote:
Quote:
Have PTF evaluate appropriate logs of how your car runs on the tune they sold you. It is not uncommon for individual cars to require some tweaks to the ots map and because ptf stands behind their product let them determine the best course of action for you. However you can expect them to drop everything they are doing to review your logs and apply changes to your map, they have thousands of customers.

Don't waste your time and effort and money chasing down hardware issues like people are suggesting like what r u gonna do replace your hpfp because someone said it looks bad in your datalog? Why would u drive an hour and a half away to a shop, what r they gonna do review your datalogs for you?

Let the professionals at PTF help you and in the interim either flash your stock tune or just don't drive too hard. Your issues don't look that severe, a ton of people have shitty looking timing that doesn't mean everyone needs new coils or plugs or that their is a hardware issue with their car it means their gas/octane sucks and their tune needs to be adjusted accordingly.
      05-04-2019, 05:04 PM   #2219
outofphase
dad bod
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Where in SoCal are you? Edit: Didn't know you were in Pasadena, okay. Try A's garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgambino View Post
Have PTF evaluate appropriate logs of how your car runs on the tune they sold you. It is not uncommon for individual cars to require some tweaks to the ots map and because ptf stands behind their product let them determine the best course of action for you. However you can expect them to drop everything they are doing to review your logs and apply changes to your map, they have thousands of customers.
Agreed.

Quote:
Don't waste your time and effort and money chasing down hardware issues like people are suggesting like what r u gonna do replace your hpfp because someone said it looks bad in your datalog? Why would u drive an hour and a half away to a shop, what r they gonna do review your datalogs for you?

Let the professionals at PTF help you and in the interim either flash your stock tune or just don't drive too hard. Your issues don't look that severe, a ton of people have shitty looking timing that doesn't mean everyone needs new coils or plugs or that their is a hardware issue with their car it means their gas/octane sucks and their tune needs to be adjusted accordingly.
OP is PWG and knocking in multiple instances during WOT (consistently, if you saw his older logs), overboosting, and his timing is much worse than the average stage 1 log. And yes, a competent BMW tuning shop (like the ones I mentioned above) will be able to gain some insight from his logs that might be useful in addition to whatever they can gather from an in person inspection/test drive. I agree that PTF can help, however there's only so much you can see from a datalog over the internet, and this is clearly more than just bad gas or an issue with the tune.

Last edited by outofphase; 05-04-2019 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 05:17 PM   #2220
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Where in SoCal are you? Edit: Didn't know you were in Pasadena, okay. Try A's garage.

Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:

OP is PWG and knocking in multiple instances during WOT (consistently, if you saw his older logs), overboosting, and his timing is much worse than the average stage 1 log. And yes, a competent BMW tuning shop (like the ones I mentioned above) will be able to gain some insight from his logs that might be useful in addition to whatever they can gather from an in person inspection/test drive. I agree that PTF can help, however there's only so much you can see from a datalog over the internet, and this is clearly more than just bad gas or an issue with the tune.
What I could say is that when I sent ptf my logs they didn't mentioned anything about my car having issues they only send me a new map and said try this map out now on wot and send us logs again

And all they said was if I see my car over boosting to let off the gas

Witch is a bit hard when your watching the rode and having a laptop on your driver seat and trying to see if is over boosting

I mean if ptf saw something super weird how come they didn't say hey you know what this is happening or your timing this or your afr or your having knock issues

Nothing all they said was try this map lol

So I did and then boom my car broke down

Fast forward I got the car fixed driving smooth

I flashed the car AGAIN to the map they sent me and

I guess having same issues

Timing is off
Afr is off
Knock I guess is detected

I honestly felt the car normal lol

Still done on stock flash

I mean I don't know none of this lol I'm just going by what people say lol
      05-04-2019, 05:18 PM   #2221
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What I could say is that when I sent ptf my logs they didn't mentioned anything about my car having issues they only send me a new map and said try this map out now on wot and send us logs again

Witch is a bit hard when your watching the rode and having a laptop on your driver seat and trying to see if is over boosting

I mean if ptf saw something super weird how come they didn't say hey you know what this is happening or your timing this or your afr or your having knock issues

Timing is off
Afr is off

05-04-2019, 05:23 PM   #2222
akgambino
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi M-Sport (PWG)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Timing is off
Afr is off

It will often take waaaayyyyyyyyyy more than one revision to get a car dialed in. Ask some people who have gone the custom tune route how many revisions it took their tuner.

They sent you an ots map revision and asked you to log it and send the results back to them, sounds like they have already shown they are seeing something in your previous logs that required adjustment, then your car broke down and now your car is fixed and flashed back to the map they sent you.... so send them the logs and they will review professionally and not Internet forum BS from guys telling u to take it to a shop or to replace this part or that part lol! They will review and send you another map revision to test and so on and so on until the map suits your car. Easy peezy