F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 328i Test Drive
proTUNING Freaks

11-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #23
rich100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 320i Xdrive msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
My first F30 drive was in a 320d Sport Line (Auto) and I was well impressed. It pulled strongly from low down and it really was easy to make un-fussed and pretty brisk progress. You certainly won't feel like you're being left behind by the pack, it's a very very good car. If you need re-convincing just what a good choice you made, check out the CarBuyer review of it on YouTube

Add to that, by not going for the 330d you'll have a huge wedge left over that you can spend on gadgets for the house, nights out with the lads, more gadgets, maybe some tweaks for the car, more beer and if there's anything left over then maybe a little something for your significant other

+1 LMAO
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #24
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i MSport

Used 328 from BMW UK great value

Hello this is my first post.
I bought a 328 Modern auto about 6 weeks ago. An AUC , ex BMW UK car, only 2700 miles when I bought it.registered January , £9000 worth of extras.
I paid £26,250 including.5 years free servicing & the paintwork was sealed etc.
The car originally cost £39000+ !!
There are plenty of these cars at BMW dealers, all with the same extras, registered in the last week,of January.
What I am saying is that this car may not be as good/economical etc as a 330d M sport, but for the money it's a no brainier.
My car is in Alpine white with Oyster leather, +all those extras.
There are now even a few cars ( mostly in Havana brown ) with adaptive suspension , but they are not so heavily discounted and sell fairly quickly.
The used 320d cost more than the used 328 and have less extras ! just check the BMW used car web site.
Just thought I would let you know.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #25
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isow View Post
Hello this is my first post.
I bought a 328 Modern auto about 6 weeks ago. An AUC , ex BMW UK car, only 2700 miles when I bought it.registered January , £9000 worth of extras.
I paid £26,250 including.5 years free servicing & the paintwork was sealed etc.
The car originally cost £39000+ !!
There are plenty of these cars at BMW dealers, all with the same extras, registered in the last week,of January.
What I am saying is that this car may not be as good/economical etc as a 330d M sport, but for the money it's a no brainier.
My car is in Alpine white with Oyster leather, +all those extras.
There are now even a few cars ( mostly in Havana brown ) with adaptive suspension , but they are not so heavily discounted and sell fairly quickly.
The used 320d cost more than the used 328 and have less extras ! just check the BMW used car web site.
Just thought I would let you know.
For an"off the peg car" you've done well, and at that price it is good value, best of luck with it.
      11-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #26
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

It's amazing how cars can differ....

Before I bought this Alpine white car, I test drove another AUC 328 at another dealer.
The engine of this 328 was rough, very tappety,more diesel like, the car I bought is much smoother / quieter.
Now the salesman I bought my car from told me they sell 70/80 used cars a month. Mostly ex BMW UK cars. They do a lot of Internet sales I.e. people see the car on the Internet, the spec, price is right and they buy the car over the phone. People buy these cars from all over the U K.
Obviously the first time these buyers drive these cars is when they pick them up from the dealer, or when the dealer has the car delivered to the buyer.
What a dangerous way to buy a car.
If the two cars I drove varied enormously, I can only suggest that everybody test drives the car before buying.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #27
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isow View Post
Before I bought this Alpine white car, I test drove another AUC 328 at another dealer.
The engine of this 328 was rough, very tappety,more diesel like, the car I bought is much smoother / quieter.
Now the salesman I bought my car from told me they sell 70/80 used cars a month. Mostly ex BMW UK cars. They do a lot of Internet sales I.e. people see the car on the Internet, the spec, price is right and they buy the car over the phone. People buy these cars from all over the U K.
Obviously the first time these buyers drive these cars is when they pick them up from the dealer, or when the dealer has the car delivered to the buyer.
What a dangerous way to buy a car.
If the two cars I drove varied enormously, I can only suggest that everybody test drives the car before buying.
Wise words indeed, many guys on here test drive New cars before they make up their minds which to go for BUT when their actual cars arrive thats what they get., having said that I have never encountered a bad new car.
Secondhand cars though need testing properly, I have a BMW car (which will be sold in the same way as you have said) and driven it from New, I have treated it well and it runs and drives great, but it could have had the Balls kicked out of it but someone else who cares little for a car thats not theirs.
      11-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #28
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Be careful of these ex-BMW cars, a lot are leant out to drive assist or accident exchange companies. I've had both a F11 530D and 2011 X5 3.0D M-Sport from a short term lease company. They arrived with accident exchange number plates and were well spec'd. After the 6 months when I gave them back I watched for them to appear on the approved used site. When I enquired about them I was told they were ex BMW management cars! Not the dealers fault as they buy them from a closed auction and don't know any different.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #29
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the above replies.
Sorry, but what are drive assist or accident exchange companies ?
Also what are accident exchange number plates ?
My car was owned by BMW UK according to the ' log book'
Thanks
P.S. being new to this forum please forgive me for asking the obvious but does john bmw6 work for BMW UK ?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #30
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep

They are companies who provide like for like courtesy cars in the event of a non-fault accident. I was told by the dealer selling the cars that I had driven for 6 months that they were BMW management cars registered to BMW UK from new. The registration plates on the cars had this companies website http://www.accidentexchange.com/. When they came to be sold they were changed.

I actually leased them through a broker.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #31
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Interesting Richard.
How would a buyer know that a AUC had been used for this purpose.
They wouldn't would they.
Shame.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #32
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I don't see the problem with a car hired out, it is not like it will be used any worse than a demonstrator.

The nearly new car you need to watch out for is the rejected one, but assume it will show in previous ownership documents.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #33
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

:There is nothing like taking delivery of a new car.
The advantage of buying used is that:
1. You have already driven it before you've paid for it.
2. You don't have to worry about the first stone chip because it already has some.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #34
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I don't see the problem with a car hired out, it is not like it will be used any worse than a demonstrator.
True, and I certainly looked after them. I think a big difference is that test drives are normally accompanied with a salesman whereas these are more likely to be used and abused.
Appreciate 0