F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 330D Touring M Sport. Is the wait worth it?
Extreme Powerhouse

10-25-2012, 03:30 AM   #111
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banksy View Post

By the way the dealer actually told me the DAB radio doesn't really work, it is not designed for moving vehicles (for anyone considering options) so i have dropped it off the spec. He also said that £25 per month on a 48 month pcp equates to around £1400 in OTR price.
Your dealer is talking b*llocks as most do, DAB works better than ever now with loads of great stations.
      10-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #112
Hardrada
Rep
Drives: F31 330D-M SPORT- Estoril Blue

After 1 week- 330D-F31-EB2-CORAL-HK-rest standard.

A brief update. 1 weeks driving, 420 miles, 3/4 of a tank of diesel. Lots of motorway, A and B roads.
Just did the A272 Cowfold to Petersfield route, in the dark, that I've driven 100's of times. The 330d Msport F31 just gets better and better.

Handling is less railed than my old 1 series, more gliding than railing. It's a different feel but turn in and exit from bends are great.

Acceleration is absolutely eye watering. Went round a tractor from 20mph and was hovering near 90 mph in seconds! Need to be very careful.

Non adaptive standard Msport suspension is fine. Standard steering, headlights and brakes also fine.
Y-cable works fine; but standard 3.5 AV lead also works as AUX input, but doesn't work through the i-driver.

Have to say that the car is a revelation and any one that's hesitating needs to join the club. Very very happy!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 04:32 AM   #113
Banksy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Thanks for the feedback. What options did you go for and any comments on those?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #114
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
When I enquired about a 330d they were coming back with a GFD of between £14K and £15K for a 48 month PCP, from memory.

For £450 a month, and a car spec'd up to around £40K list price, I think you would be looking at around £8K deposit. Obviously a lesser spec'd car will need less deposit.

This is for 3.9% APR.

The dealer told me as a rule of thumb, for every £1000 worth of options you add on, that adds another £30 a month on to your monthly repayments, although I'm not sure how accurate that is.
That is very accurate. For a deposit of £9k against a car value of £42k doing 8k miles a year over 48 month PCP equates to £457 with GFD of £15.5k. APR 3.9%.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #115
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardrada View Post
A brief update. 1 weeks driving, 420 miles, 3/4 of a tank of diesel. Lots of motorway, A and B roads.
Just did the A272 Cowfold to Petersfield route, in the dark, that I've driven 100's of times. The 330d Msport F31 just gets better and better.

Handling is less railed than my old 1 series, more gliding than railing. It's a different feel but turn in and exit from bends are great.

Acceleration is absolutely eye watering. Went round a tractor from 20mph and was hovering near 90 mph in seconds! Need to be very careful.

Non adaptive standard Msport suspension is fine. Standard steering, headlights and brakes also fine.
Y-cable works fine; but standard 3.5 AV lead also works as AUX input, but doesn't work through the i-driver.

Have to say that the car is a revelation and any one that's hesitating needs to join the club. Very very happy!
Good on you bro..enjoy..

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 03:33 AM   #116
AlteredCarbon
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 320D MSport EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Your dealer is talking b*llocks as most do, DAB works better than ever now with loads of great stations.
I've got DAB on mine and can confirm it works very well indeed - loving having Radio 6 Music in the car now. It has only dropped off once and that was in a valley along a country road, so thumbs up from me.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 04:51 AM   #117
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Quote:
I use the A272 quite a bit, mainly between the A23 and Buck Barn and sometimes on to Petworth. There's some good bits on that road.

If I see a blue missile in my mirrors I'll wave as you swoop past

Unless I'm on the bike of course!

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #118
Hardrada
Rep
Drives: F31 330D-M SPORT- Estoril Blue

Another 400 miles down and things are getting interesting. I dont have adaptive suspension or steering. The ride is slightly softer going into a tight bend, but all it needs a careful selection of the line through the bend and the car seems to glide round really well. No roll as such, just a fluidity. Its very very quick, and I think it's more about how much confidence I have at the moment rather than the cars limitations. All said though, if the adaptive and sports steering makes it better then go for it. I'm not missing it as the ride and handling are simply fantastic with the standard MSport suspension. I suspect that the non-Msport versions will be lacking; but I have an MSport so smiling
I've been playing with the paddles too; and they are awesome. One of the issues with the cornering is that the auto-gear change happens once you've gone round the bend, so there's a moments lag before the power unleashes itself. Dropping down as you go in with the paddles sets everything up for a smooth exit and that seems to help. On the motorway, a double or triple drop with the paddle and the engine roars, whacking you back in the seat and absolutely rocketing you off. Left a Porsche Cayman S for dead yesterday- very nice
Motorway driving is really good. Sports seats are really comfortable, and driving position is perfect. I'm 6" and built like the proverbial brick s**t house and all fits nicely with a bit of fine tuning.
All those who are waiting; rest assured it's worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #119
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Another 400 miles down and things are getting interesting. I dont have adaptive suspension or steering. The ride is slightly softer going into a tight bend, but all it needs a careful selection of the line through the bend and the car seems to glide round really well. No roll as such, just a fluidity. Its very very quick, and I think it's more about how much confidence I have at the moment rather than the cars limitations. All said though, if the adaptive and sports steering makes it better then go for it. I'm not missing it as the ride and handling are simply fantastic with the standard MSport suspension. I suspect that the non-Msport versions will be lacking; but I have an MSport so smiling
I've been playing with the paddles too; and they are awesome. One of the issues with the cornering is that the auto-gear change happens once you've gone round the bend, so there's a moments lag before the power unleashes itself. Dropping down as you go in with the paddles sets everything up for a smooth exit and that seems to help. On the motorway, a double or triple drop with the paddle and the engine roars, whacking you back in the seat and absolutely rocketing you off. Left a Porsche Cayman S for dead yesterday- very nice
Motorway driving is really good. Sports seats are really comfortable, and driving position is perfect. I'm 6" and built like the proverbial brick s**t house and all fits nicely with a bit of fine tuning.
Good to here, mine coming in a week or two. itching now.
      10-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #120
mike0zero
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Avant

JohnBMW6 quick question

I see that you have had/ maybe still got a X3 35d M Sport and could do with some advice.

I am currently undecided between a 330d M Sport Tourer vs X3 35d M Sport and cannot decide, so any advice is welcome.

X3 will work out dearer but am prepared to pay the extra, am a little concerned that overall drive will leave me wanting so hence leaning more towards the 330d Tourer.

Regards

mike
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #121
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0zero View Post
JohnBMW6 quick question

I see that you have had/ maybe still got a X3 35d M Sport and could do with some advice.

I am currently undecided between a 330d M Sport Tourer vs X3 35d M Sport and cannot decide, so any advice is welcome.

X3 will work out dearer but am prepared to pay the extra, am a little concerned that overall drive will leave me wanting so hence leaning more towards the 330d Tourer.

Regards

mike
There's no finer car than a 330D
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #122
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:

Looking at a 330d as a new work tool,so thought I would pop in here to find out how the new ones are being enjoyed ........sounding good

But leaving a Cayman S for dead that 'ain't gonna be happening unless he was asleep

What are the discounts on these currently ? And does anyone have an idea when/if the X drive is coming to the 330 ?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 03:04 AM   #123
matx1982
M Performance
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 + F90 M5 + G80 M3

Garage List
2021 X5  [0.00]
2021 M5 Competition  [9.17]
2022 M4 CSL  [10.00]
2022 M3 Xdrive Comp ...  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post
But leaving a Cayman S for dead that 'ain't gonna be happening unless he was asleep
Wouldn't be surprised well with the auto sport box. My 335d would routinely do the same with all sorts best being a Ferrari.

0-60 no chance. Staged run... no chance.
But real life driving when you are braking and the lights go to green... It always made me smile.

Mat

Instagram - @matfireworks
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 04:21 AM   #124
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0zero View Post
JohnBMW6 quick question

Regards
EDIT: "The drive in the X3 35D is very good though even with the adjustable sport suspension will not corner as well as the 330D, it is top heavy.Test drive both before you make up your mind"

mike
Just sold mine, the car (X3 35D MS) returned 34/36 MPG on my driving, it is mainly out of town work and no real short journeys ( we have a 1.4D KIA 3 for that), the boot in the X3 is higher but 2" shorter, so my golf gear goes into the touring easier, I paid £53K for the X335DMS it had every extra on it apart from TV, and I got £45.65K back after 12 months and 11K miles.
It is very quick and has loads of torque, it would be close to the 330D touring in a straight line but economy wise no where near.
My wife complained about the seat position even though we had the electric sports seats with lumber and heating , she felt we sat on rather than in them, I had no problem but could see where she was coming from. PARKING: The X3 is big and on trips to inner london did not fit in some parking areas ( it was outside the lines) this could be a problem.
The 330D touring is easier to drive and park better economy and no real loss IMO in luggage space unless to need to pile everything high, both cars have reclining rear seats so the choice is yours, personally I would go with the 330D touring. best regards J.
EDIT: "test drive both before deciding they drive very different, the 330D goes round corners much better"
PS) no real advantage of 4*4 against winter tyres here in norfolk.
Maybe in the North of Scotland the X3 would be better BUT winter tyres still needed.

Last edited by JOHNBMWM5; 10-31-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:00 AM   #125
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
Wouldn't be surprised well with the auto sport box. My 335d would routinely do the same with all sorts best being a Ferrari.

0-60 no chance. Staged run... no chance.
But real life driving when you are braking and the lights go to green... It always made me smile.

Mat
yeh and I wasted a new Maserati in my audi tdi this morning coming off and island! !! Lol

anyhows discounts and X drive on the 330d?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:07 AM   #126
matx1982
M Performance
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 + F90 M5 + G80 M3

Garage List
2021 X5  [0.00]
2021 M5 Competition  [9.17]
2022 M4 CSL  [10.00]
2022 M3 Xdrive Comp ...  [10.00]
"yeh and I wasted a new Maserati in my audi tdi this morning coming off and island! !! Lol"
That'll teach him to buy a Maserati then.

Discount wise, I would aim for around 10%. This is a good time to be buying - BMW would always ring me up in November asking me to come in.

Instagram - @matfireworks
Appreciate 0