F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > M Performance BBK (When to Install?)
GetBMWParts

02-20-2019, 07:32 PM   #1
im.beemo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

M Performance BBK (When to Install?)

Hey guys! Just looking for some opinions after digging around the thread. I'm currently driving a 340i with OEM non-M Sport brakes and about 27k miles on the odometer.

I'm thinking about upgrading all four brakes to the M Perf BBK sometime in the near future, but have been seeing all these threads and comments on how there is noise that seems to be occurring while driving.

When do OEM brakes usually wear out to the point where they need to be completely replaced? Are a lot of people still having issues with noise being produced while driving with the M Perf BBK? Thanks ya'll!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 09:03 PM   #2
harperium
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3cx

i had grey oem non m-sport brakes too. i installed the m perf brakes around 29k miles, 16k of which were highway miles. the oem pads had at least half their life left. couldve gone to maybe 50k.

i figure with the cost of the MPBBK kit i’d rather install the new brakes sooner and enjoy them longer.

i love the m perf brakes. great feel. i cant hear any noise. i have zero issues with the m perf pads. i also had stainless steel brake lines installed too. see my thread for a review and pics.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 11:01 PM   #3
im.beemo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by harperium View Post
i had grey oem non m-sport brakes too. i installed the m perf brakes around 29k miles, 16k of which were highway miles. the oem pads had at least half their life left. couldve gone to maybe 50k.

i figure with the cost of the MPBBK kit i’d rather install the new brakes sooner and enjoy them longer.

i love the m perf brakes. great feel. i cant hear any noise. i have zero issues with the m perf pads. i also had stainless steel brake lines installed too. see my thread for a review and pics.
Great review you made on that thread of yours! My main concern was the squeaking noises or whatever noises other people who had them installed complained about. However, looks like I may just pull the trigger on the brakes in the near future then!

Was there a break-in period after you had them installed?
Appreciate 0