F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
GetBMWParts

08-04-2020, 04:17 PM   #3961
bowen159
Rep
Drives: Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerij101 View Post
Think I may hold off updating if that's the case
I’ve found a work round for this after a couple of hours of messing.

Firstly, when not connected to the mmi, load Google Maps and in Settings, find Navigation settings. In there, set the sound level to loud.

The next thing I did was in the MMI Audio setting, select the EQ. Reduce all the frequencies to around -5. I found that if you do them all equally, it sounds the same but reduces the volume for all sound volume streamed ie Tune in radio, Spotify, BBC Sounds, etc but doesn’t reduce the Navigation announcements therefore making the Navigation louder than the radio.

Been out for a drive and it’s now the same volume levels I had on the stock navigation announcements with the radio!

One bug I’ve noticed. If you have the volume set to say 50% on the I-drive and you reset the MMI (hold the menu button down), it resets the volume to almost mute in the mmi but it’s still 50% through the I-drive. To get round this, you have to set the volume to 0 on the I-drive and then complete a reset in the mmi. This sets both to the same levels.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 04:25 PM   #3962
Kyokushin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32 428i, F32 420i

I am curious the case - what will happen?
1) connect by USB to the OEM port in car. It should then use something called Bluetooth through USB. It is always engaging when i am using spotify by bmw apps (NBT not evo)
By this way i can hear all sounds from the cellphone as navigation on mobile, spotify or just usb music from OEM speakers, and as a 'source' i am picking the 'usb'. I noticed it is engaging only on iPhone.
2) after step 1 (set source as "BT via USB" (dont remember exact name)) connect to the carplay

What i would like to achieve - to transfer all phones audio via OEM USB - after that maybe it will also transfer calls via usb/bt?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 04:30 PM   #3963
cerij101
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowen159 View Post
I’ve found a work round for this after a couple of hours of messing.

Firstly, when not connected to the mmi, load Google Maps and in Settings, find Navigation settings. In there, set the sound level to loud.

The next thing I did was in the MMI Audio setting, select the EQ. Reduce all the frequencies to around -5. I found that if you do them all equally, it sounds the same but reduces the volume for all sound volume streamed ie Tune in radio, Spotify, BBC Sounds, etc but doesn’t reduce the Navigation announcements therefore making the Navigation louder than the radio.

Been out for a drive and it’s now the same volume levels I had on the stock navigation announcements with the radio!

One bug I’ve noticed. If you have the volume set to say 50% on the I-drive and you reset the MMI (hold the menu button down), it resets the volume to almost mute in the mmi but it’s still 50% through the I-drive. To get round this, you have to set the volume to 0 on the I-drive and then complete a reset in the mmi. This sets both to the same levels.
OK, thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 04:36 PM   #3964
frviana
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
Anyone have a good suggestion on an alternative vendor than Andream for the hardware?

I bought an Andream unit 6 weeks ago direct from their website store and it's been a bit of a pain in the rear ever since. Their shipping company lost the package in the US (no movement in over 3 weeks) and the guys over at Andream have basically washed their hands of the situation saying there's nothing they can do about it because they can't track the package.

I'd probably caution others from purchasing direct from their web store as well or just use another version.

The whole reason for going with Andream was that it appeared to be better supported especially among a lot of the custom firmware work going on but now it's looking like that's less important now.
I bought Carlinkit from Aliexpress, its their store on Aliexpress. I picked DHL and payed the premium for shipping and it was delivered to my door 4 days after I placed the order (order was placed on Friday and I received it on Monday which was a holiday). I was extremely happy. Installed on the same day and everything worked. It came with a couple plastic tools to remove the dash and a very nice large microfiber cloth too. Very nice touch. They shipped the same day I put the order.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 05:21 PM   #3965
random_flasher
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F56

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
With Carplay the bimmertech MCU doesn't seem to do anything except make the scroll wheel work backwards.

As for getting it fixed, if Andream, Carplay, RoadTop or Bimmertech bring out an update that fixes this, then there will be a new custom update soon afterwards

But as above we don't have the SDK for the units (we have tried our best to get this, I have even emailed sunplus directly trying to get it), but none of the vendors are willing to share it and none of them seem interested (or even seem to have any idea of how) to fix it themselves.
The scroll wheel stopped working ?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 05:22 PM   #3966
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
Anyone have a good suggestion on an alternative vendor than Andream for the hardware?

I bought an Andream unit 6 weeks ago direct from their website store and it's been a bit of a pain in the rear ever since. Their shipping company lost the package in the US (no movement in over 3 weeks) and the guys over at Andream have basically washed their hands of the situation saying there's nothing they can do about it because they can't track the package.

I'd probably caution others from purchasing direct from their web store as well or just use another version.

The whole reason for going with Andream was that it appeared to be better supported especially among a lot of the custom firmware work going on but now it's looking like that's less important now.
I bought a Carlinkit from this seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/18438643988...m=184386439888

He is U.S. based so the unit arrived in about 2-3 days.

Andream may now be shipping their new unit exclusively which isn't compatible with the custom firmware.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 05:49 PM   #3967
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabzer View Post
The scroll wheel stopped working ?
No its the scroll wheel on the steering wheel that works backwards ONLY in the middle screen of android auto. It works perfectly fine everywhere else (which i noticed) and is a minor problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 05:56 PM   #3968
random_flasher
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F56

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDHC View Post
No its the scroll wheel on the steering wheel that works backwards ONLY in the middle screen of android auto. It works perfectly fine everywhere else (which i noticed) and is a minor problem.
ok thanks for that info
good job for the update !

do you guys know how to fix the issue on Waze , default output always set to Carlpay, can't choose BMW ... tried multiple things nothing worked..

Last edited by random_flasher; 08-04-2020 at 06:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 06:29 PM   #3969
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDHC View Post
The scroll wheel is backwards for everything in carplay with the bimmertech mcu.

The 20.6.2 mcu from andream / carlinkit works fine and the scroll wheel works the correct way in carplay.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 06:50 PM   #3970
propernorf
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 F10

Hello, there guys grat work you doing here. I have a question regarding the customer version. Will it work with The newer andream unites or is it not compatible;e.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 07:37 PM   #3971
Besty78
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty78 View Post
absolutely awesome job guys i love it although have a few questions please

what's reverse cam alternative

it doesn't recognise the bimmertec mcu

i need a password to connect to the wifi? can't use autolink

it's not showing any bluetooth connection to the mmi ?
what's reverse cam alternative - no idea (didn't see to change anything when I tried it)

it doesn't recognise the bimmertec mcu - it does, do not rename it, they name it upgrade_mmi.bin for a reason

i need a password to connect to the wifi? can't use autolink - don't need it with carplay but iirc the password for the wifi is 12345678

it's not showing any bluetooth connection to the mmi - no idea don't have an android
thanks for the answers dude

i paired the bluetooth in the end

thanks for the password

i didn't change the filename of the mcu mate
the mcu file lost it's data somehow so i dloaded again and it worked

all problems resolved apart from still not being able to screen mirror with android and autolink

love the fact i can have full screen reverse cam with the pdc sensors graphics overlay

thanks again guys , epic job !
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 09:29 PM   #3972
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Flashed 2.0, everythings perfect. The revisions I made for myself seem to work as well. With 2.0 lost the ability to do a custom boot logo via the menu.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 10:19 PM   #3973
frviana
Rep
Drives: F36

Is there a way to have AA not changing to Night mode when lights turns on? I don't like the dark mode. Running Custom 2 btw.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 10:49 PM   #3974
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by frviana View Post
Is there a way to have AA not changing to Night mode when lights turns on? I don't like the dark mode. Running Custom 2 btw.
I haven't tried it myself, but you can try changing the setting to "Day" under "Day/Night in AA developer settings.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 11:00 PM   #3975
ngiannitsaros
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d

Can we please have the custom rom for RoadTop CIC also? I only need the widescreen mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 11:32 PM   #3976
jluzbet
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F15 X5, E93 335

Just got my box and finished the install on a f15, looks like I have the new version just need to uodate tomorrow, I feel it sluggish at times is it like that?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 04:37 AM   #3977
jaypayne05
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluzbet View Post
Just got my box and finished the install on a f15, looks like I have the new version just need to uodate tomorrow, I feel it sluggish at times is it like that?
When you update to the new software it will be much more responsive
      08-05-2020, 05:38 AM   #3978
cjattard
Rep
Drives: i8

just a quick observation I had set my wifi channel to 6 on the new software - like I did with the Andream software and the performance on the new software was not usable - 1-2 second lag for control movements to update on the screen - i changed the value to 36 and its as smooth as an otter again.

Perhaps something sorted itself under the reboot - but if anyone is having performance issues on the custom firmware do try changing the wifi channel.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 06:04 AM   #3979
CARR601
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjattard View Post
just a quick observation I had set my wifi channel to 6 on the new software - like I did with the Andream software and the performance on the new software was not usable - 1-2 second lag for control movements to update on the screen - i changed the value to 36 and its as smooth as an otter again.

Perhaps something sorted itself under the reboot - but if anyone is having performance issues on the custom firmware do try changing the wifi channel.
Had frequent disconnections on 6. Changed to 36, been fine ever since.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 06:14 AM   #3980
Furbz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Possible X5 50i

I'm really struggling with my Android not using Mobile data when connected to the MMI.
i have gone into settings on my phone and enabled "switch to mobile data" - use mobile data whenever your WI-FI internet is connection is slow or unstable.

this has not worked as when i am connected to the MMI wifi i am still offline and unable to stream or use maps correctly.
on my phone i also have no connection if i try search anything in google.
so no data is coming through at all.
if i disconnect the WIFI i get data perfectly over mobile network.

Samsung S10
Android 10

v2.0.0.B0.mod
20.6.2.0 (i never changed this from its original)

any help will be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Furbz; 08-05-2020 at 06:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 06:34 AM   #3981
cerij101
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

Having tried v2.0.0.B0.mod I think I may go back to v1.0.A0.mod.

I couldn't get a reliable wireless connection to AA whilst also being connected to the OEM bluetooth (though when it did work it was great). And my Pixel 3 wouldn't auto-connect to AA. With v1, when you plugged in an Android phone via USB it took you through the full AA setup including wireless. But with v2 it doesn't take you through the wireless part of the setup.

I also notice 'OK Google' works but doesn't understand what I'm saying, whereas in v1 it worked fine.

And the text on Google Maps is a little pixelated. I know it's not a big deal.

v2 also seemed a little 'laggy' but that may be my perception.

Great work though!

EDIT: Seems to be working after a reboot of everything.

Last edited by cerij101; 08-05-2020 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: Privacy
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 06:59 AM   #3982
scotsdave
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Great work version 2 is perfection for me!
Appreciate 0