F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > ///M Red Performance Brakes installed on Glacier silver
GetBMWParts

06-13-2016, 04:53 PM   #23
wsoto
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i

The dealer gave me the ending on 600. Let me verify with them. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 06:31 AM   #24
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
I am trying to decide if I should install the set with the dimpled rotors or order an extra set of blank rotors. Too bad there is no one in my area with the kit that I can take a ride in to determine if I can put up with the noise.
Hmmm... I haven't noticed any additional noises from the rotors. Or any additional noises from the brakes at all since my install. There was a slight burn in period where I might have had a slight scraping noise but I did the bed in process and all that was gone within a few miles. And not to mention I love the look of the MPE rotors, not sure you would get the same look from blank rotors...)..

I have Dinan exhaust & CAI so I ride with the windows down every chance I get...
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 06:35 AM   #25
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmastr View Post
I too always wanted a bbk and was so excited to have them on my F31. Congrats, it looks great. Have you noticed a braking difference?

I too have a toddler and a new born, to get the wife to let me spend a few hours on the car is mission impossible.
I feel ya bro... I've had the top view & surround view cameras and all the cabling sitting in the garage for 8 months... I had to take off from work to install the brakes... (I have a 15 month old & one on the way in less than 3 months)

If I'm being completely honest, I haven't really noticed a major improvement in braking but boy they sure do look amazing...
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 11:21 AM   #26
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

Hi there.
You will notice the brake improvement in wet conditions.
      06-15-2016, 09:02 PM   #27
F30JetsFan
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i Sportline

They really look amazing. I just ordered the yellow ones yesterday. Can't wait to get them installed.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 06:42 AM   #28
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30JetsFan View Post
They really look amazing. I just ordered the yellow ones yesterday. Can't wait to get them installed.
You will love the way they look...)... Congrats on the purchase
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 09:07 PM   #29
tesm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F32

Love the way it looks but I was quite displeased with the noises near the barrier or wall. I would recommend swapping out the front pad from the blue m sport pad as I did. The pad that came with the mperf was definitely a downgrade for me since my car came with euro pad out from the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 06:44 AM   #30
Thomas M.
BMW ISPI Next Dianostic
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW E39 Touring

Good brakes. Goog calipers.

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 06:56 AM   #31
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32d View Post
Love the way it looks but I was quite displeased with the noises near the barrier or wall. I would recommend swapping out the front pad from the blue m sport pad as I did. The pad that came with the mperf was definitely a downgrade for me since my car came with euro pad out from the dealer.
Can you describe the noise please? Only when you brake or all the time? Did you grease the pads & calipers in all the sports per the install guide??? Who did the install? What the noise there right away or take time to develop? Did you bed the pads post install???

My car is a bit of a garage queen b/c I travel for work 50-75% of the time & when I'm home I work from home... Most of my trips are short trips but some long ones but mostly highway. I might have put 1000 - 1500 miles on my car post install (that estimate may be high). My buddy is in town from out of town so this is the most action my car has seen in a while, definitely no noises.

I love riding by tunnels, walled in areas so I can hear my exhaust & intake... Hearing the turbo spool & the blow off valve release in sport mode...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 11:35 PM   #32
Zangetsu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 340i Msport Track 6MT

Stock suspension?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 06:37 AM   #33
GeeZee_SKG
Enlisted Member
Greece
Rep
Drives: F20 118i (MY2011)

Congrats steelerfan reds are the bees knees on your glacier silver babe! I just had my mp BBK in yellow installed on my babybimmer f20... Drilled rotors are a giant upgrade in looks!

+1 Regaeding the rustling leaves kind of noise from the fronts. Did you have the system flushed again after break in? Mech says it is good to do so to make sure air is completely out from it. I am doing the recoding within the week
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 06:42 AM   #34
GeeZee_SKG
Enlisted Member
Greece
Rep
Drives: F20 118i (MY2011)

Sorry for hijacking your thread... There goes the yellows
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #35
CazuaLLUK
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Black F30 M Sport

Garage List
I have stock brakes at the moment.

So when you buy these calipers in red, I would also need to buy new discs?

How much did you pay?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 12:17 PM   #36
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangetsu View Post
Stock suspension?
Yes, stock M sport suspension which is believe is just a tad lower than non M-sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeZee_SKG View Post
Congrats steelerfan reds are the bees knees on your glacier silver babe! I just had my mp BBK in yellow installed on my babybimmer f20... Drilled rotors are a giant upgrade in looks!

+1 Regaeding the rustling leaves kind of noise from the fronts. Did you have the system flushed again after break in? Mech says it is good to do so to make sure air is completely out from it. I am doing the recoding within the week
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeZee_SKG View Post
Sorry for hijacking your thread... There goes the yellows
Thanks man... yours is looking great too. Totally agreed on those M Performance rotors are huge & do an awesome job filling up the wheel well.

I did do the flush after break-in but that wasn't by design.. I drove my car for a few weeks before i had the dealership do a brake flush just bc i was trying to get a feel for my car post install. I drive it so little b/c of my travel schedule & i work from home. It's usually short trips to daycare to get my son or run to the grocery store or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CazuaLLUK View Post
I have stock brakes at the moment.

So when you buy these calipers in red, I would also need to buy new discs?

How much did you pay?
That's actually a really good question... The M Sport brakes (blue) & M Performance brakes (yellow, orange or Red) can use the M Performance rotors. I honestly don't know if the stock 4 piston grey front 335i caliper could take the M performance rotors, it looks like the exact same caliper to me as the M performance (just not poweder coated) & the mount points were the exact same which i think it could work. The rear stock caliper is a 1 piston design & I do not believe is compatible.

I scored a really good deal for yellow from one of the vendors.. then found a smoking deal on ebay on the Red.. my story is a bit complicated b/c i bought yellows full kit (most kits don't include the rear rotors), sold those & kept the rear rotors & bought red on ebay. Believe i got all in for $1700 or $1800 & i did the install.

The reason that makes sense to me why they don't usually includes Rear rotors is b/c it's the same part # for 328 & 335 minus the rear rotors... the rear rotor part # is different (appears to be part # ending in 598 for 328 accommodates the ebrake).
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 04:16 PM   #37
Zangetsu
Enlisted Member
Rep

The standard grey calipers are 4 piston front and single piston rear. I think they're floating calipers too... With 340mm front rotors and 330mm rear rotors.

The M sport and M performance appear to be the same... 4 piston front, 2 piston rear, fixed. Only difference is color and the M performance comes with dimpled and slotted front rotors. Both are 370mm front and 345mm rear.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 04:46 PM   #38
.BMW.
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F11/F31

Quote:
The M sport and M performance appear to be the same... 4 piston front, 2 piston rear, fixed. Only difference is color and the M performance comes with dimpled and slotted front rotors. Both are 370mm front and 345mm rear.
Partly correct.

But for M Sport brakes there are different front rotor sizes depending on engine, 340 or 370mm.

That means that there is also different calipers for the different rotor sizes.

All info in this great thread: f30.bimmerpost.com
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 09:45 PM   #39
Zangetsu
Enlisted Member
Rep

That makes sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .BMW. View Post
Partly correct.

But for M Sport brakes there are different front rotor sizes depending on engine, 340 or 370mm.

That means that there is also different calipers for the different rotor sizes.

All info in this great thread: f30.bimmerpost.com
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 11:27 PM   #40
skaper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 N55 M-Sport

Love the brakes steelerfan, very nice upgrade. What tint level did you do? Also I wish mine was a garage queen. She already has 1000 miles and I have only had her less than a month!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 08:53 AM   #41
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaper View Post
Love the brakes steelerfan, very nice upgrade. What tint level did you do? Also I wish mine was a garage queen. She already has 1000 miles and I have only had her less than a month!

Thanks man.. 35% tint is what is legal here in NC so that is what i did all the way around. I have a clear tint on my windshield that somehow blocks 97% of the UV rays...

With my interior being black, it makes my tint look so much darker than it would on a tan interior car...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 08:57 AM   #42
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That makes sense...
I think that TunnerMotorsport does a great job explaining the little nuisances & the different variations on their website in a very short read (make sure you click to expand all the options)

Great explanation on all the variations & differences
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 09:47 PM   #43
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep

I took the car in for routine service this week... It was Oil change & brake pads... Dealer said, your brake pads didn't need changing... I laughed & said, yeah that is because I just installed M Performance brakes....

They coded my car to get rid of the messages & wiped out some of my coding mods..... They didn't affect all modules, some of my coding still remains... haven't had time to mess with it yet..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #44
dad2b
General 435i Msport
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
I took the car in for routine service this week... It was Oil change & brake pads... Dealer said, your brake pads didn't need changing... I laughed & said, yeah that is because I just installed M Performance brakes....

They coded my car to get rid of the messages & wiped out some of my coding mods..... They didn't affect all modules, some of my coding still remains... haven't had time to mess with it yet..
Looks really good....
I installed mine in yellow around a year ago, my only issue is the dust that the brake pads generated, any one knows about a performance quality brake pad with low dust?
Thanks
Appreciate 0