F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 335d tuning recommendations UK Southwest?
proTUNING Freaks

01-20-2021, 04:40 AM   #1
-------
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92 330d manual

335d tuning recommendations UK Southwest?

hi all, 1st post (feel free to point me in the direction if this has already been asked, tried searching)

im in the market for a fseries 335d x drive and am looking to mod it somewhat when bought. Im looking for somewhere that can do the following on either a supply+ fit or fit only. located near Bristol but happy to travel for the right place.

bit of an odd list, but Id like to get the following having looked around at best things to do:

ACS springs
forge or CSF intercooler
swirl flap delete
remap to include speed limit delete, EGR closure
Gearbox map to suit (with torque limit in 1st/2nd etc for 700nm)
ferodo ds2500 pads, braided lines
340i style twin exhaust +diffuser
symposer fit/code
folding towbar fit

I cant really be bothered to go to loads of places to get remap from one, suspension from another etc and want to make sure all bits can work together. anyone have any suggestions on where to go or bits to add/change to the list? thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 02:53 PM   #2
Animal7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ------- View Post
hi all, 1st post (feel free to point me in the direction if this has already been asked, tried searching)

im in the market for a fseries 335d x drive and am looking to mod it somewhat when bought. Im looking for somewhere that can do the following on either a supply+ fit or fit only. located near Bristol but happy to travel for the right place.

bit of an odd list, but Id like to get the following having looked around at best things to do:

ACS springs
forge or CSF intercooler
swirl flap delete
remap to include speed limit delete, EGR closure
Gearbox map to suit (with torque limit in 1st/2nd etc for 700nm)
ferodo ds2500 pads, braided lines
340i style twin exhaust +diffuser
symposer fit/code
folding towbar fit

I cant really be bothered to go to loads of places to get remap from one, suspension from another etc and want to make sure all bits can work together. anyone have any suggestions on where to go or bits to add/change to the list? thanks in advance
From a tuning perspective Avon Tuning are right on your doorstep. I chose them over DMS who were more local to me. Service and price were great.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 08:53 AM   #3
-------
Registered
Rep

i see youve got a 335d yourself, what has it been like since the map? what map did you go for with avon?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 03:27 PM   #4
Animal7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ------- View Post
i see youve got a 335d yourself, what has it been like since the map? what map did you go for with avon?
Just had the stage 1 but didn't get it dynoed at the time as I'd had to have waited a couple of months. Subsequently went to Surrey Rolling Road and showed 361.5 bhp which is pretty much exactly what I expected. It hasn't missed a beat in 18 months. Savagely quick if you want to drive it in that way but perfectly docile when you don't. Was very impressed with the guys there. Barons BMW managed to wipe the map at a service and Avon reinstalled for free.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 03:05 AM   #5
-------
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal7 View Post
Just had the stage 1 but didn't get it dynoed at the time as I'd had to have waited a couple of months. Subsequently went to Surrey Rolling Road and showed 361.5 bhp which is pretty much exactly what I expected. It hasn't missed a beat in 18 months. Savagely quick if you want to drive it in that way but perfectly docile when you don't. Was very impressed with the guys there. Barons BMW managed to wipe the map at a service and Avon reinstalled for free.
interesting, my e90 330d manual was mapped by them shortly after I got it. I asked for a dyno and didnt get one as they didnt have time on the day apparently. it hasnt ever felt much different to me, perhaps because i hadnt had it that long, perhaps because power delivery is very linear compared to my e46 330d but i havent ever thought "wow" when I floor it. That said, in a straight up pull, between a mapped e90 335d and mine, there was nothing in it other than the gearchanges between 60 and 120mph so I guess they have done a good job.

Im curious to hear from anyone who has more than ~360bhp as that means theyre likely over the gearbox torque limit and I want to know about longevity as this will be a daily for me and I want to see if I can push the box to 800nm ish and stay reliable.

I just dont wanna be going to 5 different places to get what I want done when I get an f series but avon are on the radar for map/box map/intercooler/swirlflaps. thanks for the replies.
Appreciate 0