F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > 2013 BMW 335i M-Sport Correction/Opti-Coat
Studio RSR

04-12-2014, 12:37 AM   #1
Anthony Onorato
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 Mustang GT

2013 BMW 335i M-Sport Correction/Opti-Coat

This vehicle was fairly straight-forward. Typical defects. The car is taken care of very well by the owner, but anyone in the Northeast knows how brutal this past winter was. After assessing, we decided to go with a two-step correction and finish off with Opti-Coat for permanent protection. This is the first time the owner ever had a car coated, and was a little hesitant, but I think he will be very happy with it over time.

I used me Rupes LHR15E for almost the whole vehicle, using Kevin Brown's method with M205 for my initial cutting on a meguiar's MF disc, followed by OPT Hyper Polish on a tangerine hydrotech to amp up the gloss, as well as prepare the surface to be coated. I followed up with an eraser wipedown to ensure any excess oils were removed, then I coated. The wheels were coated as well.

To start off, here's a little demo of Iron-X I used on the wheels.

Anyway, here is how the car sat as I arrived.

The damage didn't look TOO bad due to the flake in the paint, but the paint lacked depth and clarity due to this.

And the dreaded BMW brakedust

The Brinkmann Xenon light showed the cars true condition after the wash and decon

Much better

A little 50/50 action

You can see all the clarity that was brought back to the paint

Typical B-Pillar damage

Not PERFECT, but I refuse to chase too deep on these, they are soft and dangerous.

All finished

The owner was thrilled with the turn-around. Some deeper issues remained, but it wasn't in the budget, nor was it worth wetsanding these small issues.

Thanks for looking!

Anthony Onorato
Anthony's Auto Detailing
Clementon, NJ 08021
www.anthonysautodetailing.com
anthony@anthonysautodetailing.com
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
tskopak13
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Xdrive Sport Line

Looks awesome!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #3
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM M3C

I am looking to buy a Rupes 15. Would that be sufficient for the smaller hard to reach areas? Or would I need a 3 incher as well? Nice job btw
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
F30MSport
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M3 6MT

I've got to thank Anthony again, my car looks better than it did the day I got it! I fell back in love with the Black Sapphire Metallic.