F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Lewis vs. Max
GetBMWParts
View Poll Results: Who is the best driver?
Lewis Hamilton 54 84.38%
Max Verstappen 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-27-2020, 06:10 PM   #177
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
2100
Rep
1,967
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Wowie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
All of Lewis Hamilton's records in one place.

After Lewis Hamilton broke the record for most race wins at the Portuguese Grand Prix, Formula 1 gathered all of the Britonís records. Here they are in on place!
Lewis Hamiltonís Formula 1 Records

Most Race Wins: 92
Most Poles: 97
Most Podiums: 161
Most Consecutive Starts: 262
Most Races Led: 159
Most Races Led Start To Finish: 22
Most Front Row Starts: 156
Most Career Points: 3687
Most Points Finishes: 225
Most Points In A Season: 413
Most Points In A Debut Season: 109
Most Wins At Home Grand Prix: 7
Most Circuits Won At: 28
Most Different GPs Won: 27
Most Circuits Taking Pole: 29
Most Different GPs Taking Pole: 27
Most Different GPs With Podium Finish: 30
Consecutive Seasons With A Win Since Debut: 14
Consecutive Seasons With A Pole Position: 14
Consecutive Points Finishes: 45
Consecutive Podiums From Debut: 9
Consecutive Races Led: 18
Consecutive Race Finishes: 45
Longest Time Between First And Last World Titles: 4,018 days
Youngest World Championship Leader: 22 years, 126 days
Most Wins In A Calendar Month: 4
Well done MK!
This is such a comprehensive list of achievements; HAM's first year in F1 was 2007 and he lost the F1 WDC by one point....he is still making history today!
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 2
MKSixer26492.00
minn197532.50

      10-27-2020, 06:15 PM   #178
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
2100
Rep
1,967
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Thank you -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Well done MK!
This is such a great look back and it speaks to HAM's early days and the very solid foundation laid by his parents.

I love the karting scene and you're watching an absolute battle for P1 and out of freaking nowhere....HAM passes the lot of them on the outside and takes the lead....it has been said that HAM is the Senna of this generation....

Dominant cars happen.
Dominant teams happen.
Dominant drivers happen.

For those clamoring to emulate such success, they will either be better for the incredibly high bar that has been set or they will be worse for not finding the way to the top.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041

Last edited by racerbruce; 10-27-2020 at 08:42 PM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer26492.00

      10-27-2020, 07:15 PM   #179
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
26492
Rep
10,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Well done MK!
This is such a comprehensive list of achievements; HAM's first year in F1 was 2007 and he lost the F1 WDC by one point....he is still making history today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Well done MK!
This is such a great look back and it speaks to HAM's early days and the very solid foundation laid by his parents.

I love the karting scene and you're watching an absolute battle for PI and out of freaking nowhere....HAM passes the lot of them on the outside and takes the lead....it has been said that HAM is the Senna of this generation....

Dominant cars happen.
Dominant teams happen.
Dominant drivers happen.

For those clamoring to emulate such success, they will either be better for the incredibly high bar that has been set or they will be worse for not finding the way to the top.
Thanks, Bruce!

The list of records was on the AMGF1 site. So fantastic of them to do so!!

It's been quite a ride being a HAM fan. 2011 and 2012 were horrible. Especially 2012. The DNFs and pitstop failures were stroke-inducing. That is part of the reason I'm enjoying now so much. Both '11 and '12 were devastating.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 94 Wins. 97 Pole Positions. 53 Fastest Laps. Rain Master.
Remember, 2 Pole Positions, 9 Wins and 9 Fastest Laps after 5 years in a top team are mediocre results. You know who you are.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 08:02 PM   #180
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
26492
Rep
10,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
I saw this in one of the AutoSport forums and while I don't normally go to Reddit I took a chance. I downloaded this and checked for malware of all types.

It is a summation of all races that Lewis has won. Even Mercedes examined it and found it to be pretty amazing.

Good reading!!

http://redditf1.com/92_wins/92%20Wins.pdf
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 94 Wins. 97 Pole Positions. 53 Fastest Laps. Rain Master.
Remember, 2 Pole Positions, 9 Wins and 9 Fastest Laps after 5 years in a top team are mediocre results. You know who you are.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2020, 08:11 PM   #181
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
26492
Rep
10,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
A gracious response to Vettel from all those years ago. Vettel and Verstappen was similarly gracious to HAM.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 94 Wins. 97 Pole Positions. 53 Fastest Laps. Rain Master.
Remember, 2 Pole Positions, 9 Wins and 9 Fastest Laps after 5 years in a top team are mediocre results. You know who you are.
Appreciate 1
minn197532.50

      10-27-2020, 08:56 PM   #182
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
23845
Rep
13,766
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Good stuff!!

I try to like VER and I respect his talent but I grow cold when he opens his mouth as he did over this weekend. Sometimes the best response is silence.

Edit: I forgot to add that I think KMAG is a thug on the track.
Breaking !!! My friend finally we are teammates !
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer26492.00
minn197532.50

      10-27-2020, 09:49 PM   #183
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
26492
Rep
10,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Breaking !!! My friend finally we are teammates !
LOL! I saw this a few days ago!! This is hilarious. Maybe we can resurrect the Ferrari Cheating Engine!!!
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 94 Wins. 97 Pole Positions. 53 Fastest Laps. Rain Master.
Remember, 2 Pole Positions, 9 Wins and 9 Fastest Laps after 5 years in a top team are mediocre results. You know who you are.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2020, 10:52 PM   #184
Autobacs
Private First Class
Autobacs's Avatar
68
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW X5M
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: WA state

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
How can you even actually compare Max with Ham? Ham has been racing for more than a decade, with the last 7 years with the best or 2nd best team in F1. You can't compare two drivers who have different career lengths and with different teams and point out Ham has more championships to Max who never was on a team with the same caliber as the Mercedes. That is simply idiotic, as much as Hamilton is a great driver. If anything, I even think Ham would disagree on that logic used, as much as he won't disagree that he is the best. No self respecting champion will say that he is not the best. The question is, who will win if you put both of them in the same team. It will be a hell of a contest, in my opinion. If anyone says it will be cakewalk for Hamilton, well you are certainly smoking some crack or you are so far up Ham's ass.
__________________
2011 BMW X5M
2010 Nissan GTR Alpha 10
2016 Lexus GSF
Appreciate 2
MKSixer26492.00
Bartledoo1407.00

      10-27-2020, 11:04 PM   #185
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
26492
Rep
10,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
How can you even actually compare Max with Ham? Ham has been racing for more than a decade, with the last 7 years with the best or 2nd best team in F1. You can't compare two drivers who have different career lengths and with different teams and point out Ham has more championships to Max who never was on a team with the same caliber as the Mercedes. That is simply idiotic, as much as Hamilton is a great driver. If anything, I even think Ham would disagree on that logic used, as much as he won't disagree that he is the best. No self respecting champion will say that he is not the best. The question is, who will win if you put both of them in the same team. It will be a hell of a contest, in my opinion. If anyone says it will be cakewalk for Hamilton, well you are certainly smoking some crack or you are so far up Ham's ass.
This was put up not because HAM was being compared to Max but, rather, Max was being compared to HAM. It is patently ridiculous to compare the two. The only thing that can be said, legitimately, is that they are two of the 4 best drivers on the grid.

There are a couple of people here who say that Max will chew HAM up in equal cars. It's ridiculous in all ways.

On a more serious side, I believe that HAM would prevail over a season but it would be a 2016-esque season complete with anguish, discord, rancor and team disharmony. The experience that he has in mounting campaign challenges would carry the day until HAMs skill fell off a bit.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 94 Wins. 97 Pole Positions. 53 Fastest Laps. Rain Master.
Remember, 2 Pole Positions, 9 Wins and 9 Fastest Laps after 5 years in a top team are mediocre results. You know who you are.
Appreciate 1
minn197532.50

      10-27-2020, 11:39 PM   #186
Autobacs
Private First Class
Autobacs's Avatar
68
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW X5M
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: WA state

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
This was put up not because HAM was being compared to Max but, rather, Max was being compared to HAM. It is patently ridiculous to compare the two. The only thing that can be said, legitimately, is that they are two of the 4 best drivers on the grid.

There are a couple of people here who say that Max will chew HAM up in equal cars. It's ridiculous in all ways.

On a more serious side, I believe that HAM would prevail over a season but it would be a 2016-esque season complete with anguish, discord, rancor and team disharmony. The experience that he has in mounting campaign challenges would carry the day until HAMs skill fell off a bit.
Ok, that's much better. I will say this, I do not think either of them will chew up the other. It will be close to very close, I certainly can see the possibility of Max being able to beat Ham. Nico did it ONCE and I certainly think Max is superior to Nico in all aspects.

Now what I want to see is Mercedes ditching Bottas and Max breaking off his contract from Red Bull and Mercedes picking up Max. A pipe dream and unlikely to happen BUT the only way to resolve this question.
__________________
2011 BMW X5M
2010 Nissan GTR Alpha 10
2016 Lexus GSF
Appreciate 3
      10-28-2020, 02:25 AM   #187
M3_WC
Brigadier General
917
Rep
3,543
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Ham is better. Was a long time fan, but no longer.

Max is great for the sport, Red Bull needs to give him better equipment.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2020, 03:40 AM   #188
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
767
Rep
3,701
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
You can't compare two drivers who have different career lengths and with different teams
But you can compare Hamilton to Alonso and Max against Ricciardo.
The very best drivers always stand out when they enter F1...but Verstappen came out second best to Ricciardo after 40 odd races.
Appreciate 2
minn197532.50
fanatic1508.50

      10-28-2020, 06:18 AM   #189
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
6938
Rep
5,301
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
There is so much glitter and stardust being heaped on Hamilton from one person in particular when it's plainly obvious that the cars are not equal, so lets keep it basic.
All that VER asked for was a session where they can swap their current cars,the performance can be measured and look at the reaction, makes dodgeball look amateurish.
Run for the bomb shelters.

Last edited by M5theonlyone; 10-28-2020 at 06:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2020, 06:45 AM   #190
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
23845
Rep
13,766
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
LOL! I saw this a few days ago!! This is hilarious. Maybe we can resurrect the Ferrari Cheating Engine!!!
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer26492.00

      10-28-2020, 06:57 AM   #191
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
23845
Rep
13,766
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
There is so much glitter and stardust being heaped on Hamilton from one person in particular when it's plainly obvious that the cars are not equal, so lets keep it basic.
All that VER asked for was a session where they can swap their current cars,the performance can be measured and look at the reaction, makes dodgeball look amateurish.
Run for the bomb shelters.
My friend . I couldn't agree more !

HAM is the GOAT . "IF" he is the best ,he should agree with the challenge ASAP !
Anyway , MAX would do it in a heartbeat !

MAX said : Would love to play with DAS as well...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2020, 07:09 AM   #192
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
6938
Rep
5,301
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
My friend . I couldn't agree more !

HAM is the GOAT . "IF" he is the best ,he should agree with the challenge ASAP !
Anyway , MAX would do it in a heartbeat !

MAX said : Would love to play with DAS as well...
Teams have voted in that maximum salary is 25M euro a year from '23.
Guess who has delayed signing his contact my friend.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2020, 07:17 AM   #193
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
23845
Rep
13,766
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Teams have voted in that maximum salary is 25M euro a year from '23.
Guess who has delayed signing his contact my friend.
HAM is waiting to sign till the end of the season .
First he will take the worldchamp title , then he will speak regarding his new Merc contract !
Smart move if you ask me !
Anyway the challenge remains open...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer26492.00
minn197532.50

      10-28-2020, 07:30 AM   #194
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
6938
Rep
5,301
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
HAM is waiting to sign till the end of the season .
First he will take the worldchamp title , then he will speak regarding his new Merc contract !
Smart move if you ask me !
Anyway the challenge remains open...
Imagine how much Merc would save if they signed Russell instead of Hami,this guy would drive like a bat out of hell but obviously Merc/Wolff have pots of money.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2020, 10:12 AM   #195
Autobacs
Private First Class
Autobacs's Avatar
68
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW X5M
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: WA state

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
But you can compare Hamilton to Alonso and Max against Ricciardo.
The very best drivers always stand out when they enter F1...but Verstappen came out second best to Ricciardo after 40 odd races.
Here is the same logic you used between Hamilton and Button when they were at McLaren:

Championship

Overall points: Hamilton 657 / Button 672

Seasons finished higher in standings: Hamilton 2 / Button 1

Highest championship placing: Hamilton 4th (2010, 2012) / Button 2nd (2011)
__________________
2011 BMW X5M
2010 Nissan GTR Alpha 10
2016 Lexus GSF
Appreciate 3
      10-28-2020, 10:20 AM   #196
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
1407
Rep
1,917
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
2021 Tesla Model Y  [0.00]
2003 VW Eurovan  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
But you can compare Hamilton to Alonso and Max against Ricciardo.
The very best drivers always stand out when they enter F1...but Verstappen came out second best to Ricciardo after 40 odd races.
Ricciardo is so underrated. I don't understand why he only comes up in these conversations as a way to tear down Max, rather than to stand on his own.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper in need of a diet
Appreciate 5
      10-28-2020, 12:12 PM   #197
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
767
Rep
3,701
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Ricciardo is so underrated. I don't understand why he only comes up in these conversations as a way to tear down Max, rather than to stand on his own.
I like Ricciardo too...he certainly has the ability to win DWCs but as always he needs the car.
Maybe next year in the Mac with a Mercedes engine he can really shine.
Appreciate 1
minn197532.50

      10-28-2020, 12:20 PM   #198
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
767
Rep
3,701
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
Here is the same logic you used between Hamilton and Button when they were at McLaren:

Championship

Overall points: Hamilton 657 / Button 672

Seasons finished higher in standings: Hamilton 2 / Button 1

Highest championship placing: Hamilton 4th (2010, 2012) / Button 2nd (2011)
Thats a fair point...it looks like Button showed well and why shouldn't he...he was a quality driver. The full stats paint a slightly different picture but nevertheless Button did really well against such a strong team mate.

Hamilton v Button stats

Qualifying

Faster qualifying time: Hamilton 44 / Button 14
Poles: Hamilton 9 / Button 1
Front rows: Hamilton: 23 / Button 9

Races

Wins: Hamilton 10 / Button 8
Podiums: Hamilton 22 / Button 25
Points finishes: Hamilton 45 / Button 47

DNFs: Hamilton 13 / Button 8

Best race result (inc DNFs): Hamilton 32 / Button 26
Ahead in two-car finish: Hamilton 24 / Button 13

Championship

Overall points: Hamilton 657 / Button 672
Seasons finished higher in standings: Hamilton 2 / Button 1
Highest championship placing: Hamilton 4th (2010, 2012) / Button 2nd (2011)

The extra 5 DNFs for Hamilton certainly didn't help his points tally.
Appreciate 3
jkoral437.50
MKSixer26492.00
minn197532.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST