F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Apple CarPlay Retrofit - Done! (Update:16/11/18...now also with full screen function)
proTUNING Freaks

06-18-2020, 04:41 PM   #441
scoss
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW - F31 - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlRex View Post
Ok that’s great thanks I shall wait and see if they have any promotions later in the year.
For what it’s worth i had Simon from Bavarian coding drive to me (small fee) and he upgraded my ID5 to 6 and installed a wi-Fi antenna and installed car play.
Didn’t take him too long at all. I was on the fence as I really like the BMW interface. However I’d never go back to it since having CP.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 02:51 PM   #442
evo828
Private
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Hi, any chance of having apple car play on nbtevo id4 ? I have nbtevo_e currently.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 03:00 PM   #443
scoss
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW - F31 - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo828 View Post
Hi, any chance of having apple car play on nbtevo id4 ? I have nbtevo_e currently.
I’m pretty sure you need ID5 as a minimum to have CarPlay. It is possible however.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 04:43 PM   #444
evo828
Private
Slovakia
Rep

Thank you. I do not want to replace hardware (id5 or 6) so then no carplay for me
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 05:03 AM   #445
ludalex
Rep
Drives: 2014 F20 118d

I will probably soon have an 09/2018 F32 with ID6 and no EBT or wireless charger.. so I guess no option to buy CarPlay from ConnectedDrive.

I also want to upgrade the car to the latest firmware, that means losing USB activation but I already have an OBD cable I used before for my F20 with ESYS so I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty.

I understand that the only and safest option is to buy an FSC code from someone, then proceed to install it and activate CarPlay, fullscreen and perhaps I would code EBT too. Before doing all that I should backup the FSC codes (?) or the entire snapshot of the FA/VO so I can restore it before taking it to the dealership to prevent HU tampering detection.

Who can help me with this? Obviously for a fair price, but it must meets all of the requirements above and has to be extra safe.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 04:31 AM   #446
f31shadow_lincs
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Touring (F31)

Garage List
One thing i have always wondered about wireless carplay - As i have Connected+, Remote Services etc. would it interfere with my range, fuel level etc being written back to the app?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 05:39 AM   #447
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludalex View Post
I will probably soon have an 09/2018 F32 with ID6 and no EBT or wireless charger.. so I guess no option to buy CarPlay from ConnectedDrive.

I also want to upgrade the car to the latest firmware, that means losing USB activation but I already have an OBD cable I used before for my F20 with ESYS so I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty.

I understand that the only and safest option is to buy an FSC code from someone, then proceed to install it and activate CarPlay, fullscreen and perhaps I would code EBT too. Before doing all that I should backup the FSC codes (?) or the entire snapshot of the FA/VO so I can restore it before taking it to the dealership to prevent HU tampering detection.

Who can help me with this? Obviously for a fair price, but it must meets all of the requirements above and has to be extra safe.
You can only back up the factory FSC when the USB Carplay is installed, if your activation didn't do that then they are gone.

If you want OEM FSC then you need to clear the patched FSC first, then update the firmware and inject OEM FSC's using esys.

Once that is done then it can be activated again either with a genuine Carplay FSC or a set of patched FSC codes that do back up your OEM codes.

If you update to firmware 18-07 then you can still use your USB activation but you would want to avoid softeware updates at the dealer still.

Speak to Sam at GA Coding - they are good guys and know the score.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 07:48 AM   #448
ludalex
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
You can only back up the factory FSC when the USB Carplay is installed, if your activation didn't do that then they are gone.

If you want OEM FSC then you need to clear the patched FSC first, then update the firmware and inject OEM FSC's using esys.

Once that is done then it can be activated again either with a genuine Carplay FSC or a set of patched FSC codes that do back up your OEM codes.

If you update to firmware 18-07 then you can still use your USB activation but you would want to avoid softeware updates at the dealer still.

Speak to Sam at GA Coding - they are good guys and know the score.
Thanks for the information. I emailed them from the contact form at http://gacoding.co.uk, still no answer. Do happen to have his direct contact?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 09:34 AM   #449
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the information. I emailed them from the contact form at http://gacoding.co.uk, still no answer. Do happen to have his direct contact?
Try this number from Google:

07752 165440
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 05:45 AM   #450
ludalex
Rep

Quote:
Try this number from Google:

07752 165440
No luck. Do you have his email?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 05:54 AM   #451
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
No luck. Do you have his email?
gacoding@gmail.com

www.gacoding.co.uk

You could try contacting Sam Miah on facebook directly
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2020, 09:06 AM   #452
dully92
Registered
Rep
Drives: 440i MPPSK

Sorry for hijacking but just wanted some advice please!

I have a F32 with NBTEVO_J firmware. I installed the Wifi Antenna myself and installed CarPlay via the USB from an eBay seller.

Went to have MPPSK fitted, and when they tried to install the power flash, they encountered an error with the head unit which said that the system has been tampered with. BMW advised it would cost £285 for a code to ensure that the HU isn't bricked when they install the power upgrade. I havent had them install it yet and said I would come back after getting this sorted first.

Is there anyway to uninstall the CarPlay and revert the HU software to factory so that I can avoid paying £285?

Any advice much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 10:04 AM   #453
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dully92 View Post
Sorry for hijacking but just wanted some advice please!

I have a F32 with NBTEVO_J firmware. I installed the Wifi Antenna myself and installed CarPlay via the USB from an eBay seller.

Went to have MPPSK fitted, and when they tried to install the power flash, they encountered an error with the head unit which said that the system has been tampered with. BMW advised it would cost £285 for a code to ensure that the HU isn't bricked when they install the power upgrade. I havent had them install it yet and said I would come back after getting this sorted first.

Is there anyway to uninstall the CarPlay and revert the HU software to factory so that I can avoid paying £285?

Any advice much appreciated!
yes, you need a .bin file to clear the FSC codes in your headunit, then they can flash the car and load the OEM FSC's back on.

Your USB Carplay won't work again, it will have to be installed via enet

Last edited by Wibbles; 07-12-2020 at 08:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 09:52 AM   #454
Boswelbr
Rep
Drives: F31

I have a head unit with NBTevo_G. Is it possible to add iDrive to this unit?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 04:22 AM   #455
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boswelbr View Post
I have a head unit with NBTevo_G. Is it possible to add iDrive to this unit?
It is already an iDrive - do you mean Carplay?

only if the menu has tiles - if so then you would have to update the firmware on that unit as the earliest version that allows carplay is NBTevo_H
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 08:35 AM   #456
Boswelbr
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
It is already an iDrive - do you mean Carplay?

only if the menu has tiles - if so then you would have to update the firmware on that unit as the earliest version that allows carplay is NBTevo_H
Yes, I meant CarPlay *facepalm*. It looks like I can have the firmware updated remotely if I have a battery maintainer. Is this the best route?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 03:24 PM   #457
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boswelbr View Post
Yes, I meant CarPlay *facepalm*. It looks like I can have the firmware updated remotely if I have a battery maintainer. Is this the best route?
Just do it yourself.

Guide:
https://mega.nz/file/sMYDkA6C#tau7oT...Nv9WhRUp0PJVic

PSDZDATA:
https://mega.nz/file/9YRi0QqB#J8Xm_C...a5mtwNlnJ49x04
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 05:52 AM   #458
dully92
Registered
Rep

Quote:
yes, you need a .bin file to clear the FSC codes in your headunit, then they can flash the car and load the OEM FSC's back on.

Your USB Carplay won't work again, it will have to be installed via enet
Thanks for getting back to me Wibbles

How can I go about doing this? Do you know anyone that offers this service?

When you say "then they can flash the car and load OEM FSCs" do you mean BMW, or a private coder?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #459
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me Wibbles

How can I go about doing this? Do you know anyone that offers this service?

When you say "then they can flash the car and load OEM FSCs" do you mean BMW, or a private coder?

Many thanks
I can give you the file, just need your VIN - no charge.

The dealer can flash the car and load the OEM certs or a private coder, your choice.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 02:33 PM   #460
dully92
Registered
Rep

Quote:
I can give you the file, just need your VIN - no charge.

The dealer can flash the car and load the OEM certs or a private coder, your choice.
Thanks thats very kind! Does this get installed through the USB port?

Is loading the OEM certs what the dealer is charging £285 for? Is this something you're able to help with?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 03:17 PM   #461
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Thanks thats very kind! Does this get installed through the USB port?

Is loading the OEM certs what the dealer is charging £285 for? Is this something you're able to help with?
Yes, via USB - it just wipes the patched FSC you have installed so that whent he dealer flashes your car, they can inject the OEM certs which is causing an issue - I don't have access to the FSC repair packs but you can buy them online for around £20.

I don't know what they are charging £285 for, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 03:56 AM   #462
evo828
Private
Slovakia
Rep

Backup of FSC codes

I am planning to do an update of NBTEvo_E software (id 4 version) to the latest one through e-sys. Am I going to lose the FSC code that Ive purchased from someone on the web when I was upgrading the nav map? Any way how to backup to be able to use the latest map after update?
Appreciate 0