F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > 4 Series: Passenger Restraint System Malfunction after Cabin air filter change
proTUNING Freaks

02-21-2020, 09:07 PM   #1
Dalo1234
Rep
Drives: 435i

Question 4 Series: Passenger Restraint System Malfunction after Cabin air filter change

Hi Guys,

I had a question I was wondering if someone could answer? So I changed my cabin air-filter today and I got the error "Passenger Restraint System Malfunction."

So the details and where it probably went wrong: So with the car on (engine wasn't on, but radio was on) I disassembled the bottom assembly to access the cabin air-filter I unplugged the cable for the floor light, then the left cable, then I unplugged the airbag connector and this is where I heard the alarm go off and say "Passenger Restraint System Malfunction" I finished putting in the filter and re-connected everything and I still have the alarm showing up.

So then I checked the wires under the passenger seat and they looked good, I then disconnected the battery and checked all the airbag fuses and they looked good also.

So my question is does the car register an error permanently once it pops up like that ? Or can I take it to a shop to clear it ? Or did I fuckup the Airbag module you guys think?

*The weird thing is that the airbag system seems to be attached to the bottom assembly (not like it is in the instructions at the link below)

Car:
2014 BMW 435i Coupe M sport

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ter/1VnYsiXkj2
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 09:59 PM   #2
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

You can get it reset on you can do it yourself if you have the tool to do it. I have the same issue and will be resetting it as soon as the tool gets here. I replaced my seats and the passenger restraint came on because I drove with out the passenger seat for awhile.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 10:34 PM   #3
Dalo1234
Rep
Drives: 435i

Oh Nice good to know, I will go to my local shop I usually go to then, hopefully they can fix it.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

They can fix it, but chances are they'll charge you. Now you know that you never unplug anything other than a lamp without first disconnecting the battery negative terminal.
Appreciate 0