F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Road bike advice
GetBMWParts

Today, 02:52 PM   #793
Ennoch
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1664 View Post
If you're going clipless various options I guess. As mentioned above Shimano SPD is a way to go as its easier to walk around although not a dedicated road show per se (I have all four bikes shod with Shimano SPD M520's..including two road bikes. ).. loads of roadies use them(not the weight weenies )
After pulling the road bike out for the first time in four years during lockdown I was still using the old Shimano PDM747's on it which had been my turbo trainer pedals - I found that the smaller pedals were putting pressure on the ball of my foot, although I'll concede that may have been down to the age of the shoes (circa 2000 Nike's!) too. Anyway, I put a spare set of Crank Bros Mallet DH pedals on there with a decent platform to alleviate the foot pain - so don't any of you lot complain about the weight of the M520's, I just about doubled the weight of the bike with the Mallets!!
Appreciate 2
JR1664286.00
Rbrown1909.00

Today, 03:11 PM   #794
JR1664
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoch View Post
After pulling the road bike out for the first time in four years during lockdown I was still using the old Shimano PDM747's on it which had been my turbo trainer pedals - I found that the smaller pedals were putting pressure on the ball of my foot, although I'll concede that may have been down to the age of the shoes (circa 2000 Nike's!) too. Anyway, I put a spare set of Crank Bros Mallet DH pedals on there with a decent platform to alleviate the foot pain - so don't any of you lot complain about the weight of the M520's, I just about doubled the weight of the bike with the Mallets!!
Ha.. brilliant ...biggest weight weenie of the lot here
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Rbrown1909.00
Ennoch26.00

Today, 05:02 PM   #795
Ennoch
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1664 View Post
Ha.. brilliant ...biggest weight weenie of the lot here
Given the number of bin bags there I'm assuming it isn't so much washing you've got hanging up there and more a wet trip?!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:24 PM   #796
JR1664
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoch View Post
Given the number of bin bags there I'm assuming it isn't so much washing you've got hanging up there and more a wet trip?!
Indeedy. Spain back to the UK having just done a rain sodden Pyrenees... no matter how hard you try, it all gets damp and minging. The sacks are rubble sacks, linings for the panniers. Easier to pull out and lob in the tent in a hurry.
Appreciate 0