F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Next...
proTUNING Freaks

10-19-2020, 01:36 PM   #67
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
At spending over 60k on a car I would certainly want to have driven one first. Can’t you try one even in a local Audi garage to make sure it’s for you. Could be hard to exit early on a PCP if you don’t like it for any reason.

I have driven plenty of cars that on paper I should have loved but for various reasons didn’t like them when I drove them.
No, driven an S4, had an SQ5, it will be fine, and I wont be getting out early under any circumstances.... unless it gets nicked!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 02:33 AM   #68
Sennen
Colonel
Rep
Drives: UP, Alpine & Caterham

I cant believe you havent driven one, I wouldnt dream of splashing 70k without having the car for at least a few days

Did you have an extended test drive in the M5? I had one for nigh on a week, glad I did because like you I think it would have soon become a car I would get bored with.

I hope you keep the RS4 for a decent amount of time otherwise it will end up being another expensive experience
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18769.50
      10-20-2020, 03:46 AM   #69
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennen View Post
I cant believe you havent driven one, I wouldnt dream of splashing 70k without having the car for at least a few days

Did you have an extended test drive in the M5? I had one for nigh on a week, glad I did because like you I think it would have soon become a car I would get bored with.

I hope you keep the RS4 for a decent amount of time otherwise it will end up being another expensive experience
Nope - driven both petrol and diesel S4s, comfortable it will be what I want.

I'll have this one till VT point unless the world dictates otherwise...
Appreciate 1
Sennen1733.50
      10-20-2020, 04:06 AM   #70
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Quote:

It's spelt w-h-i-m-s not w-o-r-l-d

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18769.50
      10-20-2020, 04:17 AM   #71
Sennen
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Fancy a £100 bet for the charity of your choice that it has gone by Jan 2023?
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18769.50
      10-20-2020, 04:52 AM   #72
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Very nice, Ian

There's something very special about the RS4 and RS6, I would love one. And I say that as no lover of hearses or, indeed, Audis. The idea of the RS3/5/7, for instance, leaves me utterly cold. But a RS4 on the drive, yummy!
Thanks MashinBenzin - back in the 90s a guy I was doing my Masters with had the original fast Audi estate and I think since then I wanted one. I am not sure I really need it or will use half of the performance but its another box ticked and there is a fighting chance I might keep this one due to the shape and practicality - if it doesnt get nicked! Must buy GAP insurance....
Strongly recommend the GAP insurance! Do you have a garage? If so I'd recommend garaging it as much as possible so it's not visible on your drive. A good CCTV system with lighting linked to motion sensors, if practical a security post embedded into concrete on your driveway and disc lock.

The RS models are highly sought after by certain members of the community who don't necessarily pay for what they take. For some reason they don't seem to have cottoned on that X Drive means all wheel drive and they still prefer the Audi S and RS models.

It's a lovely car and it would be a shame for it to last be seen disappearing with a cash dispenser hanging out the boot, or the boot full of cigarettes and alcohol!
Appreciate 2
isleaiw18769.50
      10-20-2020, 05:05 AM   #73
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Quote:

Be careful what you offer, depending on the size of his deposit he could have reached his VT point by then anyway!
Appreciate 2
isleaiw18769.50
Sennen1733.50
      10-20-2020, 05:22 AM   #74
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Yes. Subject to selling it for financial reasons as the world is mad and I dont want to be giving money away if I havent got any.

British Heart Foundation...
Appreciate 2
Sennen1733.50
      10-20-2020, 05:23 AM   #75
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Be careful what you offer, depending on the size of his deposit he could have reached his VT point by then anyway!
I'd say I will reach it in Nov 23 ish unless I pay it down earlier...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 05:29 AM   #76
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
Strongly recommend the GAP insurance! Do you have a garage? If so I'd recommend garaging it as much as possible so it's not visible on your drive. A good CCTV system with lighting linked to motion sensors, if practical a security post embedded into concrete on your driveway and disc lock.

The RS models are highly sought after by certain members of the community who don't necessarily pay for what they take. For some reason they don't seem to have cottoned on that X Drive means all wheel drive and they still prefer the Audi S and RS models.

It's a lovely car and it would be a shame for it to last be seen disappearing with a cash dispenser hanging out the boot, or the boot full of cigarettes and alcohol!
It will have GAP. And we have CCTV and its parked under a 24 hour light. And we have a garage but wont be able to fit it in just yet....

There will be a RRS, Q7, GLE, to choose from too in same cul de sac.

I am slightly concerned about it being nickd but it is just a car and not going to stress over it. Dog will make a noise if anyone tries to get in and wake a screaming baby... good luck with getting the keys then!

But thanks for the heads up - and given its chav white with black wheels it might attract that type!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 05:31 AM   #77
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
It's spelt w-h-i-m-s not w-o-r-l-d
I will be keeping this one, funds needed for house change in Dec 2023... got in now for a last blast!
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2020, 05:46 AM   #78
Sennen
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It will have GAP. And we have CCTV and its parked under a 24 hour light. And we have a garage but wont be able to fit it in just yet....

There will be a RRS, Q7, GLE, to choose from too in same cul de sac.

I am slightly concerned about it being nickd but it is just a car and not going to stress over it. Dog will make a noise if anyone tries to get in and wake a screaming baby... good luck with getting the keys then!

But thanks for the heads up - and given its chav white with black wheels it might attract that type!
You cant live your life worrying about what might happen, just enjoy it.

BHF sounds good to me, i will diary for the 1st January 2023

If it gets nicked all bets off
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18769.50
      10-20-2020, 07:53 AM   #79
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

If it gets nicked then I get the GAP payout and who knows what I would buy then....
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2020, 08:20 AM   #80
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Quote:

If it gets nicked then I get the GAP payout and who knows what I would buy then....
M5?

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
mcoops1757.00
      10-20-2020, 08:30 AM   #81
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
M5?
No room for the dog, too big for me on my own, too much power to use in the real world... its a great car but I really dont crave another, and that is down to me and not the car....

Alpina B3 S? another RS4? or maybe just a Golf GTi and bank the cash....
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 09:22 AM   #82
JNW1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
No room for the dog, too big for me on my own, too much power to use in the real world... its a great car but I really dont crave another, and that is down to me and not the car....

Alpina B3 S? another RS4? or maybe just a Golf GTi and bank the cash....
Given you haven't even got the RS4 yet it seems a tad premature to start speculating what you might replace it with in the (hopefully unlikely) event it gets stolen!!!
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18769.50
      10-20-2020, 09:27 AM   #83
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Given you haven't even got the RS4 yet it seems a tad premature to start speculating what you might replace it with in the (hopefully unlikely) event it gets stolen!!!
you mean you havent started thinking about what next yet...? come on, its compulsory on here to be planning two cars ahead.....

Collection Monday 2nd November...
Appreciate 2
JNW13122.00
      10-20-2020, 09:55 AM   #84
JNW1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
you mean you havent started thinking about what next yet...? come on, its compulsory on here to be planning two cars ahead.....

Collection Monday 2nd November...
Mine was bought as a keeper and that's still the intention! I'm very pleased with it and barring unforeseen issues I'll be looking to keep it for at least 5 years and quite possibly until the G21 replacement comes out; who knows what new cars will be like by then but somehow I doubt a 6-pot petrol will feature in the engine line-up!

This does not of course rule out the prospect of getting a fun car for occasional use to supplement the daily driver - there's still a Lotus itch I need to scratch but probably not for another year or two!
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18769.50
      10-20-2020, 04:23 PM   #85
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Mine was bought as a keeper and that's still the intention! I'm very pleased with it and barring unforeseen issues I'll be looking to keep it for at least 5 years and quite possibly until the G21 replacement comes out; who knows what new cars will be like by then but somehow I doubt a 6-pot petrol will feature in the engine line-up!

This does not of course rule out the prospect of getting a fun car for occasional use to supplement the daily driver - there's still a Lotus itch I need to scratch but probably not for another year or two!
see Terry's new car thread, they are appreciating assets so you need to get in now.....
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      10-20-2020, 05:37 PM   #86
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscopete822 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Looks pretty cool.

Over 10 meters of car there and they're hanging off the end of your drive.....time to move.
that is what I did - hence why only few months in UK now

There is a green Huracan parked behind that white Tiguan , will try to find a proper pic

Nothing is overhanging on this driveway lol

Attachment 2441395
that is a polish home mate. I have a home exactly like that built around 1990 in Poland (inherited via inlaws,) and looks just like that. Hope you don't have a 'kuna' in the attic too
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2020, 05:50 PM   #87
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
My only experience with an an rs4 is when I saw one drive by in the neighbourhood 2 days ago(quiet residential area). Safe to say that even the elderly folks on the pavement with their hearing impairments seemed to wince and reach for their ears(haven't seen this with the m5 which an elderly neighbour owns) could be a good or a bad thing...or the rs4 driver in question could just have been a attention seeking young lad
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 02:13 AM   #88
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
My only experience with an an rs4 is when I saw one drive by in the neighbourhood 2 days ago(quiet residential area). Safe to say that even the elderly folks on the pavement with their hearing impairments seemed to wince and reach for their ears(haven't seen this with the m5 which an elderly neighbour owns) could be a good or a bad thing...or the rs4 driver in question could just have been a attention seeking young lad
it has a switchable exhaust and as with the M5 mine will be in quiet mode when in built up areas so as not to attract attention.... one of the plus points to me is they can fly under the radar and are too quiet according to many owners!
Appreciate 0