F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Parking Lamp Malfunction warning, but lights working
ARMA SPEED

09-19-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
cray101
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Parking Lamp Malfunction warning, but lights working

Not sure if it was coincidence or what, but a few weeks back I swapped my halogen DRLs with LEDs, and coded out the voltage monitoring checks.

About a week later I get the "Parking lamp malfunction" warning on the dash, noticed that one of them was actually out, so I picked up a set of LED parking lights from ebay, installed without an issue, but I'm still getting the malfunction warning. I use Carly for BMW for coding, as far as I can tell there is no option to disable voltage monitoring for the parking lights similar to the options available for DRL/Hi&low beams. I haven't checked to see if I can clear that via the Carly app diagnostics yet. I plan on reinstalling them for good measure later tonight. Just thought I would check here before doing so in case there is something I missed?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 09:46 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Each bulb location has its own hot/cold check and LED function coding, so if Carly doesn't show one for the parking lights it could be a feature they've overlooked.
Appreciate 1
cray10136.00
      09-20-2018, 04:46 PM   #3
cray101
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
Each bulb location has its own hot/cold check and LED function coding, so if Carly doesn't show one for the parking lights it could be a feature they've overlooked.
Interesting. Seems odd that they wouldnt include that in their coding options. I didnt get a chance to look last night, I'll have to double check. Appreciate the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

I don't see it as being all that odd. I've never even thought about going LED with the parking lights, but more pertinent is that I can't find a code entry for them in either the ESys cheat sheets or the coding database. It probably exists, but not finding it in any of these sources indicates that no one has bothered to search it out. If one were to search all of the ESys CAFD entries in the FEM for warm and cold checks they'd probably find it. With Carly you don't have that option.
Appreciate 0