F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > BMW Remote & Connected Apps in Canada HELP
ARMA SPEED

09-04-2018, 10:53 PM   #133
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doruk View Post
Hello,

same with some other people. i registered for the new site. tried to add my car. got the code however, there was an error adding the car on the website. tries removing the ar to add it again with no luck ...
Furthermore,

i cannot login to bmw remote app with my credidentials from the www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca site. any idea how i can login to this?

thank you
Try to use all CAPS for at least the username. Doesn't state that anywhere but was told by BMW ages ago and it works.
      09-05-2018, 11:14 AM   #134
Doruk
Rep
Drives: 2013 528XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWtoBMW View Post
Try to use all CAPS for at least the username. Doesn't state that anywhere but was told by BMW ages ago and it works.
Hello, thank you for the info. i think that works for the login since now instead of wrong password it says there is no vehicle in this user etc.

every time i login to website it tries to register my car unsuccessfully. i hit remove vehicle but its back every time trying to register again and again with every login
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 09:59 PM   #135
Doruk
Rep

Still stuck at registering the car. everytime i login, it tries to register my car and gives an error. i try sending the code again with no luck.

i try to remove the car and add again but gives error trying to add the car.

If i remove the car , log out and login, it tries to register the car again and fails again.

The website is stuck in a loop.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #136
X3_n_Golf
Rep
Drives: 328d Black Sapphire 2014

After an email to BMW Canada, it finally works for me.
Send to car with the remote app works.
Yes!!!
Can't wait for the new version of the app...
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #137
GC4UrMom
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3_n_Golf View Post
Yes!!!
I want to understand why works for some but not others. I have my new account created and able to add my car. I am able to login using the new credentials both from car and remote app but nothing send to car works. I have couple of questions

(1) are using the U.S version of the app or just the old remote app?

(2) do you log on to your car using the new credentials? They ask not to but regardless I can't get to work.

(3) did you tried the lock car function and it works?

(4) you log on to the app using the newly created credentials?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 09:13 PM   #138
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC4UrMom View Post
I want to understand why works for some but not others. I have my new account created and able to add my car. I am able to login using the new credentials both from car and remote app but nothing send to car works. I have couple of questions

(1) are using the U.S version of the app or just the old remote app?

(2) do you log on to your car using the new credentials? They ask not to but regardless I can't get to work.

(3) did you tried the lock car function and it works?

(4) you log on to the app using the newly created credentials?

Thanks.
I'm using the remote app and it works as advertised.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #139
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Yes!!!
Patiently awaiting this long overdue app. I almost don't believe it
      09-11-2018, 11:40 PM   #140
Doruk
Rep

Quote:
Yes!!!
Could you please give us details about the email and where you sent it etc?
thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 08:45 PM   #141
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Hello Everyone,

I know that there are still some people who are struggling to get their vehicle registered. There are some issues that result in the security code not being sent. Also we know about an issue that causes customers who upgraded to ConnectedDrive professional prior to August 2018 to revert back to essential services.

The good news is we can manually fix these issues until a permanent fix can be deployed. For anyone with an issue, please DM me and provide your VIN and email that you used to create your account with. Also please give me a brief description of the error or issue. I will do my best to get the issues resolved as well as these details help identify why some vehicles are impacted where others are not.

I will try and support everyone and appreciate your patience. My hope is that the new functionality and features that we bring to the Canadian market, are worth these growing pains.
Appreciate 3
      09-13-2018, 12:26 AM   #142
munna
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3

canadian33 , can you comment on whether canada will be getting the remote 3d view feature?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 07:15 AM   #143
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna View Post
canadian33 , can you comment on whether canada will be getting the remote 3d view feature?
Remote 3D view requires the new Connected App. So when we get the app in October, any vehicle that is capable of remote 3D view will work.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 07:16 AM   #144
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Also, the we portal is back up and running.
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #145
munna
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
Remote 3D view requires the new Connected App. So when we get the app in October, any vehicle that is capable of remote 3D view will work.
awesome. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 07:09 PM   #146
Milkman670
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i F31 MSport II

Just re registered on the portal and was able to do everything but the security code. Remote app is working including send to car even with the security code error?? go figure. Now if only I could only remote start it to melt the snow off.
      09-14-2018, 11:30 PM   #147
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I know that there are still some people who are struggling to get their vehicle registered. There are some issues that result in the security code not being sent. Also we know about an issue that causes customers who upgraded to ConnectedDrive professional prior to August 2018 to revert back to essential services.

The good news is we can manually fix these issues until a permanent fix can be deployed. For anyone with an issue, please DM me and provide your VIN and email that you used to create your account with. Also please give me a brief description of the error or issue. I will do my best to get the issues resolved as well as these details help identify why some vehicles are impacted where others are not.

I will try and support everyone and appreciate your patience. My hope is that the new functionality and features that we bring to the Canadian market, are worth these growing pains.
Thanks again for sticking with this. I'm sure I'm not alone appreciating your efforts.
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2018, 04:27 PM   #148
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 - Ultimate Pkg- Canada

BMW Connected App in Canada

Quote:
Can't wait to download this new "BMW Connected App". Hope we get it in October (2018) as promised by various officials from BMW.

Is it going to be available for ios and Android?

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 07:49 PM   #149
Hybrid330e
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport F30 LCI

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks canadian33! Is the Remote app down because of the transition to the new app or is it just me? I cant log in and reseting the password does not work either.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 07:57 PM   #150
akodi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 530xi

Quote:
Hello all

There was an issue where certain MY18 vehicles were missing data from the backend systems. This resulted in issues with the functionality in the BMW Remote app. The good news is we are going to be deploying a fix for all affected vehicles by end of next week.

Appreciate everyone's patience and for raising the issue. We were able to jump on this early and identify the cause and schedule a fix.
Thanks so much! I've just sent a PM to you.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 08:43 AM   #151
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck_it! View Post
Thanks canadian33! Is the Remote app down because of the transition to the new app or is it just me? I cant log in and reseting the password does not work either.
The Remote app appears to be down. We were notified earlier this week, based on customer feedback.

A ticket has been opened and we are investigating internally.

The good news is the Connected App will be launching in Canada in mid-October, and we will move away from the legacy apps.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 10:24 AM   #152
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
The good news is the Connected App will be launching in Canada in mid-October, and we will move away from the legacy apps.
Any beta testers needed?
      09-28-2018, 11:43 AM   #153
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 - Ultimate Pkg- Canada

BMW Connected App

Quote:
The Remote app appears to be down. We were notified earlier this week, based on customer feedback.

A ticket has been opened and we are investigating internally.

Is it for both IOS and Android?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #154
Doruk
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doruk View Post
Hello,

Same with some other people. i registered for the new site. tried to add my car. got the code however, there was an error adding the car on the website. tried removing the car to add it again with no luck ...
Furthermore,

i cannot login to bmw remote app with my credentials from the www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca site. any idea how i can login to this?

thank you
Still same thing...
Appreciate 0