F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > PDU Port Injection Install & tuning build. Lots of pics! UPDATE: 582.49whp/596.66wtq
proTUNING Freaks

02-12-2016, 07:55 PM   #45
obriennathaniel
@obriennathaniel_f30 on Instagram
United_States
Rep
Drives: 582whp/596wtq '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory S View Post
Should be trapping far more than 120 with over 580+ crank HP....
That was at 480 or so. Should be a lot higher now. Might bring it next weekend if she's ready.

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 08:07 PM   #46
Cory S
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel View Post
That was at 480 or so. Should be a lot higher now. Might bring it next weekend if she's ready.
Keep us updated.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 08:25 PM   #47
Stubok
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red F30 328i M Sport

So I'm still a little confused as to how the Flashed DME and JB4 work together.

the boost target is being manipulated by the JB4 to get the DME to increase boost, and then the when the stock fueling starts to run out of capacity the JB4 starts to add fuel?

So does the JB4-PI just add the measured amount of fuel for the additional Air it delivers?

But the DME controls timing based on knock sensor and other inputs.

I guess I don't understand why the JB4 is even needed to control boost if the DME is flashed. Assuming no over the top fueling.

I understand you need a controller to control over the top fueling and would need boost control then to measure in the matching amount of air. I guess it would concern me that the two controllers would hunt somewhat.

Clearly I don't know much about all this. So forgive the noob questions.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 08:54 PM   #48
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory S View Post
Keep us updated.
Will do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubok View Post
So I'm still a little confused as to how the Flashed DME and JB4 work together.

the boost target is being manipulated by the JB4 to get the DME to increase boost, and then the when the stock fueling starts to run out of capacity the JB4 starts to add fuel?

So does the JB4-PI just add the measured amount of fuel for the additional Air it delivers?

But the DME controls timing based on knock sensor and other inputs.

I guess I don't understand why the JB4 is even needed to control boost if the DME is flashed. Assuming no over the top fueling.

I understand you need a controller to control over the top fueling and would need boost control then to measure in the matching amount of air. I guess it would concern me that the two controllers would hunt somewhat.

Clearly I don't know much about all this. So forgive the noob questions.
So in my case, the flash tune just changed things like AFR, timing, +400 RPMs, fuel scaling, and eventually cold start delete. Its basically a BEF with some extras, making the jb4 more efficient at doing what it does.

I've heard of others, like ronanz who use the jb4 strictly as a boost controller and the flash tune does everything else.

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 11:33 PM   #49
Stubok
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks man, I've got a lot of learning to do.

I guess you have to go to JB4 if you want the power of over the top fueling. And then it's going to operate as a boost and OTT fueling controller.

Glad you've gone through this already.

Seems as though your going to be some way above ronanz output.

I live in Austin. Will have to check out your wheels when I come down.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 03:25 AM   #50
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I guess you have to go to JB4 if you want the power of over the top fueling. And then it's going to operate as a boost and OTT fueling controller.

Its all good, glad to help! and yea for now, until ronanz decides to pass me up! and which wheels? the Velos I ordered? or the AG's I have on right now?

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 03:36 AM   #51
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Luminous is next

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 03:44 AM   #52
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
Luminous is next
lol I have my eye on him!

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 08:22 AM   #53
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

I have a quick question, right now, with all the upgrades you have done to your engine, would you ever need forged pistons? Wouldn't they be somewhat necessary with the amount of power you are getting?
      02-13-2016, 08:41 AM   #54
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:

obriennathaniel will be the Wold Record Holder VERY soon!!

I'll only be running 93-95 Octane...

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 08:49 AM   #55
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Luminous is next

Quote:

I agree!! BUT, I'd also keep my eye on cryptocar !! . .

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 10:06 AM   #56
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz
Quote:
Luminous is next

Quote:

lol I don't know how to actually compete with Nathaniel he's already well into his tuning process and already approaching the world record N55, currently an F22(tuned by ACF). Pretty sure he has the F30 title still(as tuned by EuroCharged). My tune will be very interesting. ACF arrives from Brazil the week of the 23rd!

Unlike Ronanz I am more than happy to use all kinds of fuels in this build lol.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks

Last edited by cryptocar; 02-13-2016 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: markdown formatting
Appreciate 2
      02-13-2016, 11:57 AM   #57
Stubok
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel
Quote:

Its all good, glad to help! and yea for now, until ronanz decides to pass me up! and which wheels? the Velos I ordered? or the AG's I have on right now?
Lol I meant meet up and see your car-whip-wheels.

Heading down to ABR middle of this coming week.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 12:27 PM   #58
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 963mw View Post
I have a quick question, right now, with all the upgrades you have done to your engine, would you ever need forged pistons? Wouldn't they be somewhat necessary with the amount of power you are getting?
Not necessarily. Forged internals are nice, but not as necessary as they were, let's say 10 years ago. Modern internals are very very strong, and usually don't fail until the tuning fails them, or insane power numbers into the 800's. BUT you never know. I'm more so waiting to see what fails next, the factory diverter valve being the first one which was a cheap easy fix. Im leaning towards either the transmission or an axle breaking.
Quote:

Lmao gotcha! Well I'll be at work on nights this whole week, but my car will be at Eurocharged the whole week, PM me your number and I'll text you updates on it in case you want to go by and see it. They'll take you for a ride if it's not strapped down to the dyno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
lol I don't know how to actually compete with Nathaniel he's already well into his tuning process and already approaching the world record N55, currently an F22(tuned by ACF). Pretty sure he has the F30 title still(as tuned by EuroCharged). My tune will be very interesting. ACF arrives from Brazil the week of the 23rd!

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
Lol yea I know about cryptocar too, it's actually nice not being the only one on the forums chasing high power numbers. Before it was just BMS and they're so secretive with what they do so it's useless, and ACF who isn't really present on the forums with real life updates. So let's get the ball rolling guys!!!

Appreciate 3
      02-13-2016, 04:24 PM   #59
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 963mw View Post
Not necessarily. Forged internals are nice, but not as necessary as they were, let's say 10 years ago. Modern internals are very very strong, and usually don't fail until the tuning fails them, or insane power numbers into the 800's. BUT you never know. I'm more so waiting to see what fails next, the factory diverter valve being the first one which was a cheap easy fix. Im leaning towards either the transmission or an axle breaking.
Quote:

Lmao gotcha! Well I'll be at work on nights this whole week, but my car will be at Eurocharged the whole week, PM me your number and I'll text you updates on it in case you want to go by and see it. They'll take you for a ride if it's not strapped down to the dyno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post

Quote:

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
Lol yea I know about cryptocar too, it's actually nice not being the only one on the forums chasing high power numbers. Before it was just BMS and they're so secretive with what they do so it's useless, and ACF who isn't really present on the forums with real life updates. So let's get the ball rolling guys!!!
I was just reading about the problems the F8Xs are running into with axles breaking I forget the break point but they found it and now have replacements rated to 1200hp

My personal biggest concern is the transmission, doing a drop in filter or MPPK cam put you over the stated torque rating.
But I'd bet I'll blow my transfer case first.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2016, 05:26 PM   #60
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Wish we all lived closer lol

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #61
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

What map are you running with the flash? Custom I would assume.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 11:18 PM   #62
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was just reading about the problems the F8Xs are running into with axles breaking I forget the break point but they found it and now have replacements rated to 1200hp

My personal biggest concern is the transmission, doing a drop in filter or MPPK cam put you over the stated torque rating.
That's what I'm willing to bet :/
Quote:
Right?! Lol we're all in a long distance relationship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
Custom map six

But guys, I have some sad news
Today Eurocharged was out doing some street tuning and testing with just normal driving and a truck ran a red light and swiped the front of my car. It was an old guy in his 70's on medication. No major structural or motor damage was done, but it'll be out of commission while it gets the body work fixed. I'm actually kind of happy this happened because now I don't have to spend any money on getting the f80 rep bumper that I was going to be ordering soon lol

Appreciate 3
      02-13-2016, 11:33 PM   #63
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Custom map six

Today Eurocharged was out doing some street tuning and testing with just normal driving and a truck ran a red light and swiped the front of my car. It was an old guy in his 70's on medication. No major structural or motor damage was done, but it'll be out of commission while it gets the body work fixed. I'm actually kind of happy this happened because now I don't have to spend any money on getting the f80 rep bumper that I was going to be ordering soon lol

You're the only guy I know who'd be happy their ride (with all those $$$ mods) got hit!

Hoping it'll be back together in no time!

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 11:43 PM   #64
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Custom map six

Oh no way! Damn dude that sucks. Why does the PDU PI seem to attract non fault frontal crashes?
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2016, 01:48 AM   #65
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
You're the only guy I know who'd be happy their ride (with all those $$$ mods) got hit!

lol cuz the only mod that was damaged was the painted side markers lol... well shoot, and my CF BMW emblem, forgot about that. But either way, being upset doesn't help anything so I was just like oh well, new bumper

Appreciate 2
      02-14-2016, 01:49 AM   #66
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post

Quote:
Oh no way! Damn dude that sucks. Why does the PDU PI seem to attract non fault frontal crashes?
same thing I told him! lol expect my car is far from totaled. pretty coincidental haha. Now I just get to tease you guys even long with the wait

Appreciate 0