F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
GetBMWParts

02-25-2021, 03:31 PM   #6601
ckarv
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
I noticed yesterday that the AA app's "Day/Night" modes in Developer Settings now work.

If you set it to phone controlled and have the automatic day/night mode set in Google Maps nav settings, the display will automatically go into night mode at night.
Well this is at least good news. I'm still experiencing a lot of instability with Android 11 however, let's see if I just go and buy an iPhone soon.. 🤷
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 05:37 PM   #6602
crimsonblake
Rep
Drives: 2017 bmw i3

Quote:
I noticed yesterday that the AA app's "Day/Night" modes in Developer Settings now work.

If you set it to phone controlled and have the automatic day/night mode set in Google Maps nav settings, the display will automatically go into night mode at night.
What magic voodoo did you do to get this working? I've tried everything. Back in September-ish it was working for me but nothing i've tried since has got it to work so I just leave it in permanent dark mode. After reading your post I ran out to my car, made sure google maps was updated, checked my MMI software (1.2.1), changed my maps nav to Automatic, changed my developer settings to phone controlled and......nope still stuck in day mode.

Was there anything you changed?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 05:42 PM   #6603
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonblake View Post
What magic voodoo did you do to get this working? I've tried everything. Back in September-ish it was working for me but nothing i've tried since has got it to work so I just leave it in permanent dark mode. After reading your post I ran out to my car, made sure google maps was updated, checked my MMI software (1.2.1), changed my maps nav to Automatic, changed my developer settings to phone controlled and......nope still stuck in day mode.

Was there anything you changed?
Nothing besides updating the AA app to v6.1.610544. Using a Samsung Galaxy S10e on Android 11.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 06:44 PM   #6604
crimsonblake
Rep
Drives: 2017 bmw i3

Quote:
Nothing besides updating the AA app to v6.1.610544. Using a Samsung Galaxy S10e on Android 11.
Well...enjoy it. You had my hopes up! I installed that version, wiped my data cache, changed all my lovely settings....anddddddddddddddd no night mode! lol. Technically it's not night where i'm at and was forcing the phone to dark mode. I'll try again at actual night but I'm not optimistic. I don't know why I want this to work so bad when I probably just prefer night mode 24/7 anyway.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 12:51 AM   #6605
ckarv
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Well...enjoy it. You had my hopes up! I installed that version, wiped my data cache, changed all my lovely settings....anddddddddddddddd no night mode! lol. Technically it's not night where i'm at and was forcing the phone to dark mode. I'll try again at actual night but I'm not optimistic. I don't know why I want this to work so bad when I probably just prefer night mode 24/7 anyway.
Is there a setting on the MMI side you need to configure as well? I recall seeing something carplay specific at least, but unsure if that would impact on the AA side as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 07:33 AM   #6606
ImpX
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
How did you update the Android auto app?

Does not it update somehow with system since Android 11?
I've got Pixel 4 and can't find the app in app store.

EDIT: Sorry for spam - I just reinstalled it from .apk source to v6.1.610543, will check the day/night later today and post update-
This is the last bug that irritates me on the system :/

Last edited by ImpX; 02-26-2021 at 08:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 10:15 AM   #6607
Statto25
Rep
Drives: F11

Quote:
Night mode worked for me last week after an update of AA and Maps, now wont work again. I wonder did Google take the feature out of action
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 11:12 AM   #6608
dpurgar3
Registered
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 18d(2012)

Help please, I don't know how to change and put my navigation ... The system (APP Ver. 415187dLZH-CIC-GTL- 200312-B18 .... 10-8953EA) only offers me Google, Waze and Sygic ....
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 11:27 AM   #6609
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you have the Andream A or B unit? If you have the A unit then you can use the custom sw which switches to night mode when the headlights turn on.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 01:13 PM   #6610
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Kind of an odd question.

Anyone who got one of the mic tap cables with their MMI and didn't use it be interested in selling it? I'm working on a slightly different project on my car and want to tap the OEM microphone without have to cut into the wiring.

If someone happens to have one and would be interested in selling it, shoot me a PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 01:43 PM   #6611
Caracal
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d GT

Hello. After taking into account of installing a NBT Evo unit over my NBT unit (even had the ID6 unit), I realized that this is a process that might give me some errors on the car. And I hate errors seen with ISTA

So I start research about this Andream unit, but I have some questions on which I did not found any answers.
1) Does it bring any errors in ISTA?
2) I just want CarPlay. It's possible to use the phone functions like calling on OEM BT, but Google Maps/Waze on display?
3) Connecting with everything to the box (calls included), is everything working like it should? (steeringwheel buttons, answering/calling, displaying of the informations about the calls).
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 03:22 PM   #6612
Thewrench86
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 \M sport. F06 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DainiusU View Post
Have you tried using old USB stick and formatting it strictly to FAT32? Are you using Windows 10 to format the stick?
hi yes tried fat32, i was able to get to 1.04-2 but then everything else shows burn error and yes i am using windows 10

does everyones carplay waze announce speed cameras? on a 30 mile journey it announced 2 but showed the notification for all of them (there were about 17 in total) usual route and AA announces them all.

Last edited by Thewrench86; 02-26-2021 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 05:16 PM   #6613
spiritbreaker
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Is your phone connected to the car's oem Bluetooth connection?

Also, the phone model makes a difference in the overall performance experience. I noticed a big improvement in performance after upgrading from my Samsung S7 to the S10e.
If my phone connects to Cars bluetooth, audio switches to bluetooth, plus you'll loose the high quality streaming over wifi. If I manually connect my phone to CarplayMMI's bluetooth for calls only, it works.

I tested this with S10+, D20, Xperia 1 ii and now S21.

When I play music from soundcloud and use maps at same time, the unit just borks.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 05:49 PM   #6614
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caracal View Post
I realized that this is a process that might give me some errors on the car. And I hate errors seen with ISTA
1) Does it bring any errors in ISTA?
Every MMI box gives errors for BMW it's a strange intruder :-)
But no worries that's normal.
Btw, I got 3 errors.

Last edited by RAAF12; 02-28-2021 at 09:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 11:10 AM   #6615
mako2388
Rep
Drives: X3 f25 2016

Quote:

Not working here grrrr :/
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 11:16 AM   #6616
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako2388 View Post
Quote:

Not working here grrrr :/
The mmi sw version may play a part in whether or not it works. But it definitely works for me, however I prefer to have the headlights control day/night mode.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 12:43 PM   #6617
sbrook02
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 (F15)

MMI CarPlay Automatic Dark/Bright Mode

Quote:
The mmi sw version may play a part in whether or not it works. But it definitely works for me, however I prefer to have the headlights control day/night mode.
This is what happens to MMI CarPlay. When the headlight is on (auto or manual), Apple/Google Maps goes to dark mode.

Last edited by sbrook02; 02-28-2021 at 12:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 03:44 PM   #6618
Thewrench86
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 \M sport. F06 640d M Sport

Quote:

Did this work for waze as well by any chance? I tried it worked in Google maps but not waze for me unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 03:57 PM   #6619
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewrench86 View Post
Quote:

Did this work for waze as well by any chance? I tried it worked in Google maps but not waze for me unfortunately
I haven't tried it with Waze.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 06:47 PM   #6620
MHF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Sedan

My Andream unit and backup camera are supposed to be coming in tomorrow, pretty stoked Any tips/tricks to be aware pre/post install?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 06:50 PM   #6621
matthewslimmer
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 REx 2017

Hey all, I installed a Roadtop (B version) in my i3 and it all went very well! It already has the latest firmware. It sounds great. Pairing took a little work but seems solid for both wireless Carplay and wireless Android Auto.

There's a funky thing happening now when the car is parked in the garage. Suddenly my phone will connect (BT+WIFI) to i3 and try starting google maps for a route. The garage is attached to the house so it's close enough to connect, but there's nobody in the car for like 3 hours before.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 10:19 PM   #6622
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewslimmer View Post
Hey all, I installed a Roadtop (B version) in my i3 and it all went very well! It already has the latest firmware. It sounds great. Pairing took a little work but seems solid for both wireless Carplay and wireless Android Auto.

There's a funky thing happening now when the car is parked in the garage. Suddenly my phone will connect (BT+WIFI) to i3 and try starting google maps for a route. The garage is attached to the house so it's close enough to connect, but there's nobody in the car for like 3 hours before.

Any ideas? Thanks!
You may get more help by posting in this subreddit. I've seen several recent posts about these mmi's on there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BMWi3?utm_m...m_source=share
Appreciate 0