F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > The Impeachment Thread
European Auto Source (EAS)
View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 50 29.41%
Trump Trump-umphant. 58 34.12%
Inclusive 13 7.65%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 52 30.59%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 8 4.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

10-22-2019, 11:00 AM   #1233
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
"Hundreds" of email violations? That's child's play. Try thousands, if not millions, during the G.W. Bush presidency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_W...il_controversy

Not saying Hillary is exonerated though (she should have known better).
While still a violation, the Presidential Records Act has less concern for me than Top/Secret records unsecured.
Appreciate 3
Run Silent12194.00
MKSixer15043.50

10-22-2019, 04:51 PM   #1234
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Envoy testifies Trump tied Ukraine aid to politically motivated investigations https://reut.rs/2W8Jwse

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine testified on Tuesday he was told that President Donald Trump made the release of security aid to Ukraine contingent on Kiev publicly declaring it would carry out politically motivated investigations that he sought, according to a copy of his statement to lawmakers.

Corroborating evidence.
Let's see the Trumpsters spin this!
      10-22-2019, 05:11 PM   #1235
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Envoy testifies Trump tied Ukraine aid to politically motivated investigations https://reut.rs/2W8Jwse

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine testified on Tuesday he was told that President Donald Trump made the release of security aid to Ukraine contingent on Kiev publicly declaring it would carry out politically motivated investigations that he sought, according to a copy of his statement to lawmakers.

Corroborating evidence.
Reuters? bahahahahahaha
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 05:20 PM   #1236
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
Reuters? bahahahahahaha
I dunno - Reuters is actually a very reputable news source.

Irrespective of that, the actual reporting is extremely biased - since everything was behind closed doors, so all we are seeing is what the democrats are allowing us to see.

If investigating Burisma was part of an overall expectation that Ukraine would investigate all corruption associated with the USA, then it's pretty hard to justify that it was directly related to the 2020 election.
      10-22-2019, 05:43 PM   #1237
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post

Corroborating evidence.
Reuters? bahahahahahaha
What do you think of the Wall Street Journal?
Taylor makes even more damning accusations against Trump here.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/dip...ns-11571750496

https://www.wsj.com/articles/diploma...-concerns-Bill Taylor, the acting U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, said he was blindsided by the news that the White House was holding up aid to Ukraine, according to his testimony Tuesday. He said he was told that if Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky didn't announce he was opening the dual investigations Mr. Trump would neither release the aid nor agree to a White House meeting with Mr. Zelensky."
      10-22-2019, 06:25 PM   #1238
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i

Let's go to the source -- the opening statement of the man who testified to Congress today. It's a public document.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...testimony.html
Appreciate 3
      10-22-2019, 06:33 PM   #1239
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Let's go to the source -- the opening statement of the man who testified to Congress today. It's a public document.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...testimony.html
The AP corroborates.....

https://apnews.com/3769e350fd334a6287474ad82042b4e5
      10-22-2019, 07:00 PM   #1240
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:
Reuters? bahahahahahaha
Every news source right now just owned you and your laugh.

It just got worse for Trump, Rudy, and the two Mikes.

Now there are multiple sources confirming this quid pro quo plus Mick M. saying the same damn thing on TV. Will the GOP senate finally find its backbone?
      10-22-2019, 07:58 PM   #1241
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Will the GOP senate finally find its backbone?
Only if it doesn't result in them losing the next election. At this point IMESHO that's the final missing piece of the puzzle. The facts are there. The story still needs spinning.
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2019, 08:04 PM   #1242
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Yea..I see the House/Pelosi got their backbone and impeached him..wait..they didn't. You guys are so fcking easy...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 08:04 PM   #1243
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Quote:
Only if it doesn't result in them losing the next election. At this point IMESHO that's the final missing piece of the puzzle. The facts are there. The story still needs spinning.
It seems as though the best chance for Republicans to win the presidency in 2020 is for the GOP to get behind the impeachment movement. I don't think Pence is going to cut it.
      10-22-2019, 08:04 PM   #1244
Dagamus_NM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post

Irrespective of that, the actual reporting is extremely biased - since everything was behind closed doors, so all we are seeing is what the democrats are allowing us to see.

If investigating Burisma was part of an overall expectation that Ukraine would investigate all corruption associated with the USA, then it's pretty hard to justify that it was directly related to the 2020 election.
You seem to be missing the point. It is not about an actual investigation. The aid was being held up with the demand than an investigation be announced.

There is only one reason why the announcement of an investigation is important. Public perception.

This is exactly what was in the transcripts of the texts between the investigators and what Trump was hinting at in the phone call. He wanted it to be in the news from official channels that an investigation was being conducted.

An actual investigation and anything that could come of it would simply be a bonus.

Let me say this again, aid was held up pending an official announcement of an investigation into Trump's primary political opponent.

I am curious as the when they would have desired this announcement be made. Probably just prior to the first primaries being held. This is just me speculating, everything above is what transpired.
Appreciate 3
      10-22-2019, 08:22 PM   #1245
Dagamus_NM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Yea..I see the House/Pelosi got their backbone and impeached him..wait..they didn't. You guys are so fcking easy...
Why would you give subpoena power to the minority party if you didn't have to?

They currently have the power to keep this focused and subpoena whoever they want and the house minority does not get to.

They will call all of those that they feel they need to and once that is satisfied they will move forward with formal inquiry which will be very brief since the investigation will essentially be concluded and kick it over to the senate where Mitch will try and kill it. Mitch is not the judge in the senate trial however, neither is Pence. John Roberts is and how he will conduct the trial is anybody's guess.

Regardless, why would Pelosi give away the power and let the republican side of the house have subpoena power to distract and muddy the focus here?

The rules were changed to allow this by the republicans and now it is biting them in the ass. Fair? I would feel it was unfair if I were a republican. There is a certain irony in it though. Pelosi may not do things you like but she is far from spineless. Like a snake, she is mostly spine and little else.
Appreciate 2
      10-22-2019, 09:53 PM   #1246
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Quote:
Reuters? bahahahahahaha
Every news source right now just owned you and your laugh.

It just got worse for Trump, Rudy, and the two Mikes.

Now there are multiple sources confirming this quid pro quo plus Mick M. saying the same damn thing on TV. Will the GOP senate finally find its backbone?
MSM? bahahahahahaha
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 10:54 PM   #1247
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:

Hang on a minute. He testified in front of the House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs, and Oversight committees. Are you saying ONLY the majority members were present? No minority members sat in on the hearing?
Appreciate 3
wdb1533.50

10-23-2019, 07:24 AM   #1248
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:

So, the reporting isn't biased, but what they are reporting on (recounting of closed-door testimony) is almost certainly biased.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12194.00

10-23-2019, 07:37 AM   #1249
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Hang on a minute. He testified in front of the House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs, and Oversight committees. Are you saying ONLY the majority members were present? No minority members sat in on the hearing?
Republicans were present and, supposedly, crushed Taylor's testimony in mere minutes. Thing is, Schiff has placed a pinpointed gag order on what Republicans can talk about in relation to testimony.
3, 2, 1...What's up with that?

Some of his testimony was 2nd, 3rd and even 4th party accounts.
Reeee.

#thetimelinewillsetyoufree
#hoax#?andcounting
#circuscircus

Carry on.
      10-23-2019, 07:56 AM   #1250
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Schumer: The whistleblowers identity is protected by law.

Uhhh...NO IT'S NOT.
Talk about misinformed/fake news/willful ignorance. Pretty pathetic.

This is all as transparent as lead plate with all of these ghosts and goblins. Fitting.

#helloweeniscoming
      10-23-2019, 08:00 AM   #1251
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Republicans were present and, supposedly, crushed Taylor's testimony in mere minutes. Thing is, Schiff has placed a pinpointed gag order on what Republicans can talk about in relation to testimony.
3, 2, 1...What's up with that?

Some of his testimony was 2nd, 3rd and even 4th party accounts.
Reeee.

#thetimelinewillsetyoufree
#hoax#?andcounting
#circuscircus

Carry on.
Link? My quick Google didn't turn up anything relevant.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2019, 08:13 AM   #1252
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

^
According to McCarthy anyway. I doubt he's making it up because that would be an instant bite in his own arse.

McCarthy added House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., is not allowing lawmakers to speak too specifically about the proceedings, in an interview Tuesday on "The Ingraham Angle."

"Adam Schiff won't let us talk about what happened," he said regarding U.S. diplomat to Ukraine Bill Taylor's closed-door hearing on Capitol Hill. "There is no quid pro quo."
https://www.foxnews.com/us/diplomat-...william-taylor

I'll be happy to go about what's what with you but will not reply to the real troll and his nauseating wankery.

Take care, hool.
      10-23-2019, 08:20 AM   #1253
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
^
According to McCarthy anyway. I doubt he's making it up because that would be an instant bite in his own arse.

McCarthy added House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., is not allowing lawmakers to speak too specifically about the proceedings, in an interview Tuesday on "The Ingraham Angle."

"Adam Schiff won't let us talk about what happened," he said regarding U.S. diplomat to Ukraine Bill Taylor's closed-door hearing on Capitol Hill. "There is no quid pro quo."
https://www.foxnews.com/us/diplomat-...william-taylor

I'll be happy to go about what's what with you but will not reply to the real troll and his nauseating wankery.

Take care, hool.
"Not allowing lawmakers" doesn't sound like it's exclusive to GOP members.

I'm just wondering what mechanism Schiff has at his disposal to implement such a thing. Perhaps a House or Committee rule?
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2019, 08:38 AM   #1254
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
So, the reporting isn't biased, but what they are reporting on (recounting of closed-door testimony) is almost certainly biased.
Yeah - I should have been more clear in my statement - what you are saying is exactly what I was trying to convey.