F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Three Coding Questions
GetBMWParts

06-21-2019, 03:33 PM   #1
19bis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i; 2018 230i

Three Coding Questions

I was doing some additional Bimmercode coding today on the 2016 F31 that I picked up a couple of months ago. Some things worked (rear fog lights!), but others did not. I wonder if anyone has suggestions. For the record, this is a US model with HU_NBT_EVO, FEM_01, KOMBI L7_MID, and 6WA.

1. Is it possible to make Service History visible in iDrive? I checked to make sure that HU_NBT_EVO 3000 SERVICE_HISTORY is "aktiv." Is there some other parameter that needs to be set?

2. HUD Turn Signals - I don't have FEM_BODY or 6WB, so it seems like this should be possible. I coded
KOMBI 3008 HUD_PIA_BLINKER aktiv
KOMBI 3003 HUD_BLINKER_ENABLE aktiv
HU_NBT 300C HUD_TURNSIGNAL aktiv
... but got nothing, not even a checkbox in iDrive. I must be missing something here.

3. NAV weirdness - I had previously coded the NAV voice to be English_UK rather than English_US (much more polite - all of the directions start with "please"). When I set English_US "nicht aktiv" I get "n.t.a." ("no translation available") for house number, street name, etc. When I add English_US to the iDrive list, I get labels for all of these, but the voice reverts to Engish_US, even if I select English_UK in iDrive. OK, I can figure out what the icons mean without a translation. But here is the really weird part - the traffic condition explanations are in Indonesian! I checked to make sure that Indonesian is "nicht_aktiv," and it does not appear in the iDrive list, so where this is coming from is a mystery to me.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can supply clues to solving these.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 03:32 AM   #2
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

To 1.)
The service history only appears after the first service.
If the first service has already been made, but the service history does not appear, then the car must be connected to the tester at the dealer / workshop and after that the history should appear.

To 2.)
That has never worked and will never work in F3x.
I do not understand why that still can be found in the coding lists or in Bimmercode .

To 3.) I did not understand all, but you wrote that you coded from english_UK to english_US and later you set english_US to nicht_aktiv and also you selected english_UK in the iDrive list.
But as i understand you never coded all back to english_UK?
Otherwise i also don't understand why there are indonesian explanations.
Appreciate 1
19bis43.00