F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > what's in the Kurd genocide for Trump?
Extreme Powerhouse

10-14-2019, 05:20 PM   #23
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
how did you get the opinion of Turkey is a garbage country? d like to know the reasons why..
Nasilsin! I've spent much time in Turkey (mostly Ankara). It is a lovely country and certainly not garbage. I believe he was speaking towards the current political leadership, but one must also digress that the country as a whole certainly has some areas that are...um...not yet developed.
      10-14-2019, 07:20 PM   #24
yco
ignorance is bliss..
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
I don't beleive he meant the actual country, he is most likely referring to the current leadership. At least that is how I took it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Nasilsin! I've spent much time in Turkey (mostly Ankara). It is a lovely country and certainly not garbage. I believe he was speaking towards the current political leadership, but one must also digress that the country as a whole certainly has some areas that are...um...not yet developed.
thats nice.. of course, i can make a list of things must change or shouldnt change, drawbacks and all the stuff about the country.. im not a fanatic, i like to keep things rational.. im ready to agree to disagree in short to any opinion.. but i travel quite often as short or long stays more than 6 months, and i learnt that harsh judgements should come from some really bad experience for a country or a city.. wondered if he/she had some experience or its just a stereotype..
      10-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #25
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

Please the cause of this is not trump, it was 100 years of western intervention, broken promises, and disregard for local cultures that has cause this mess. Turkey was promise an enormous amount of money from the EU to support the refugees and the EU has failed to honor theor 2017 commitments, now the Turks are trying to relocate these refugees back into their supposed home nation and the world is an uproar.

Turkey goals are legitament and reasonable.
USA has no reason to be in Syria
The civil war is over
And f the EU and their BS
Appreciate 2
F32Fleet1414.50
MKSixer14984.50

10-14-2019, 07:39 PM   #26
Eriphill
Captain
Rep

Assad government troops are moving to the front lines to join forces with their new allies the Kurds. A shooting war between Turkey and Syria (with backing from Russia and Iran) could very likely take place in the coming days.

BBC report:

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 08:41 PM   #27
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Please the cause of this is not trump, it was 100 years of western intervention, broken promises, and disregard for local cultures that has cause this mess. Turkey was promise an enormous amount of money from the EU to support the refugees and the EU has failed to honor theor 2017 commitments, now the Turks are trying to relocate these refugees back into their supposed home nation and the world is an uproar.

Turkey goals are legitament and reasonable.
USA has no reason to be in Syria
The civil war is over
And f the EU and their BS
Killing the Kurds is a legitimate goal?
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 09:16 PM   #28
WestRace
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Trump on Fox a few years ago "We killed a lot of people too".
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 09:53 PM   #29
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

I'll preface this with I like the country's culture and people. However, Turkey (read Erdogan) is a worrisome at this time. There is this nationalism tinged with aggression that is a little scary. Most people probably aren't aware of the constant airspace and territorial water incursions into Greek territory. Turkey has more than alluded to the fact that the Treaty of Lausanne that settled the issues of the Greek islands near Turkey is somehow not valid in regards to those islands.

Point is, Turkey may have regional power aspirations that can become a problem.
      10-14-2019, 10:04 PM   #30
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
The political cost will be steep,
send troops in the left is furious; pull them out and the left is furious. wtf is one to do?
Appreciate 2
MKSixer14984.50
glennQNYC5525.50

10-14-2019, 10:08 PM   #31
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 x35d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
how did you get the opinion of Turkey is a garbage country? d like to know the reasons why..
Look up how well Christians fared under Turkeys rule over the last two hundred years. Look into that plus look into how secularism has been under decline within all the arab states. Add up all the numbers and when the answer comes then look into the safe, secure and happy cul-de-sac that you live in.

Freedom and democracy is what matters. 1776 matters. Dont let a cancer enter your body.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 10:35 PM   #32
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Further BS and purpose misreporting and inflammatory reporting to drag us into another mess in the middle east.
Appreciate 2
SoCalS2k342.00
glennQNYC5525.50

10-14-2019, 11:43 PM   #33
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
This is a genocide now? Are you warmogers this crazy. You will say anything to drag us into more wars for no reason.

There is 0 genocide happening. Totally crazy talk.

I also read a very interesting history article that the summary is like this.

Kurdish ppl in Syria right now are actually a lot originally from turkey and we're escaping turkey because of serious abuse. Syria offered them refuge in their country. Then years later when terroritsts attack Syria and civil war start the Syrians asked Kurd for help.

Kurds said NO. And when Syrian army left to go fight civil war the Kurds went and setup their own autonomous area in Syria and then went to USA to get military support for their new area. Then when we asked them to help us against terrorists and Syrian govt they said YES.

Sounds to me like very ungrateful ppl who are just trying to do whatever they can to take land from Syria. Syria gave them a safe space to live and they backstabbed them and try to steal that property is what I could take away from that article.

That is not what we want to support and even if you do support such underhanded tactics we should 100% not be involved in any war for that. Because then we will be stuck there defending some ppl who took land and original ppl will want it back until then end of time.

I really think this is an A+ from trump for the first time in his presidency and will be an A++++++++ if he pulls out 100 from the area.

But for now we have I read all the crazy talk from all the insane warmonger ppl who will say anything to get us to keep fighting wars. Ugh
Appreciate 2
      10-14-2019, 11:56 PM   #34
Eriphill
Captain
Rep

I like this guys breakdown of the situation in Syria (have to read the whole thread)

Appreciate 2
DonaldPump6024.00
glennQNYC5525.50

10-15-2019, 12:04 AM   #35
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep

You know the media bs propaganda is so blatant and false that you have SoCal and Myself agreeing on a subject lol.
Appreciate 2
SoCalS2k342.00
glennQNYC5525.50

10-15-2019, 12:29 AM   #36
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
You know the media bs propaganda is so blatant and false that you have SoCal and Myself agreeing on a subject lol.
So true. I hope maybee some ppl realize other crazy lies media always putting in everyone head. To me what ppl say are the good guys are actually the bad guys. And the bad guys sometimes good guys.

Too many lies just to keep us always in a war in the area
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 05:15 AM   #37
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Further BS and purpose misreporting and inflammatory reporting to drag us into another mess in the middle east.
So Turkey went into Syria to shoot at weird random things?

I get that you guys don't want to be part of another war, I agree with you. But I also think you are in denial on what Turkey is actually doing to make yourselves feel better.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 07:24 AM   #38
vreihen16
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
What's in it for Trump? Besides a distraction from the impeachment proceedings?
      10-15-2019, 08:32 AM   #39
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I get that you guys don't want to be part of another war, I agree with you. But I also think you are in denial on what Turkey is actually doing to make yourselves feel better.
If you know anything about that region you would already know the Kurds and Turks have shot at one another for decades. I swear if Trump enter mexico to relocate the migrants and a gun fight erupted with the cartels you would start screaming trump committing genocide to the Mexicans!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 08:33 AM   #40
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

#stopthekentuckymassacre
We are the Army of God and we are the truth”
-Kanye West
Appreciate 1
Eriphill1144.50

10-15-2019, 08:58 AM   #41
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
If you know anything about that region you would already know the Kurds and Turks have shot at one another for decades. I swear if Trump enter mexico to relocate the migrants and a gun fight erupted with the cartels you would start screaming trump committing genocide to the Mexicans!
You diehard Trump fans really need to relax sometimes, just take some deep breaths. I am yet to say anything bad about Trump in this situation, and yet you keep bringing him back up to defend him.

You care so much about Trump that you are completely disregarding what is actually going on. As I said before, I am completely fine with Trump exiting our troops in this situation, we shouldn't be fighting Turkey. But that doesn't mean Turkey isn't doing anything wrong, and that we should just be fine with their actions. Trump just put new sanctions on Turkey because of this, he realizes that their actions are wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 09:40 AM   #42
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
Assad government troops are moving to the front lines to join forces with their new allies the Kurds. A shooting war between Turkey and Syria (with backing from Russia and Iran) could very likely take place in the coming days.

BBC report:

Don't forget that Turkey and Russia are big trading partners, and Turkey is taking delivery of Russian SAM's.

It's not looking good for Russia.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 09:42 AM   #43
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You diehard Trump fans really need to relax sometimes, just take some deep breaths. I am yet to say anything bad about Trump in this situation, and yet you keep bringing him back up to defend him.

You care so much about Trump that you are completely disregarding what is actually going on. As I said before, I am completely fine with Trump exiting our troops in this situation, we shouldn't be fighting Turkey. But that doesn't mean Turkey isn't doing anything wrong, and that we should just be fine with their actions. Trump just put new sanctions on Turkey because of this, he realizes that their actions are wrong.
Why should we care? You want us to be the world's policeman? It really is none of our business. You can't have it both ways.

Appreciate 2
      10-15-2019, 09:44 AM   #44
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Agree,

People just don't get it.

Appreciate 2