F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > F30_SixSpeed 335i M Sport Build: 528 whp & 570 wtq | PS2 Turbo, FBO, XDI-35 + more!
Studio RSR

10-20-2018, 06:52 AM   #243
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
[QUOTE=F30_SixSpeed;23866079]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3ston_ingle View Post

Doing a baseline on my current tune before more fueling comes into play so I can measure the delta. I should have some new pump gas numbers very soon!

Also - I've dyno'd PS2 previously on pump... video of pull is a page back. I did 409 whp / 455trq on 15 psi and 453 whp / 466trq on ~17.5 psi (with the HPFP crashing basically the entire pull ) ... current tune runs 16 psi with cleaner timing and absolutely no HPFP crashes... I'm thinking it'll be in between the two figures posted above.
Really smart to get that baseline...

When you say the HPFP crashes ... what does that mean or feel like when you drive the car? I get my car’s boost cut sometimes from max to like 4 psi and I think it might be the pump ...

453 wheel is no slouch.... and I’m sure pulls to redline, this is going to be epic when you get it to its max.

Any issues or risks to internals or drive shafts?

Awesome read!

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2018, 07:47 AM   #244
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post

When you say the HPFP crashes ... what does that mean or feel like when you drive the car? I get my car’s boost cut sometimes from max to like 4 psi and I think it might be the pump ...

453 wheel is no slouch.... and I’m sure pulls to redline, this is going to be epic when you get it to its max.

Awesome read!
You shoot black smoke out the back and it feels like you're doing a 2 step.
      10-20-2018, 10:29 AM   #245
sean2648
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

subscribed, awesome and clean car, great build thread
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2018, 06:47 AM   #246
itachi_d
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Stunning car
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2018, 12:20 PM   #247
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Thanks all!! Appreciate the support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post

Awesome read!
For the HPFP - The car just jerks and feels a like a violent cut of the throttle for a split second. The DME cuts the throttle also as a safety feature I believe. No real harm if it happens here and there, I wouldn't keep consistently doing it though. Best is to datalog your runs and see if it is indeed the fuel pressure dropping, then you will know for sure if thats the culprit.

Have not had any issues at all with my setup. Most important is run a good tune and datalog often IMO... if everything is in line how its suppose to be and maintenance is kept up to date, I don't foresee any issues arising. I'd be more concerned for the internals past the 550-600 whp mark.

335i M Sport 6MT || PS2 Turbo, FBO, XDI-35 HPFP, BM3, KW, MP BBK, OEM+
INSTAGRAM || BUILD THREAD
Appreciate 2
kern4174446.50
ceedawg467.50
      10-24-2018, 09:28 PM   #248
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Baseline Pure Stage 2 dyno on STOCK FUEL SYSTEM on PUMP GAS 93 octane. Both runs have the same hardware parts on them - Blue line is the stock tune, red is BM3 S2H 93 oct tune (running 16 psi at peak power.) Car is healthy! Top end pulls much harder then the stocker. I was really happy with the numbers on just 16 psi and 93.

TTFS XDI fuel pump is in! We loaded in the new tune file and car started right up. Car runs exactly the same as stock HPFP, no drivability issues at all... perfect!

Excited to see the capability of the new HPFP. I will update once I have more drive time with it and we dial in the tune.

Time to turn up the boost!!

Appreciate 3
      10-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #249
$howtime456
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

Unsubscribing...lolol.. following this thread is making me spend me more and more....
Good shit!!
Precision 6266 On Steroids
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2018, 02:05 AM   #250
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_SixSpeed View Post

Baseline Pure Stage 2 dyno on STOCK FUEL SYSTEM on PUMP GAS 93 octane. Both runs have the same hardware parts on them - Blue line is the stock tune, red is BM3 S2H 93 oct tune (running 16 psi at peak power.) Car is healthy! Top end pulls much harder then the stocker. I was really happy with the numbers on just 16 psi and 93.

TTFS XDI fuel pump is in! We loaded in the new tune file and car started right up. Car runs exactly the same as stock HPFP, no drivability issues at all... perfect!

Excited to see the capability of the new HPFP. I will update once I have more drive time with it and we dial in the tune.

Time to turn up the boost!!
Dude I can hardly wait to seeWow!!

You may even change my stance against PS2 so I’m anxious to her your thoughts and reviews after you tune.
      10-30-2018, 11:34 AM   #251
bmweston
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i M Performance

Wicked awesome.
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2018, 08:33 AM   #252
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
this is one bad bitch

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2018, 12:56 PM   #253
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

[QUOTE=F30_SixSpeed;23866079]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3ston_ingle View Post

Doing a baseline on my current tune before more fueling comes into play so I can measure the delta. I should have some new pump gas numbers very soon!

Also - I've dyno'd PS2 previously on pump... video of pull is a page back. I did 409 whp / 455trq on 15 psi and 453 whp / 466trq on ~17.5 psi (with the HPFP crashing basically the entire pull ) ... current tune runs 16 psi with cleaner timing and absolutely no HPFP crashes... I'm thinking it'll be in between the two figures posted above.

Definitely watching closely as this is the direction I'd like to go as well! Nicely done bro! .

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2018, 07:45 PM   #254
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Dude I can hardly wait to seeWow!!

You may even change my stance against PS2 so I’m anxious to her your thoughts and reviews after you tune.
This is probably NOT the thread you want to follow. I know you have a weird sensation to see these cars pushed to the edge, big power numbers and fast track times... with no regard to anything else such as drivability, engine safety, comfort or drivers feel. I know you and your car crew consider anything that traps under 130 slow... and "your boys" have super fast cars (or is it your other race car thats faster then any n55 out there)... then you bash people when they post information or results that you aren't satisfied with, yet I've never seen any dyno numbers, datalogs, draggy times or track times from you personally.

For the record, I had the option to get other "big turbo kits"... I choose Pure Stage 2 Turbo because 1. They are a well respected company that produced numbers in line with my goals, 2. Bolt on kit that has OEM feel to it, 3. Top notch quality (which I have seen with my own eyes). I am super satisfied with PS2, the turbo has exceeded my expectations as far as drivability and quality. It spools insanely quick... and it drives like stock around town and when I push it, top end pulls so much harder then the stocker - exactly what I wanted.

My short term goal is 500whp with the new pump... I am looking to achieve this goal on a FLASH ONLY - no meth, no external controllers or piggybacks. I will not even be pushing my turbo to the limit. My tuner and I are planning for around 20 psi with nice timing throughout. Maybe if I wanted to break the record I would have went with something else... my goals are to have a quick car, drives like stock and good reliability that I can run hard run after run with efficiency.

You don't have to keep mentioning how much you hate Pure or hybrid turbos in general every chance you get on the internet. You will continue to show negativity and I'll continue to post facts and actual results.

Last edited by F30_SixSpeed; 11-04-2018 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 4
ronanz1819.50
akgambino271.50
DaFish156.50
zinner559.00
      11-04-2018, 07:49 PM   #255
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by $howtime456 View Post
Unsubscribing...lolol.. following this thread is making me spend me more and more....
Good shit!!
HA!!! Imagine how I feel right about now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
this is one bad bitch
Thanks man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post

Definitely watching closely as this is the direction I'd like to go as well! Nicely done bro! .

Ronanz one of my favorite N55 builds!! I'll keep you updated!! We are making progress... car is the fastest it's ever been with my latest map update... honestly its a monster, I'm spinning all the way through 2nd gear on 40 rolls and we are slowly upping the boost up top. HPFP has handled everything we've thrown at it so far (and on just 93!)... I'm seeing 21.5 psi down low and the pump isn't even phased, perfect fuel pressure. Can't wait to start throwing some E in there, that's when the fun starts

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 08:45 PM   #256
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:

Ronanz one of my favorite N55 builds!! I'll keep you updated!! We are making progress... car is the fastest it's ever been with my latest map update... honestly its a monster, I'm spinning all the way through 2nd gear on 40 rolls and we are slowly upping the boost up top. HPFP has handled everything we've thrown at it so far (and on just 93!)... I'm seeing 21.5 psi down low and the pump isn't even phased, perfect fuel pressure. Can't wait to start throwing some E in there, that's when the fun starts

Thanks man!

Sounds V E R Y promising! How's your timing look?

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 09:15 PM   #257
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Thanks man!

Sounds V E R Y promising! How's your timing look?

Pretty damn good as well! Timing is very clean for just pump gas 93 octane. I'm seeing about 8-9 degrees up top, I think we'll have no problems doing 10+ degrees on e30. I'll share some logs once we get the boost curve worked out.

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 03:11 AM   #258
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
This is probably NOT the thread you want to follow. I know you have a weird sensation to see these cars pushed to the edge, big power numbers and fast track times... with no regard to anything else such as drivability, engine safety, comfort or drivers feel. I know you and your car crew consider anything that traps under 130 slow... and "your boys" have super fast cars (or is it your other race car thats faster then any n55 out there)... then you bash people when they post information or results that you aren't satisfied with, yet I've never seen any dyno numbers, datalogs, draggy times or track times from you personally.

For the record, I had the option to get other "big turbo kits"... I choose Pure Stage 2 Turbo because 1. They are a well respected company that produced numbers in line with my goals, 2. Bolt on kit that has OEM feel to it, 3. Top notch quality (which I have seen with my own eyes). I am super satisfied with PS2, the turbo has exceeded my expectations as far as drivability and quality. It spools insanely quick... and it drives like stock around town and when I push it, top end pulls so much harder then the stocker - exactly what I wanted.

My short term goal is 500whp with the new pump... I am looking to achieve this goal on a FLASH ONLY - no meth, no external controllers or piggybacks. I will not even be pushing my turbo to the limit. My tuner and I are planning for around 20 psi with nice timing throughout. Maybe if I wanted to break the record I would have went with something else... my goals are to have a quick car, drives like stock and good reliability that I can run hard run after run with efficiency.

You don't have to keep mentioning how much you hate Pure or hybrid turbos in general every chance you get on the internet. You will continue to show negativity and I'll continue to post facts and actual results.
Pmd won’t get into a dick fight with you on your thread!
DaFish156.50
      11-06-2018, 11:50 AM   #259
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

We had a nice fall foliage mountain cruise over the weekend with a local group. Unfortunately, the weather was subpar for a run and of course rainy most of the morning... but at least we were still able to capture some nice shots!

Appreciate 3
cdwalls701.00
M3OW!373.00
DaFish156.50
      11-06-2018, 12:08 PM   #260
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Update on the car and tuning: We'll the new TTFS XDI pump seems to be working well so far! It's certainly meeting my expectations - it's handling everything we have thrown at it so far and even with 20+ psi of boost at the tip in, the fuel pressure remains perfect with no timing advance drops on just 93 octane! Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it lol), it seems to be working so well that my stock clutch can't handle the torque and additional power. It's slipping on 3rd gear WOT hits and anything with a decent load on higher RPMs. I've come to a point where I need to decide on my next steps.

I am looking at the 550i or Spec Stage 2+ clutch. I would like a clutch that can handle 550trq + with OEM feel to it. Spec seems like a decent option, but I have heard mixed opinions and feedback regarding noise and chatter with their clutches. The 550i clutch not only a more cost effective option for me, but it's an OEM part which will certainly have a similar feel to my current setup.

I'm taking this feedback from another user here: "This clutch comes factory in the F10 550i, which puts down 443 tq and weighs a whopping 4552 lbs. DINAN doesn’t offer a clutch upgrade for their different stages of 550i’s, so apparently they feel that it is adequate. Their Stage 3 550i puts down 580 tq and they kept the factory clutch. Also, someone on the forums is using this clutch and claims that it is holding at over 620wtq on aftermarket turbos. To me, it sounds like the clutch is severely underrated." I've also been speaking with another member on here that has ran 24 psi and probably near 550whp on his 335i and it holds... so this is the clutch I am leaning towards.

Additionally (6 speed manual probs ) - the next debate comes with the flywheel replacement. The stocker has a DMFW, which is OEM, quiet and does not chatter at all... but if you are pushing more serious power (Im going to say around 500+ whp here, but probably closer to 550whp) you will experience misfire problems at high RPMs due to the vibrations with the stock DMFW that causes misfires and DME to cut power. This was a big problem users were experiencing early on when big power turbos came out and users were experiencing random/phantom misfires up top near redline. If you run a SMFW, these problems don't occur... the tradeoff is a lot louder chatter and noise coming from the gearbox (at idle and low rpm speeds, especially with the AC on... might help to raise idle rpm to 900, but not something I want to risk). Though this car is not a daily driver, I know going SMFW would certainly annoy the hell out of me, so I've decided to stick with the DMFW like how the car comes stock... hopefully I can push decent power without worrying. I think a good baseline number that users start to experience the misfires are around 21psi of boost past 5.5-6k rpm, which I was originally planning to be right around as the upper limit anyway. Just wanted to share this information in case anyone was wondering. Big power = SMFW (and noise/chatter associated with it) or keep the DMFW and it a bit more conservative but quiet and smooth.

Last edited by F30_SixSpeed; 11-06-2018 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
ronanz1819.50
      11-11-2018, 09:17 PM   #261
CLEsonny
Private
Rep
Drives: F36

Was just browsing instagram searching #437M and stumbled upon your car. It looks amazing. Give you a follow (like 5 minutes ago)!
      11-12-2018, 08:05 AM   #262
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEsonny View Post
Was just browsing instagram searching #437M and stumbled upon your car. It looks amazing. Give you a follow (like 5 minutes ago)!
Thanks man!!! I saw that - gave you a follow back

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 02:00 PM   #263
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

550i Clutch and CDV delete!

Car is wheeling and dealing again! Got an OEM 550i clutch in and did the clutch delay valve (CDV) delete. Very impressed with both! Clutch very OEM like and feels sportier (maybe a touch stiffer which I kinda like - this could just be because it's brand new).

To be honest, I never had any complaints about the 6 speed gearbox (despite what many have said on here) but this combo makes it insanely smooth! My biggest observations are 1-2 shifts are a lot smoother (not as notchy - only thing I didn't like) and downshifts are crispier. I am breaking in my new clutch so I can't drive too aggressive, but it's certainly an improvement.

Happy I went the route I did as of now, can't wait to dial in the tune more now that all the hardware parts are setup.

Last edited by F30_SixSpeed; 11-15-2018 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 05:24 PM   #264
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:
My short term goal is 500whp with the new pump... I am looking to achieve this goal on a FLASH ONLY - no meth, no external controllers or piggybacks. I will not even be pushing my turbo to the limit. My tuner and I are planning for around 20 psi with nice timing throughout. ... my goals are to have a quick car, drives like stock and good reliability that I can run hard run after run with efficiency.
Man.... I wish I had read this and subscribed to this BEFORE I did my own car because this is exactly what I want too - with the addition of AWD. I need AWD for the Canadian winter to drive all year round - and to rip off the line in less than perfect or wet weather. I believe the N55 turbo has serious limitations and it is not performing consistently. I may have some issues with sensors or something, but I believe the stock turbo is just too weak and I should have gone your route out of the gate. I also have to run meth to get my results, but I really don't like running meth for safety reasons (IE: getting rear ended).

I bet I would have paid marginally more. Is it rude to ask how much roughly you have into to just the engine components (PS2, fuel pump, down pipes, exhaust I think you have) - is it roughly $10 or 12k US?

My buddy has a 2018 440 and his B58 is way way stronger than the N55. It's a better turbo.

Thanks for describing your goals so clearly, it is a real service to all of us.

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0