F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Fault code and center channel speaker wire connection
ARMA SPEED

08-13-2018, 11:36 AM   #1
igorbmwx6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i F30

Garage List
Fault code and center channel speaker wire connection

I have finally completed end-to-end Hi-Fi (676) to HK Top Hi-Fi (688) Audio retrofit. Replaced Amplifier, all spakers + subs, ran new harness from back to front, including MOST fiber optic cable. Replaced 676 to 688 on VO (vehicle order) and re-coded NBT-HD module. All is working great and new 600W sound is AMAZING compared to the old Hi-Fi sound.

I just have a couple of questions that maybe someone can answer for me:
1.) I see fault code B7F484 - AMPT: Control unit is not coded for the vahicle (see screen-shot). Any idea what this is all about? Is there another control unit that I need to re-code to recognize new 688 Amplifier?
2.) There is a wire (purple/blk + white/blk) running from Amplifier to the center channel (located in the middle of the dashboard). Connector on this wire is not the same as the connector to the speaker itself. Connector is white, flat with four pins, connector on the speaker is blue with 2 pins. Any idea where this cable plugs into in order to be converted to a 2-pin cable that plugs into the actual speaker?

thank you in advance for any replies.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0