F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F30+Bavsound amp +Powered Sub in trnk ?
Extreme Powerhouse

12-19-2020, 04:07 PM   #1
jodyc256
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

F30+Bavsound amp +Powered Sub in trnk ?

My apologies if someone has already covered this in the forums as I've been reading through them for hours, with no luck in finding anyone with this particular setup. I currently have the factory HiFi speakers in my F30 with a Bavsound Revenant amplifier. While the amp upgrade has made an astonishing difference in sound quality, I'm interested in adding an enclosed powered subwoofer in the trunk. I'm currently looking at a Rockford Fosgate Punch Single 12" 300W and a JL Audio 8" powered subwoofer. My question is- As someone with limited install experience, will this be an easy DIY install? Am I missing a thread that already addresses this? If so, my apologies- I could not find it. Any help in what I should know before going forward with subwoofer purchase would be appreciated.
Thanks, J. Clarke

Last edited by jodyc256; 12-20-2020 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 07:12 PM   #2
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 & G01

Before you get the sub, better check with Bavsound on the amp configuration profile. As per my understanding, Revenant amp is based on UP 7BMW but the profile is password protected and can't be modified by end user. You want to check if they have a profile with active sub output enable.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 12:39 PM   #3
jodyc256
Rep

Help Needed! BAVSOUND Amp + Powered Subwoofwer in trnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreye View Post
Before you get the sub, better check with Bavsound on the amp configuration profile. As per my understanding, Revenant amp is based on UP 7BMW but the profile is password protected and can't be modified by end user. You want to check if they have a profile with active sub output enable.
Thanks for the input, I do believe you are correct. I am unclear what you are referenceing to as a configuration profile? Is that different than a tune file or are they are the same. I'm aware the Revenant has only two tune files accessible to end user- one tune for the Baavsound Stage One speakers and the second tune for the factory speakers. I will probably have to take it to my local stereo center and have it installed professionally. I bought my machine used, and it did not have the amplifier, although it did have a pair of RCA cables wired in as well as a cable ran for power.(am guessing these were for a powered sub and or an aftermarket amplifier) This is most confusing, especially in its current configuration. I will contact Bavsound to see if they can be of assistance. Anyone else with any knowledge on this, please feel free to contribute!!
Attached Images

Last edited by jodyc256; 12-20-2020 at 12:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 07:11 AM   #4
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep

Yes. The tune file is where you set the configuration of the subwoofer. Without access to modify the tune file, I don't see how you can enable sub channel out for active subwoofer and set the proper crossover.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 08:47 PM   #5
Suprgnat
Слава Украине!
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT ZMP Slicktop

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
Quote:
Yes. The tune file is where you set the configuration of the subwoofer. Without access to modify the tune file, I don't see how you can enable sub channel out for active subwoofer and set the proper crossover.
The sub-out on the Revenant is a non-adjustable LPF set to 80 Hz. No need to modify the tune.
      12-22-2020, 10:52 PM   #6
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprgnat View Post
The sub-out on the Revenant is a non-adjustable LPF set to 80 Hz. No need to modify the tune.
You mean the sub out for Revenant is always active set to 80hz LPF? Do you know it's 2nd order or 4th order? I just wonder how OP going to blend in an extra subwoofer with existing underseat sub.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 06:57 AM   #7
Suprgnat
Слава Украине!
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
Quote:
You mean the sub out for Revenant is always active set to 80hz LPF? Do you know it's 2nd order or 4th order? I just wonder how OP going to blend in an extra subwoofer with existing underseat sub.
I have no direct knowledge of its inner workings, but I'm sure the output to the RCA jack on the amp is controlled by the DSP like all of the other outputs.
      12-23-2020, 12:35 PM   #8
jodyc256
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprgnat View Post
I have no direct knowledge of its inner workings, but I'm sure the output to the RCA jack on the amp is controlled by the DSP like all of the other outputs.
Thank you. This is, in part, what I've been searching for. I haven't even been able to get Bavsound to respond to the simplest of inquiries. So, I should be able to run a powered sub from the Revenant's line-out with little to no issues. While I am still a bit concerned about the 2CH line out converter,(pictured above) wired into my system pre-Revenant upgrade, I'm hoping this will remain a non-issue. Thanks! J.C.
@Suprgnat: not that you asked and or are unaware of this, but FWIW-your BMW is f'ing BEAUTIFUL!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 12:47 PM   #9
Suprgnat
Слава Украине!
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyc256 View Post
Thank you. This is, in part, what I've been searching for. I haven't even been able to get Bavsound to respond to the simplest of inquiries. So, I should be able to run a powered sub from the Revenant's line-out with little to no issues. While I am still a bit concerned about the 2CH line out converter,(pictured above) wired into my system pre-Revenant upgrade, I'm hoping this will remain a non-issue. Thanks! J.C.
@Suprgnat: not that you asked and or are unaware of this, but FWIW-your BMW is f'ing BEAUTIFUL!!!
You're welcome, and thank you.

It better work. My sub driver arrived yesterday.

From their manual:
      08-06-2022, 04:25 PM   #10
Mistah P
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M Sport

Hello, I currently can’t get audio to my amp/sub from the Line Out. The remote line works fine. Did you have any luck or have any advice?
Appreciate 0