F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Apple CarPlay Retrofit - Done! (Update:16/11/18...now also with full screen function)
Studio RSR

10-22-2021, 06:36 AM   #595
SuperHamz
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobsey View Post
He got hit with the ban stick
Oh dear!
      11-08-2021, 05:26 AM   #596
moppity
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i Touring

Just wanted to say a big thank you to kubax86 (bimmer-remote.com) for just updating my 2017 RHD 340i to full screen Apple CarPlay! It's a great service he offers — the guidance documentation after purchasing is superb, his communications to set up the remote patching is all clear and punctual. Thank you!

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 09:20 AM   #597
Lucasuk
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F31 330d X-Drive

Hi All,

Just fitted an MMI box to mine and its all working great as far as i can work out so far.
Question i have is when i fitted i had a cable left over with mic on it but cant for the life of me see where that would go or what it would be used for as all seems to be working.

Any ideas or is it for a different model or setup?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 03:07 AM   #598
SMI80
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i (F31)

Hi,
I have done the carplay update using the Feature Installer too, the install worked perfectly.

However I am running into an issue when restoring to OEM. Feature Installer removed carplay successfully, but now the navigation is asking for an USB device with an activation code.
During the initial install a backup of the navigation FSC is stored on the desktop, when I try loading this using Feature Installer it just says it failed.

If I install carplay again, navigation is working again.
I would like to go fully back to OEM so I can use Bimmercode, this is now not working because of the rejected activation code.

Did anybody else run into this same issue?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 05:23 AM   #599
kierownik
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 320i Sport Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucasuk View Post
Hi All,

Just fitted an MMI box to mine and its all working great as far as i can work out so far.
Question i have is when i fitted i had a cable left over with mic on it but cant for the life of me see where that would go or what it would be used for as all seems to be working.

Any ideas or is it for a different model or setup?
That cable is in case if your microphone wasn't working after installing the mmi box. It's a microphone cable splitter. If everything works then you don't need to use that cable.
Appreciate 1
Lucasuk31.00
      11-19-2021, 02:41 PM   #600
blau3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHamz View Post
Whatever happened to R99? He had a unique build IIRC.
Appreciate 1
Wibbles444.50
      12-11-2021, 03:20 PM   #601
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMI80 View Post
Hi,
I have done the carplay update using the Feature Installer too, the install worked perfectly.

However I am running into an issue when restoring to OEM. Feature Installer removed carplay successfully, but now the navigation is asking for an USB device with an activation code.
During the initial install a backup of the navigation FSC is stored on the desktop, when I try loading this using Feature Installer it just says it failed.

I would like to go fully back to OEM so I can use Bimmercode, this is now not working because of the rejected activation code.

Pus the file on your desktop inside a folder calld FSC on the root of a USB drive then try
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 01:41 PM   #602
SMI80
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i (F31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
Quote:
Hi,

Pus the file on your desktop inside a folder calld FSC on the root of a USB drive then try
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks, I believe I already tried this (tried so many things), but will give it another go over the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 02:45 PM   #603
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

Quote:
Thanks, I believe I already tried this (tried so many things), but will give it another go over the weekend.
Send me a PM I can help you remotely
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 01:31 PM   #604
darkproton
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 (G02)

Hi! I installed the hacked fsc using the FeatureInstaller, the other day I went to the dealership because I had a problem in the exhaust and they updated the firmware, now the navigation isn't working anymore and they told me that the FSCs were rejected because modification have been done. Is there any solution? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 01:32 PM   #605
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkproton View Post
Hi! I installed the hacked fsc using the FeatureInstaller, the other day I went to the dealership because I had a problem in the exhaust and they updated the firmware, now the navigation isn't working anymore and they told me that the FSCs were rejected because modification have been done. Is there any solution? Thanks
Just reinstall using FeatureInstaller.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 03:02 PM   #606
darkproton
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Just reinstall using FeatureInstaller.
Yes it's working again! But will it be possible now to revert it to stock condition? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 03:24 PM   #607
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes it's working again! But will it be possible now to revert it to stock condition? Thanks
If Feature Installer included OEM Backup, the original FSC Codes can be restored, and then you would have to install older map where OEM Map FSC Code was till valid for that map version.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 03:35 PM   #608
darkproton
Rep

Quote:
If Feature Installer included OEM Backup, the original FSC Codes can be restored, and then you would have to install older map where OEM Map FSC Code was till valid for that map version.
The backup was stored on the Headunit itself so when they updated it I think they wiped it, because I ran the FeatureInstaller tool again and it reverted back to the non working state (no nav)
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 03:44 PM   #609
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The backup was stored on the Headunit itself so when they updated it I think they wiped it, because I ran the FeatureInstaller tool again and it reverted back to the non working state (no nav)
Backup is stored on HU. but programming does not wipe the backup.

If upi used Feature Installer, and selected Restore option, then your OEM FSC Codes were restored. But is you have new map loaded, as I wrote above, you would have to install older map where OEM Map FSC Code was still valid for that map version.

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 03:48 PM   #610
darkproton
Rep

Quote:
Backup is stored on HU. but programming does not wipe the backup.

If upi used Feature Installer, and selected Restore option, then your OEM FSC Codes were restored. But is you have new map loaded, as I wrote above, you would have to install older map where OEM Map FSC Code was still valid for that map version.
I understand, but the dealership updated my Headunit, if you're telling me I can get it working without patched fsc is a relief. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 03:58 PM   #611
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I understand, but the dealership updated my Headunit, if you're telling me I can get it working without patched fsc is a relief. Thanks
I understand dealer programmed head unit. If Feature Installer code you used included OEM Backup, then you should still be able to run it now, and choose restore to restore the OEM FSC Codes even though unit is not currently patched, and after you would likely need to load older map.

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 04:14 PM   #612
palmface95
Registered
Rep
Drives: f30 330d

which android version it is?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 04:16 PM   #613
darkproton
Rep

Quote:
I understand dealer programmed head unit. If Feature Installer code you used included OEM Backup, then you should still be able to run it now, and choose restore to restore the OEM FSC Codes even though unit is not currently patched, and after you would likely need to load older map.
Yes but the software only detects one backup, the one it makes when its patched, when i took the car from the dealership after they updated the car the software didn't detect other backup, the software is from Certificate Services
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 04:22 PM   #614
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes but the software only detects one backup, the one it makes when its patched, when i took the car from the dealership after they updated the car the software didn't detect other backup, the software is from Certificate Services
Are you are saying that when you run Feature Installer now, it does not prompt for Restore?

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 04:29 PM   #615
darkproton
Rep

Quote:
Are you are saying that when you run Feature Installer now, it does not prompt for Restore?
Yes it does, but because in the dealership they updated my Headunit which contained patched fsc they return the car without working Nav because they couldn't activate, now if I flash it again with Feature Installer I got it working again, but if I restore the backup it will return to the no Nav working state and bimmercode won't work
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 04:42 PM   #616
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes it does, but because in the dealership they updated my Headunit which contained patched fsc they return the car without working Nav because they couldn't activate, now if I flash it again with Feature Installer I got it working again, but if I restore the backup it will return to the no Nav working state and bimmercode won't work
After Head Unit was programmed, fake FSC Codes, which were Status = Rejected because patch was removed. Running Feature Installer Restore function in that condition would have restored the OEM FSC Codes, which would then have been Status = Accepted. If instead you reran Feature Installer Install function, it likley created new backup containing the fake FSC Codes. If you want OEM condition now, you need to run restore to remove patch, wipe Fake FSC Codes, and then Import your original OEM FSC Codes using E-Sys. As for Bimmercode, it will not work so long as EVO is patched.

Appreciate 0