F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F30 M Sport with H&R supersport springs
GetBMWParts

07-02-2018, 09:57 AM   #45
trilltx
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine F32

By chance, did you replace your shocks when you installed the H&R's? Any aftermarket spring is going to have an adverse effect on your shocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkarhma View Post
Do yourself a favor and do not get springs. Get coil overs instead. Springs will give short term satisfaction but will destroy your ride comfort over time. You’ll come to hate them like I do. I have a 2012 335i and am on H&R super sports. Yeah it looks amazing but everyone including myself hates the ride quality now.

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 12:01 AM   #46
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

I did the HnR super sports a few months ago and have had no issues except for the expected extra bit of bounce that comes with lowering any car.... If you're going to spend money on coils do yourself a favor and get the best ones you can afford.I know a guy with an M240i who has BC coils and can't stand how harsh the ride is....
I figure I'll just drive until the m-sport shocks go bad and just replace them with Bilsteins when the day comes...so far so good. Absolutely love the looks.

Last edited by SoCal_NSX; 07-03-2018 at 12:08 AM..
Appreciate 2
kern4174442.00
      07-15-2018, 03:31 PM   #47
JG_Coupe88
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E36 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
I did the HnR super sports a few months ago and have had no issues except for the expected extra bit of bounce that comes with lowering any car.... If you're going to spend money on coils do yourself a favor and get the best ones you can afford.I know a guy with an M240i who has BC coils and can't stand how harsh the ride is....
I figure I'll just drive until the m-sport shocks go bad and just replace them with Bilsteins when the day comes...so far so good. Absolutely love the looks.

Looks great. You have M adaptive suspension? I'm considering H&Rs or Dinan springs with bump stops to throw on the stock adaptive shocks, I don't wanna to go full coilovers cause I like the adaptive suspension. So that puts me in a spot where I'm still undecided. I track and autocross, as well as daily drive mine so I want that balance between less body roll, more planted but still have my adaptive and be comfortable for my commutes but I don't wanna wear out the adaptive struts much faster.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 03:45 PM   #48
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG_Coupe88 View Post
Looks great. You have M adaptive suspension? I'm considering H&Rs or Dinan springs with bump stops to throw on the stock adaptive shocks, I don't wanna to go full coilovers cause I like the adaptive suspension. So that puts me in a spot where I'm still undecided. I track and autocross, as well as daily drive mine so I want that balance between less body roll, more planted but still have my adaptive and be comfortable for my commutes but I don't wanna wear out the adaptive struts much faster.
Thanks,

Yes it's an m-sport(I think all m-sports come with adaptive susp)

The HnR Super Sports came highly recommended from the guys at mod Bargains for those who just want to do springs. For me it was easy choice since I already have them on my nsx and have had no issues with them and love the looks... I went with the Super Sports because if I was going to spend money on lowering it, I wanted it to be noticeable.... I don't think the Eibach, Dinnan, etc will give you a noticeable enough drop especially if you already have the m-sport suspension.

Anytime you lower a car you are going to give up some comfort, but to some the looks and performance are worth it. I'm lucky enough to live in one of the newer areas of So Cal and the roads are great, so I've had no issues except for the bit of bounce that comes with lowered cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 11:28 PM   #49
JG_Coupe88
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E36 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3   [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks,

The HnR Super Sports came highly recommended from the guys at mod Bargains for those who just want to do springs. For me it was easy choice since I already have them on my nsx and have had no issues with them and love the looks... I went with the Super Sports because if I was going to spend money on lowering it, I wanted it to be noticeable.... I don't think the Eibach, Dinnan, etc will give you a noticeable enough drop especially if you already have the m-sport suspension.

Anytime you lower a car you are going to give up some comfort, but to some the looks and performance are worth it. I'm lucky enough to live in one of the newer areas of So Cal and the roads are great, so I've had no issues except for the bit of bounce that comes with lowered cars.
I thought there was M sports with just the M sport static suspension too but maybe I'm confusing with 3 series option/packages ? Lol you're probably right.
You're also right about it not being really that noticeable with the more modest choices, the Dinan springs barely look dropped at first in pics I've seen. What I meant was not about comfort, I like a stiffer ride I've had some really low cars in the much worse roads of NJ/NY haha straight crater potholes everywhere.

What I meant was more about not wanting to blow those adaptive struts since I like em and they're probably extremely pricey. A thought I've taken into consideration now that I've driven out of warranty this year. But I've heard nothing but good about H&R so that's def in the running and yes I enjoy some good driving in Socal too and track/autoX, I want to be rid of the of body roll lol. Thanks for the input ! That NSX is fiya too.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 10:19 AM   #50
trilltx
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine F32

Quote:
Thanks,

Not necessarily the case. The best way of finding out if you have adaptive suspension is going to https://www.bmwvin.com/, typing in your VIN and searching for 2VF. If its there, you have adaptive. If you dont, youll probably see S704A, which is just the m-sport suspension package.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 05:28 PM   #51
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilltx View Post
Not necessarily the case. The best way of finding out if you have adaptive suspension is going to https://www.bmwvin.com/, typing in your VIN and searching for 2VF. If its there, you have adaptive. If you dont, youll probably see S704A, which is just the m-sport suspension package.

Yeah I might be confused... I still have my window sticker, I'll check it out when I get a chance.

I know I don't have EDC, but I do have the comfort, sport, sport + mode buttons.

What is the difference in the adaptive and m-sport suspension???
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 01:09 PM   #52
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Yeah I might be confused... I still have my window sticker, I'll check it out when I get a chance.

I know I don't have EDC, but I do have the comfort, sport, sport + mode buttons.

What is the difference in the adaptive and m-sport suspension???
Yours is like mine. It changes the steering weight, throttle sensitivity, and opens the exhaust flap. No change in suspension stiffness.

And I've had BC's in the past. Never again. There's a difference in stiff like t he H&R springs, and harsh like BC coils. The ride was horrible, mostly due to the linear springs up front. Great for track duty, but not day to day driving.

I also really enjoyed my H&Rs with stock shocks, and I haven't heard of anyone's shocks failing because of their aftermarket springs. I only upgraded to coilovers because I wanted to go lower. It rides a little softer, but not a game changer. The lower you go, the stiffer/rougher the ride will be. My son still falls asleep in the back without a care in the world.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 1
SoCal_NSX2363.00
      07-23-2018, 10:29 PM   #53
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Yours is like mine. It changes the steering weight, throttle sensitivity, and opens the exhaust flap. No change in suspension stiffness.

And I've had BC's in the past. Never again. There's a difference in stiff like t he H&R springs, and harsh like BC coils. The ride was horrible, mostly due to the linear springs up front. Great for track duty, but not day to day driving.

I also really enjoyed my H&Rs with stock shocks, and I haven't heard of anyone's shocks failing because of their aftermarket springs. I only upgraded to coilovers because I wanted to go lower. It rides a little softer, but not a game changer. The lower you go, the stiffer/rougher the ride will be. My son still falls asleep in the back without a care in the world.
Too cute!! Enjoy it...next thing you know they're asking to drive the BMW
Appreciate 1
kern4174442.00
      07-25-2018, 12:33 AM   #54
TEST DRYVER
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post

Recaro baby seat! For the dad that wants everyone around him to also enjoy Motorsport
Glad the suspension does the trick for your son. My daughter is 2 now (almost worse than a newborn), when she was a newborn and constantly crying, I'd drive her around the block a few times in my Stage lll Golf R (430hp in a car that weighs less than 3k lbs). The boost would calm her down. The boost would come on real hard in that car and pin you back. I'd drive around, hitting boost whenever there was an opening and voila! No more tears!
Now I might not win any awards for greatest dad in that comment, but you're pretty much willing to do almost anything to stop hearing the constant wail of a baby.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 10:40 AM   #55
tacio25
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i

I love this thread!! I just purchased a 2016 328i with the plans to install H&R Super Sports on them in the near future. I don't plan on tracking it, it will be my daily driver for work. The only concern is, with the super sports, how much will camber be affected?
Attached Images

Last edited by tacio25; 03-24-2021 at 10:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 03:47 AM   #56
1932blownhemi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Cpt...

Sport & Super Sport Springs on sale at Tirerack! Mine will be here Monday!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 10:00 PM   #57
captainfast
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 330e 2016

[QUOTE=theblackcat;18657616]
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator335i View Post
Thanks guys for the positive feedback. Just wanted to share my thoughts and photos of what the car would look like when fitted for anyone who wants to go down this path. I went with h&r springs instead of coil overs because.

Mate looks good. But you went Super sports, I was thinking just sports. So you get no rubbing now? I am using the original Msport tyres with M580s 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 but standard it sits too high at the front like they all do.
I had the same thoughts as well to get the sports instead of the super sports mainly because:
1. Roads aren't all that fantastic in Malaysia.
2. I live in a high rise where I'd have to go up and down parking ramps.
3. Lots of speed humps on Malaysian roads.
4. Planning to stick with the current M-sport wheel and tyre combo.

Was hoping to see some pics of anyone that may have used sports instead of super sports springs.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 11:56 AM   #58
Tony1316
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Xdrive

Super Sport springs on the F30

I just bought a car with Super sport H&R springs. And I'm nervous about driving it in Michigan with potholes and some bumpy roads. Does the Under of the car scrape on a normal road for anyone??
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 11:06 AM   #59
BMW BRAD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535d M, F31 328d M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtyp3 View Post
I think Eibach has a factory here in SoCal?
I think they it's in Chino
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 06:01 PM   #60
Danielf30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30

So I just purchased h&r super sport springs and I am wondering if I would rub. I have a 2018 340i non m sport
Wheel set up is
Front 19x9 + 35 on 245
Back 19x10 + 38 on 265
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 02:26 PM   #61
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielf30 View Post
So I just purchased h&r super sport springs and I am wondering if I would rub. I have a 2018 340i non m sport
Wheel set up is
Front 19x9 + 35 on 245
Back 19x10 + 38 on 265
should be fine
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0