F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > MPPK Install BMW Honolulu
ARMA SPEED

07-16-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
Leichardti
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

MPPK Install BMW Honolulu

Aloha! Anyone in Hawaii had the M Performance Power Kit installed by the service techs at BMW of Honolulu? I have placed an order for the MPPK and it's scheduled to arrive this week. Just want some piece of mind that the service techs know how to install it properly. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 02:57 PM   #2
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leichardti View Post
Aloha! Anyone in Hawaii had the M Performance Power Kit installed by the service techs at BMW of Honolulu? I have placed an order for the MPPK and it's scheduled to arrive this week. Just want some piece of mind that the service techs know how to install it properly. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
I wouldn't worry about it. It's just software and a couple other easy changes. If they do botch the install, you'll know, as the car won't be faster!!
      07-17-2018, 02:00 PM   #3
Leichardti
Rep

What did you do with the stock parts after the MPPK install?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 02:40 PM   #4
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:

How much did this cost...just curious. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 02:52 PM   #5
Leichardti
Rep

$1640 minus 10% was the best they could offer. They don't install OEM parts that aren't ordered by them.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 06:01 PM   #6
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What did you do with the stock parts after the MPPK install?
I still have both the lower airbox and engine cover. I'm attempting to sell them locally!
      07-17-2018, 07:29 PM   #7
Leichardti
Rep

Thanks for your replies. The MPPK is currently being installed. Been over 6 hours since there were other cars ahead of mine for servicing. The techs are resetting my ASB due to minor grabbing issues.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #8
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your replies. The MPPK is currently being installed. Been over 6 hours since there were other cars ahead of mine for servicing. The techs are resetting my ASB due to minor grabbing issues.
I noticed that the MPPK took awhile to "adapt". It was a couple of days before I felt it fully.
      07-17-2018, 11:44 PM   #9
Leichardti
Rep

I really hope so. As far as power gains, Ass Dyno is not impressed. Like previous reviews state however, I do notice a lot more exhaust burble and increased throttle response in comfy mode. Still love the car regardless.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 07:41 AM   #10
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I really hope so. As far as power gains, Ass Dyno is not impressed. Like previous reviews state however, I do notice a lot more exhaust burble and increased throttle response in comfy mode. Still love the car regardless.
Yeah. I mentioned that because I was initially dissapointed. Give it some time and you will notice the extra torque. At least you know it was installed correctly!!
      07-18-2018, 10:12 AM   #11
Leichardti
Rep

I'm pretty sure it was installed properly, but unlike some of the feedback about settings being restored to factory default, my date/time, programmed radio stations, seat memory, etc. all remained the same prior to the install.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #12
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it was installed properly, but unlike some of the feedback about settings being restored to factory default, my date/time, programmed radio stations, seat memory, etc. all remained the same prior to the install.
Yep. I don't think they do any work on the computers that control those systems, so settings should have stayed. The fact that you have burbles indicates that it was installed properly.

Are you feeling it more?
      07-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #13
Leichardti
Rep

Not really. On the way to work this morning I opened it up a bit (as I always do) on the on ramp. Pretty much felt like the same pull as when it was stock. So, power wise, still pretty much the same. However, the exhaust must be louder as I turned some heads while in sport + with shifter in M/S yesterday while dropping my son off at the mall. I'm tempted now to get the MPE after I pay off the MPPK. Debating between the MPE or ceramic coating.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 05:48 PM   #14
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdegene View Post
I noticed that the MPPK took awhile to "adapt". It was a couple of days before I felt it fully.
Quote:
Not really. On the way to work this morning I opened it up a bit (as I always do) on the on ramp. Pretty much felt like the same pull as when it was stock. So, power wise, still pretty much the same. However, the exhaust must be louder as I turned some heads while in sport + with shifter in M/S yesterday while dropping my son off at the mall. I'm tempted now to get the MPE after I pay off the MPPK. Debating between the MPE or ceramic coating.
My update took two tank of gas to fully develop (about 700 miles). The increase in exhaust burbles started right away, the performance at first seemed disappointing but I noticed it getting better each time I drove. Where you will really feel the difference is at a mid-range rolling acceleration and at above 5,500 RPM as the car still continues to accelerate vs. the stock flat torque above 5,500 RPM (it used to feel the engine was lacking for air). To take full advantage, add the MPE exhaust and a Dinan intake.

2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet Agate Grey/Black PDK
2019 440i M-Sport Smoke Topaz Metallic/Opel (Sold)
2014 335i M-Sport Black/Beige MPPK/MPE (Totaled)
2013 328i Sport xDrive Imperial Blue/Grey (Sold)
Appreciate 2
Korvo368.00
      07-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #15
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdegene View Post
Quote:
My update took two tank of gas to fully develop (about 700 miles). The increase in exhaust burbles started right away, the performance at first seemed disappointing but I noticed it getting better each time I drove. Where you will really feel the difference is at a mid-range rolling acceleration and at above 5,500 RPM as the car still continues to accelerate vs. the stock flat torque above 5,500 RPM (it used to feel the engine was lacking for air). To take full advantage, add the MPE exhaust and a Dinan intake.
Yes. This description is absolutely perfect.
      07-18-2018, 06:30 PM   #16
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
Little late and slightly different as I have a B58 but I had my MPPSK installed a few months ago and I haven't noticed anything negative as far as installation. My seat memory, trip, and saved stations were reset.

Felt a tiny bit increase of power but I feel it's limited by tires now as they seem to slip a little more with launch control.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 11:59 PM   #17
Leichardti
Rep

On the way home from work today I went up against a F150 SVT. Not sure what year. 2001 maybe. I was just inching ahead but had to let off the throttle at about 1/8 mile since there was an intersection quickly approaching. The last time I did something like this was around 15 years ago. This car is a bad influence on me lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 12:08 AM   #18
Leichardti
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpe View Post
Little late and slightly different as I have a B58 but I had my MPPSK installed a few months ago and I haven't noticed anything negative as far as installation. My seat memory, trip, and saved stations were reset

Felt a tiny bit increase of power but I feel it's limited by tires now as they seem to slip a little more with launch control.
Who was your SA? Jonah? Rick?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 01:29 AM   #19
Leichardti
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
Thanks for your feedback. I really do want to get the mpe, and the intake. I'll remain hopeful that the car's power will eventually get noticeably stronger.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 05:51 AM   #20
bqik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435i

in car settings , where you see hp and torque aren't they udpated?

more HP and Torque?

regards
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 08:48 AM   #21
Leichardti
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bqik View Post
in car settings , where you see hp and torque aren't they udpated?

more HP and Torque?

regards
Prior to the mppk install, I tried to find that screen in my idrive settings but couldn't locate it. Later, I learned that it is only there if you have the navigation package. Unfortunately, I don't have that package.i don't believe that the mppk software includes it, but I'll check. Thank you for your suggestion.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 12:28 PM   #22
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Who was your SA? Jonah? Rick?
Uhh Nick I think.
Appreciate 0