F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Phil Foden
Extreme Powerhouse

05-08-2021, 12:44 AM   #45
2CRO4TV
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM M340i

Garage List
2021 M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330XDave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Have to agree, Sterling seems to have lost his way at the moment.....
It's called the Phil Foden effect
Lol. It's a tournament though so he will find his form as he has had a crap season and needs to prove a point.

Thing is who else is there if grealish is injured?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 11:58 AM   #46
330XDave
Major
Rep
Drives: 330d xDrive Touring

Maddison? Linguard? My Grandad?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 12:15 PM   #47
330XDave
Major
Rep

My goodness Sterling has scored. That'll be it guaranteed starter now for the whole of the Euro's.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 12:24 PM   #48
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
My goodness Sterling has scored. That'll be it guaranteed starter now for the whole of the Euro's.
Aguero not doing much for his marketability today though! An abysmal touch - and fortunate Sterling was behind him to tap-in for the goal - and he almost immediately followed that up with an awful penalty miss. Anyone else and I suspect Pep would be subbing them off at halftime!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 12:30 PM   #49
330XDave
Major
Rep

Quote:
Aguero not doing much for his marketability today though! An abysmal touch - and fortunate Sterling was behind him to tap-in for the goal - and he almost immediately followed that up with an awful penalty miss. Anyone else and I suspect Pep would be subbing them off at halftime!
Yeah, not his greatest few minutes!

And like you say anyone else and the pundits would be ripping in to him but it's Aguero. You don't slate Aguero.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 01:06 PM   #50
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, not his greatest few minutes!

And like you say anyone else and the pundits would be ripping in to him but it's Aguero. You don't slate Aguero.
And that penalty miss might cost City dear - Chelsea now level and perhaps looking the more likely winners!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 02:53 PM   #51
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
I have always loved away games. When younger with my father in law and son (less than 10). For a few years, fill in a weekend and distract from life... now, because I can and havent been able to because of the pandemic... I will be there when we can.

Good luck to Warnock and Pools, we cant catch the latter and as much as I want Stockport to go up, I dont like them so I will hope for Pools..
Well, my bigging them up surely seems to have been the kiss of death today...

Boro look like they were already on holiday which, to be fair, after this weird season, I cannot grumble too much about, really...

Pools looked like it just went a little wrong today... But, hey ho, there's a few games left to at least finish int he top two for some home advantage and fewer play off games...
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 03:37 PM   #52
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Well, my bigging them up surely seems to have been the kiss of death today...

Boro look like they were already on holiday which, to be fair, after this weird season, I cannot grumble too much about, really...

Pools looked like it just went a little wrong today... But, hey ho, there's a few games left to at least finish int he top two for some home advantage and fewer play off games...
I reckon Boro were trying to help Wycombe stay up, shame they didnt concede another 10....

Hartlepool have def blown the tp spot now, I reckon Stockport will come up on the rails and get that. Which probably suits me as we have done rubbish against them all season! But Stockport v Torquay next Saturday is a big game... Sutton should win on Tuesday but Maidenhead next Sat isnt a gimme, so Pools win at Aldershot could open things up again... and then you play Sutton....

Given Notts play Bromley twice and a fair few games involve two of top ten teams, we still have a fair chance of play offs and I am still hoping for a play off final against Pools.... Mind we have another injury today so we may be playing the tea lady by then!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 03:51 PM   #53
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Quote:
I reckon Boro were trying to help Wycombe stay up, shame they didnt concede another 10....
Not sure what was going on today... Plus... One of our players out on loan at Rotherham has tried to keep them up these last two games by scoring the goals... (Lewis Wing)...

Quote:
Hartlepool have def blown the tp spot now, I reckon Stockport will come up on the rails and get that. Which probably suits me as we have done rubbish against them all season! But Stockport v Torquay next Saturday is a big game... Sutton should win on Tuesday but Maidenhead next Sat isnt a gimme, so Pools win at Aldershot could open things up again... and then you play Sutton....

Given Notts play Bromley twice and a fair few games involve two of top ten teams, we still have a fair chance of play offs and I am still hoping for a play off final against Pools.... Mind we have another injury today so we may be playing the tea lady by then!
Still going to be a few twists and turns, I reckon...
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 01:21 AM   #54
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Quote:
Sterling

Have you seen him play this last 6 months?

He's been absolute garbage, he wouldn't even make my squad nevermind 1st team.
Have to agree, Sterling seems to have lost his way at the moment.....
On form, even Greenwood has BoE comeback to a good level. Sterling is doing all the basics right and is always on the end I of things but he's in that phase again he seems to get into, where nothing goes his way. He's not a natural finisher for sure.

Euros will be very interesting...and will Philly Fo pick up first Ballon D'Or to warrant his Messi tag

Also slightly worrying, Messi Lingard might have played his way back in too! Fair play to him, great to see a comeback and if it brings a few to move him on, excellent.