F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Back to BMW
Studio RSR

03-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #1
itofigari
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CP| MW / SO

Back to BMW

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello mates,
Happy to be back after selling my e90 M3 Sedan. Absolutely, hands down, the best car I have ever owned (over my Cayman S)...I've been in a few shenanigans and was on the waiting list for the new M3 but I am not sure If I want to spend $67K again for an M3, especially since it will now be a turbo charged engine when the 335i is also turbo charged and I am sure with proper ECU mods, could become a BEAST.
Anyhow, will have to wait until mid May....already looking into doing:

- "Anthriciting" the 19" wheels
- Front lip spoiler (just found one on Ebay for $350) but advise is appreciated
- ECU upgrade / Chip...recommendations?

Cheers!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #2
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Cayman S << E90 M3 << F80 << F30 335i

Wow that says alot...

I know you dont mean in the absolute sense of it... only relatively..

But still... at least it justifies my purchase too lol
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 08:20 AM   #3
itofigari
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Cayman S << E90 M3 << F80 << F30 335i

Wow that says alot...

I know you dont mean in the absolute sense of it... only relatively..

But still... at least it justifies my purchase too lol
Haha, as far as the M being the best car I've ever owned? 100%. Was lucky enough to have the Cayman S at the same time for a few months and as much as the Porsche was basically a total drivers car, the M with its high revving V8 was simply intoxicating.

Are you planning any immediate upgrades?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #4
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

No advice here. Just saying congrats!

I went from f30 335i to e92 M3 and now back in an f30 335i. You'll love it. This car is no M3, but is in fact better than the M3 in all the areas which matter most to me and not as good as an M3 in all the areas which I did not care much for (tracking, high performance, ...). If that makes sense.

But yes, if you are not mod shy, it should be no problem in getting this car up to an f80 M3 level from a pure power point of view. But at that point you would have spent as much as you would for a base f80 M3, so in my mind defeats the purpose. Either drive the f30 and enjoy it for what it is (INCREDIBLE all arounder) or just pony-up to the M.

Either way, the f30 335i M Sport will be a blast and the 6MT is light years better than the one I had in my e92 M!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
chiefneil
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

I think the m-sport really benefits from the m-perf rear diffuser. The standard m-sport rear diffuser is the most plain of all the F30 lines, imho. I think BMW recommends it in conjunction with the front lip spoiler to maintain aero balance as well.

It's a port-installed option, or there's significantly cheaper replicas available off eBay.

BTW, the m-sport brakes will anthacize your wheels for free with brake dust in a couple weeks
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 11:38 AM   #6
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by itofigari View Post
Haha, as far as the M being the best car I've ever owned? 100%. Was lucky enough to have the Cayman S at the same time for a few months and as much as the Porsche was basically a total drivers car, the M with its high revving V8 was simply intoxicating.

Are you planning any immediate upgrades?
I wish i could put coil overs, but our family just welcome our first born, so the expense is not easily justified with the wife.

So for now, i am just enjoying the car for what it is, just like what Alpinweiss 335i mentionned.

It's plenty quik for me to get into unnecessary troubles.

Your dilemna helps me too, at least i feel better for not being able to buy the M3 or cayman.
This would prove that the F30 is an acceptable compromise for those choices.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #7
itofigari
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinweiss 335i View Post
No advice here. Just saying congrats!

I went from f30 335i to e92 M3 and now back in an f30 335i. You'll love it. This car is no M3, but is in fact better than the M3 in all the areas which matter most to me and not as good as an M3 in all the areas which I did not care much for (tracking, high performance, ...). If that makes sense.

But yes, if you are not mod shy, it should be no problem in getting this car up to an f80 M3 level from a pure power point of view. But at that point you would have spent as much as you would for a base f80 M3, so in my mind defeats the purpose. Either drive the f30 and enjoy it for what it is (INCREDIBLE all arounder) or just pony-up to the M.

Either way, the f30 335i M Sport will be a blast and the 6MT is light years better than the one I had in my e92 M!
Thanks man! Truth is that Im on the VERGE of ponying up for the M3....will define next week. Either way, I know the 335i is an AWESOME car and you are probably right...My E90 M3 was a manual and 2008...first gen...I am sure that the 2014 335i has VAST improvements overall...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #8
itofigari
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefneil View Post
I think the m-sport really benefits from the m-perf rear diffuser. The standard m-sport rear diffuser is the most plain of all the F30 lines, imho. I think BMW recommends it in conjunction with the front lip spoiler to maintain aero balance as well.

It's a port-installed option, or there's significantly cheaper replicas available off eBay.

BTW, the m-sport brakes will anthacize your wheels for free with brake dust in a couple weeks
Agree...and yes, Ebay has a TON of much cheaper versions and it seems from what I have seen in the posts that quality is oK.

haha...well, i am planing on doing Plasti Dip...I painted my Sti's wheel with matte black plasti dip and I have to say they held up very well....wash after wash and what not.
Appreciate 0