F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30 330d 2012 Issues with drivetrain issues car shuts of in reverse
proTUNING Freaks

05-20-2024, 03:36 PM   #1
e1v4n1
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw f30 330d 2013

F30 330d 2012 Issues with drivetrain issues car shuts of in reverse

Hello guys

I have had oil leaks that have been found and taken care of.

Im writing this to hopefully get some help with my bmw,

The problem:

Around 3 months back i had my first Drivetrain message appear, the car didint go into limp mode and no engine light. After a restart of the car it went fine.

Around 2 months ago, the car get drive train message once in 2 weeks and does the same thing. but right before the car gives the message it kind of stardles or engine breaks, sometime once or twice, but a few time during a drive of 1-2km.

This month it has been getting worse, drivetrain comes more often, the shaking "engine breaks" comes intermittendly sometimes more sometimes less. Also a new problem started to appear, when the car is being driven and gets to a full stop and i put in reverse it shuts the engine off.
Normally after that happens it has issues starting up again, could be one time or a few times, after i get it to start it drives.. until the drivetrain message pops and the engine break comes once again.

Took it to the mechanic and intercooler pipes where changed, both in and out of cooler since they had oil leaks and were old. He also replaced the crank sensor hoping it would fix the issue, the reading said 225 times the sensor has been failing.

This was last friday, yesterday i did a longer trip around 100km just to feel the car and see if it was good since i normally ride short distances. It drove like a new car, but at the end of around 50km driving the drivetrain popped up again and engine break again a couple of times. I stopped and looked under the hood, no smell nothing wrong.. started it again and it couldnt start, 3rd time it started but died. 4th time it started and ran fine.

Later that evening it started acting up more and more with the same issues. When in reverse it shuts down intermittendly.

This morning i went to the carwash and the engine light turned yellow after a drivetrain message, the car didint mention limp mode but went really slow with no power..

Tryed it again after a few hours and it seems fine..

What could be wrong? all help is welcome!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2024, 11:34 AM   #2
e1v4n1
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw f30 330d 2013

Bimmerlink with vgate obd fault check

One of the issues im having:
car shakes when break is pushed in "drive mode" then shuts off, goes to neutral. starts after 3rd time, gage moves all by itself. what could it be?

Appreciate 0