F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
proTUNING Freaks

03-04-2021, 11:32 AM   #6667
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

This was a nice surprise today...
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
liam7752.50
Matusov13.50
Frrr6.00
      03-04-2021, 12:36 PM   #6668
IvanK
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Can you have the navigation or any other app in full screen? and then switch back to split screen?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 12:44 PM   #6669
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
Quote:
Can you have the navigation or any other app in full screen? and then switch back to split screen?
No, the screen is split all of the time.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 03:34 PM   #6670
Thewrench86
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 \M sport. F06 640d M Sport

Quote:
This looks amazing what version are u on?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 04:51 PM   #6671
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewrench86 View Post
Quote:
This looks amazing what version are u on?
It is helpful so that you don't lose the navigation view when you go to music or the apps screen. I'm on AA v 6.1.610544.
Appreciate 1
Frrr6.00
      03-04-2021, 05:05 PM   #6672
Willy6215
Rep
Drives: BMW 535D

Cheers guys Siri and those buttons both skip track when in full map mode! ����
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 05:12 PM   #6673
Willy6215
Rep
Drives: BMW 535D

Updated custom firmware!?

Guys is this my latest software or is there anything else out there!?
Currently B2-V2.1.2 on a NBT
TIA
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 06:28 PM   #6674
sbrook02
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 (F15)

Many people complain about echoes for the other caller when using MMI CarPlay. Here is a brief background about acoustic echoes.

Quote:
Acoustic echo originates in a local audio loop back that occurs when a microphone(s), pick up audio signals from a speaker(s), and sends it back to an originating participant. The originating participant will then hear the echo of the participant's own voice as the participant speaks. Acoustic echo can be intensified when sensitive microphone(s) are used, as well as when the microphone and/or speaker volume is turned up to a high level, and also when the microphone and speaker(s) are positioned so that the microphone is close to one or more of the speakers. This echo is aggravated by reflective acoustic echo reflected by walls and/or objects.
[IMG]https://www.adaptivedigital.com/wp-c...3f01ts1nvs.png[/IMG]

Since different cars have different relative positions between speakers and the microphone, there are no one-size-fits-all settings that will work for all car models. The good news is that the MMI boxes provide parameters in the settings to reduce/eliminate echoes.

Quote:
Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC ) is used to cancel acoustic feedback between a speaker and a microphone in loud-speaking audio systems, teleconferencing devices, hands free mobile devices, and voice-controlled systems.
Corresponding to the 3 conditions related to the echo, there are 3 MMI parameters to adjust for acoustic echo cancellation (AEC):
  1. Microphone volume: lower is better but high enough for the other person to hear you
  2. Microphone OP (output) (gain): lower is better
  3. Microphone (AEC) delay: this needs to be adjusted based on your relative position of the microphone to the speakers and other reflective surfaces

And of course the volume of your car stereo during the call will be a factor too: lower is better to reduce echo.

I was able to get rid of the echo without using OEM Bluetooth for my Carlinkit CarPlay. Your milage may vary.

Last edited by sbrook02; 03-04-2021 at 08:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 07:12 PM   #6675
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrook02 View Post
Many people complain about echoes for the other caller when using MMI CarPlay. Here is a brief background about acoustic echoes.

Quote:
Acoustic echo originates in a local audio loop back that occurs when a microphone(s), pick up audio signals from a speaker(s), and sends it back to an originating participant. The originating participant will then hear the echo of the participant's own voice as the participant speaks. Acoustic echo can be intensified when sensitive microphone(s) are used, as well as when the microphone and/or speaker volume is turned up to a high level, and also when the microphone and speaker(s) are positioned so that the microphone is close to one or more of the speakers. This echo is aggravated by reflective acoustic echo reflected by walls and/or objects.
[IMG]https://www.adaptivedigital.com/wp-c...3f01ts1nvs.png[/IMG]

Since different cars have different relative positions between speakers and the microphone, there are no one-size-fits-all settings that will work for all car models. The good news is that the MMI boxes provide parameters in the settings to reduce/eliminate echoes.

Quote:
Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC ) is used to cancel acoustic feedback between a speaker and a microphone in loud-speaking audio systems, teleconferencing devices, hands free mobile devices, and voice-controlled systems.
Corresponding to the 3 conditions related to the echo, there are 3 MMI parameters to adjust for acoustic echo cancellation (AEC):
  1. Microphone volume: lower is better but high enough for the other person to hear you
  2. Microphone OP (output) (gain): lower is better
  3. Microphone (AEC) delay: this needs to be adjusted based on your relative position of the microphone to the speakers and other reflective surfaces

And of course the volume of your car stereo during the call will be a factor too: lower is better to reduce echo.

I was able to get rid of the echo without using OEM Bluetooth for my car. Your milage may vary.
Thanks for the info.

Have you found an advantage to using the mmi's bluetooth connection over the oem Bluetooth for phone calls?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 07:50 PM   #6676
sbrook02
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 (F15)

Quote:
Have you found an advantage to using the mmi's bluetooth connection over the oem Bluetooth for phone calls?
Yes. I can answer the call using iDrive or steering wheel button with MMI. But I have to use the phone to answer the call when "use car bluethooth" is on (as described here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27274146&postcount=6618)

Last edited by sbrook02; 03-04-2021 at 08:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 09:37 PM   #6677
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrook02 View Post
Quote:
Yes. I can answer the call using iDrive or steering wheel button with MMI. But I have to use the phone to answer the call when "use car bluethooth" is on (as described here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27274146&postcount=6618)
I see, is that issue limited to Carplay users using CarlinKit sw only? Or, is that also a problem with those using Carplay with the custom software?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 12:07 AM   #6678
Johnkwick
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
Does anyone have Rear Seat Entertainment and use one of these adapters?

I've just recently found out that using the Android unit I recently got tends to interfere with the RSE system in my 5-series which is a huge problem with kids in the car all the time.
I do, but my kid isn't around (still in the process of making one) so no one sits on the back seat.

Can you please elaborate more about the problem, like how the box interfered with the RSE?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 04:08 AM   #6679
jamesfoley
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 M135i

Just picked up an MMI box for my F21 and its been great so far, though I have a couple of questions.
  1. How do I identify the type of box I have?
    SDK Version: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
    CUST Version: B2_v1.1.2
    MCU Version: 20.10.22.16
    HW Version:
  2. Would I benefit from updating the box at all?
  3. Sometimes when turning the car off I get an orange "No Signal" message pop up on my display. Closing all doors and locking the car does make it go away though and it doesn't always appear when I turn the car off. Is this normal?
  4. Auto light / dark mode, does this work? I have a BMW NBT box as far as I know, but turning the lights on and off doesn't do anything.
  5. When I shift into reverse, the box switches back to iDrive and displays my parking sensors. When I shift back to neutral the car doesn't automatically come out of the parking sensors until I move forward slightly, but I can push "Back" to go back to the iDrive. Problem I have is I seem to be locked out of the MMI box until I move forward. Is there a way to get back into the MMI box when in reverse? (car is manual with rear sensors only)

Appreciate any help on the above questions
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 04:28 AM   #6680
ckarv
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Nice. Did it appear after you updated the app, or was it perhaps enabled server side? As I have the same version (apk), but didn't see this change yet.

Edit: seems to work for me now as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by ckarv; 03-05-2021 at 09:02 AM..
Appreciate 1
muniz_ri447.50
      03-05-2021, 04:53 AM   #6681
vichet168
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i3

JoyeAuto issue with Android 11

Hi all. I have Joyeauto for my i3 for some time and it mostly works with wireless AA till I updated my phone (S20 Ultra) to Android 11. After the update, it no longer connects to my phone - no matter what I have done. I have downgraded the AA app to different versions, trying to delete the connection and reconnect again, trying using USB connection, etc., it just does not connect. I got the connection prompt 2 times after connecting Bluetooth, but seems like it does not connect automatically to WiFi. If I connect via USB cable, it connects for few seconds and then the screen turn black.

My Joyauto firmware version is the latest one - Aug 2020. Trying with their support does not help as they simply asked me to use with other phone.

I noted UAD has updated firmware on 21 Jan 21 which seems to address AA connection issue (at least from update note), but I am not able to download it.

Anyone has lasted UAD firmware (Jan 21) that you can share with me so that I can test it with JoyeAuto device? These two devices look identical.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 09:00 AM   #6682
IvanK
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesfoley View Post
Just picked up an MMI box for my F21 and its been great so far, though I have a couple of questions.
  1. How do I identify the type of box I have?
    SDK Version: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
    CUST Version: B2_v1.1.2
    MCU Version: 20.10.22.16
    HW Version:
  2. Would I benefit from updating the box at all?
  3. Sometimes when turning the car off I get an orange "No Signal" message pop up on my display. Closing all doors and locking the car does make it go away though and it doesn't always appear when I turn the car off. Is this normal?
  4. Auto light / dark mode, does this work? I have a BMW NBT box as far as I know, but turning the lights on and off doesn't do anything.
  5. When I shift into reverse, the box switches back to iDrive and displays my parking sensors. When I shift back to neutral the car doesn't automatically come out of the parking sensors until I move forward slightly, but I can push "Back" to go back to the iDrive. Problem I have is I seem to be locked out of the MMI box until I move forward. Is there a way to get back into the MMI box when in reverse? (car is manual with rear sensors only)

Appreciate any help on the above questions
I can just help you with question number 5. Try pressing the PDC button to go back to MMI view without having to move the car forwards.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 09:10 AM   #6683
jamesfoley
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
I can just help you with question number 5. Try pressing the PDC button to go back to MMI view without having to move the car forwards.
Unfortunately I only have rear sensors which means I don't have the PDC button on the centre console

Looking through this thread I managed to find some posts that reference a Reverse setting which allows you to close the reverse screen with the menu button. I'm guessing this is what I need, but my MMI box doesn't seem to have this option.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 09:17 AM   #6684
chuy409
Rep
Drives: 2011 m3

I just installed an andream unit on my e90. I wanted to know if there is a newer update or a custom one to mine.

CUST Version:CHL_V1.1.5
MCU Version: 20.12.1.16
HW Version: BMW_CICHL
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 09:51 AM   #6685
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkwick View Post
I do, but my kid isn't around (still in the process of making one) so no one sits on the back seat.

Can you please elaborate more about the problem, like how the box interfered with the RSE?
Well, the biggest problem I'd been having was when I'd flip over to the Android side to use apps or CarPlay, it'll stop whatever is playing on the rear seat screens. It's likely a side effect of the MCU forcing the OEM system to a safe screen as to not do weird things while you're using the iDrive wheel on the Android system.

I ordered a RoadTop MMI unit (which will arrive today via Amazon) to try out to see if these MMI boxes tend to work a bit better.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 12:51 PM   #6686
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersbud View Post
I was wondering what this fault was lol. ISTA basically saying to simply 'ignore' this fault & nothing to be alarmed about.
I got error numbers in Deep OBD app for Android, this freeware tool is based on BMW Inpa-Ediabas.

It seems Andream does't handle the sleep mode well. I've got no problems with deep discharging the accu.

Onjuist inslapen is dutch language for 'falling asleep incorrectly'
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1614970037

Andream B2 NBT with latest firmware.
Attached Images

Last edited by RAAF12; 03-05-2021 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2021, 03:39 PM   #6687
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAF12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersbud View Post
I was wondering what this fault was lol. ISTA basically saying to simply 'ignore' this fault & nothing to be alarmed about.
I got error numbers in Deep OBD app for Android, this freeware tool is based on BMW Inpa-Ediabas.

It seems Andream does't handle the sleep mode well. I've got no problems with deep discharging the accu.

Onjuist inslapen is dutch language for 'falling asleep incorrectly'
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...8;d=1614970037

Andream B2 NBT with latest firmware.
Same error if you would bypass the mmi (after clearing the code)?

Per ISTA - my invalid cid image (or whatever it said) is safe for me to ignore, so I will lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 04:56 PM   #6688
ImpX
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:

I've got the dual screen working after clearing cache .

But did anyone of you get the Auto DAY/Night mode working on Android Auto? (not Carplay). On either Andream or Carlinkit.

Btw regarding the discharge, I noticed that it works differently after upgrading to 1.12(Andream), on 1.04 it would turn off correctly.
Appreciate 0