F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Low turbo boost 120308 FC
GetBMWParts

07-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #1
Ali_g100
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 2016

Low turbo boost 120308 FC

Hey,

I went to BMW dealer whit this 120308 FC for low boost several times. First they changed the MAP sensor, still getting same code. Next they updated the CPU software, still gets same code. Than they check for leakage, found nothing. They told me that they also disconnected the chargepipe and looked into the turbine and there is no damage.

Is it really that simple to check the turbo just by looking at the turbine and say its just fine? There is also a lot of wastegate rattle on cold engine that i think may have to do wtih the low boost code.

The dealer now tells me that they need to change the MAP sensor AGAIN and reprogram the car. I told them there is no need to change MAP 2 times. Than he told me there is 2 diffrent MAP sensors on the car????? I did check the new MAP they have ordered and its only 1.5 bar pressure MAP sensor. The one on my car is 3.5 bar.

I think there is something strange here. It feels like they are trying to cover the issue rather than fixing it. I think they want to downgrade the MAP sensor so the sensor wont sense the low boost and dont throw codes anymore. I may be wrong.

Anybody have any experience? Any suggestion?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0