F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > When will it start?
proTUNING Freaks

08-13-2013, 04:20 AM   #1
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon

When will it start?

Got my motor on a 4 year PCP (very decent finance rate IMO) with the intention of changing after 3 but safe in knowledge no decision needed for 4 years.

Just wondered from other owners experience when the contact from BMW is likely to start? Do they have a fixed point before your deal expires or do they like to contact you throughout the deal trying to tempt you to change very early? I guess if the latter then is there normally a decent amount of equity even early on in the PCP deals?

I'm very open at this stage (as you'd probably expect so early into my current deal - less than 6 months) as to what my next car will be. With BMW i'd be tempted by a 330d, maybe the next gen X1, a 4 series, the forthcoming 2 series or maybe a 1 series even (depending on the right engine, drivetrain and the 8AT box being available).
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
TripleD
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi S4 Avant

You'll probably constantly be on the local dealer mailing list, even after 6 months they'll try and move you into a new car if they can as it makes there numbers better, but ultimately it's down to you and the sort of equity you have in the car.

I'd say 3 - 3.5 years you should be breaking even, but don't expect a lot of equity to be in your car at the end of the PCP deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #3
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I think my Audi had maybe £2k equity at the end of it's three year deal (although in real terms i actually got more). Are you suggesting that BMW don't leave that much in?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #4
TripleD
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi S4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreemer View Post
Are you suggesting that BMW don't leave that much in?
Well it depends on the market, spec of car, and finance deal you got, and of course whether you want to change before the 4 year term is up.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
languidmandala
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 320d xdrive Sport MT

Depends on the offers on new vehicles. When I bought my F30 the sales guy told me they were bringing in 2 year old e93 owners and selling them new e93s with lower monthly repayments.
I guess it also depends on how much deposit you paid.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

On past cars I guess i have just had a quick look at an online valuation guide and deducted the amount I have outstanding less the final payment, it's never proven that far off and as i have looked after my cars they tend to demand a decent price.
Appreciate 0