F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Dealer charges
proTUNING Freaks

02-17-2019, 02:25 PM   #1
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Dealer charges

Are these charges all mandatory? Feel a bit too high. I am in Toronto. Leasing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 04:54 PM   #2
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
Lets go through them one by one...

Ride Green Certified - Never heard of it until I Googled it; it's not a mandatory fee and they fill the tires with nitrogen (I think); I call BS and have it removed (this kind of stuff makes my blood boil)

Gas/Wheel Locks: weird they lumped this into one; I've always seen it separated. You could tell them you don't want wheel locks so they shouldn't charge you for it but they'll always charge you a tank of gas on delivery... can you believe they charged me $100 for my first tank of gas?

Freight - I think it's a tad bit more expensive for a larger vehicle; mine was $985

PDI - AFAIK, $1,295 is standard for BMW dealers

Admin Fee - $399 is ridiculous but I paid the same amount 3 years ago for my 340i, always annoyed the hell out of me...

Ontario Tire Stewardship - depends on the type of vehicle you're purchasing but isn't an X5/X6 considered as a passenger vehicle?

A/C Tax - $100 is set by Ontario

Excessive Wear & Use - this is an optional protection package; I don't see why this would be mandatory since you have to sign papers to agree to the package. I've never leased a vehicle so I can't comment if you'd want to get it or not... I personally stay away from these sorts of packages.

OMVIC transaction fee - $10 is for registration of the vehicle
      02-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #3
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post
Lets go through them one by one...

What is Ride Green Certified? - never heard of it.

Gas/Wheel Locks: weird they lumped this into one; I've always seen it separated. You could tell them you don't want wheel locks so they shouldn't charge you for it but they'll always charge you a tank of gas on delivery... can you believe they charged me $100 for my first tank of gas?

Freight - I think it's a tad bit more expensive for a larger vehicle; mine was $985

PDI - AFAIK, $1,295 is standard for BMW dealers

Admin Fee - $399 is ridiculous but I paid the same amount 3 years ago for my 340i, always annoyed the hell out of me...

Ontario Tire Stewardship - depends on the type of vehicle you're purchasing but isn't an X5/X6 considered as a passenger vehicle?

A/C Tax - $100 is set by Ontario

Excessive Wear & Use - this is an optional protection package; I don't see why this would be mandatory since you have to sign papers to agree to the package. I've never leased a vehicle so I can't comment if you'd want to get it or not... I personally stay away from these sorts of packages.

OMVIC transaction fee - $10 is for registration of the vehicle
This was for my 530e quote last year. Ride Green is nitrogen tire inflation which is stupid. Admin is dealer cash grab. Wear pkg is for lease return protection which is a must I think.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
This was for my 530e quote last year. Ride Green is nitrogen tire inflation which is stupid
Hah! No wonder they're throwing that "Ride Green Certified" BS in there - customer assumes it's mandatory because it's an electric/"green" vehicle even though it has nothing to do with it.

To others who are reading this... ALWAYS ask your sales rep to explain each line item before you sign!

EDIT: Oh, and I'm still confused why they were asking for a Ontario Tire Stewardship Fee (TSF) because passenger & light truck tires don't have a TSF as per: http://rethinktires.ca/program-parti....HEiBSpiF.dpbs

Last edited by DrifterX; 02-17-2019 at 05:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 05:06 PM   #5
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
This was for my 530e quote last year. Ride Green is nitrogen tire inflation which is stupid
Hah! No wonder they're throwing that "Ride Green Certified" BS in there - customer assumes it's mandatory because it's an electric/"green" vehicle even though it has nothing to do with it.

To others who are reading this... ALWAYS ask your sales rep to explain each line item before you sign!
I think beside ride green and wheel lock, others i have to pay. Wheel lock is useless if the thief really want to steal your wheel. If they are willing to invest in jack and breaker bar, they will get wheel lock keys too.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 11:24 AM   #6
tokic_o
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 / F36 430i / E92 M3

The Excess Wear & Use package is optional. If you don't want it you can definitely ask them to remove it.

However, I also lease my car and I purchased it as it covers up to $7.5K of damages upon lease return (includes replacing tires! Doesn't include replacing brakes though). Personally, I believe I paid a bit less (since my lease is a 4 series) but around the same for the package. Look it up on google because it covers a lot and may be worthwhile for you like it was for me.
Appreciate 1
stvding662.00