F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Need help with the SRS module on F32
proTUNING Freaks

02-26-2019, 02:32 AM   #1
Choto
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i

Need help with the SRS module on F32

I bought a salvaged 2018 430i with M package. I have it running, everything is good engine wise. I already replaced the belt tensioners. I am down to the Airbags, which seem to have been replaced. However, my question is related to the SRS module. The airbags seem to be OK but I am still getting codes for Driver's side head airbag, knee airbag and main front airbag. Does the SRS module have to be reset or replaced? Where is it located in this model? It's my first Bimmer so I would appreciate a little help. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 06:55 AM   #2
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choto View Post
I bought a salvaged 2018 430i with M package. I have it running, everything is good engine wise. I already replaced the belt tensioners. I am down to the Airbags, which seem to have been replaced. However, my question is related to the SRS module. The airbags seem to be OK but I am still getting codes for Driver's side head airbag, knee airbag and main front airbag. Does the SRS module have to be reset or replaced? Where is it located in this model? It's my first Bimmer so I would appreciate a little help. Thanks in advance.
U prolly need to download ista+. If this ur first bmw id get it n get used to it. Prolly need to b reset if there isn't any other issues with them. Idk tho 100%
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 05:28 PM   #3
Choto
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhnblckwood View Post
U prolly need to download ista+. If this ur first bmw id get it n get used to it. Prolly need to b reset if there isn't any other issues with them. Idk tho 100%
Thank bro. I will do that. Any links to Ista+?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 05:43 PM   #4
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choto View Post
Quote:
Thank bro. I will do that. Any links to Ista+?
Jus ask for it in the diagnostic software thread. Someone will sene u a link, most likely Shawn. I don't have one off hand sorry. Warning they big files n make sure to follow the installation process exactly. Goodluck
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 05:58 PM   #5
Choto
Rep

Quote:
Jus ask for it in the diagnostic software thread. Someone will sene u a link, most likely Shawn. I don't have one off hand sorry. Warning they big files n make sure to follow the installation process exactly. Goodluck
Thanks brotha, will do.
Appreciate 0