F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Activ Auto Gaithersburg
GetBMWParts

09-07-2021, 12:14 PM   #1
Tomo366
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328D

Garage List
2014 BMW 328D  [0.00]
Activ Auto Gaithersburg

Does anyone here know what happened with Kevin from Activ Auto in Gaithersburg MD? I know he was a supporter of Capital Area BMW Club Branch!
I went there Last week and was told he was no longer there….
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 11:42 PM   #2
rahlow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo366 View Post
Does anyone here know what happened with Kevin from Activ Auto in Gaithersburg MD? I know he was a supporter of Capital Area BMW Club Branch!
I went there Last week and was told he was no longer there….
Yeah man same with me. I used to go there for all my work on my 340i and found out around the same time he wasnt there. I was pretty disappointed as hes been pn my bimmer journey the whole time tune by tune part by part and im runnin mid 11s with his help and now hes gone. If u find out anything let me know
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 01:12 PM   #3
Tomo366
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328D

Garage List
2014 BMW 328D  [0.00]
The Folks there now don’t seem as friendly and Prices are off the wall
Huge difference from before
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 03:32 PM   #4
WagonHo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Sport Wagon

Garage List
DC/MD/VA Indie Shop Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo366 View Post
The Folks there now don’t seem as friendly and Prices are off the wall
Huge difference from before

I finally collected all the parts to upgrade the brakes and springs on my Wagon. I have a complete set of M-Sport brakes (all OEM calipers, rotors, front dust shields, S/S lines, wear sensors, Hawk pads) and Dinan springs/bump stops to install. I had been planning on talking to Aktiv about installing them In light of the recent discussion, I wonder if anyone can recommend a local shop that might be willing, reasonable and reliable to work with. I'm in the Potomac/Gaithersburg area. Factory maintenance is running out, so it may be kind of an audition for becoming my regular shop going forward, too, I guess.

I got the clear message that Excluservice will not install parts that you bring them (I understand entirely). I reached out to S2 and asked and never got any reply. I have heard of Zimmerman's but don't have a clear sense of what people think of them.

Any recommendations or warnings about the options in this area? Thanks!
2004 B5.5 Volkswagen Passat GLS Wagon | Northern Green | 5-Speed Manual (sold - 2016)
BMW CCA | National Capital Chapter since 2019 - SCCA | Washington DC Region since 2021
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 12:15 PM   #5
Stucks
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonHo View Post
I finally collected all the parts to upgrade the brakes and springs on my Wagon. I have a complete set of M-Sport brakes (all OEM calipers, rotors, front dust shields, S/S lines, wear sensors, Hawk pads) and Dinan springs/bump stops to install. I had been planning on talking to Aktiv about installing them In light of the recent discussion, I wonder if anyone can recommend a local shop that might be willing, reasonable and reliable to work with. I'm in the Potomac/Gaithersburg area. Factory maintenance is running out, so it may be kind of an audition for becoming my regular shop going forward, too, I guess.

I got the clear message that Excluservice will not install parts that you bring them (I understand entirely). I reached out to S2 and asked and never got any reply. I have heard of Zimmerman's but don't have a clear sense of what people think of them.

Any recommendations or warnings about the options in this area? Thanks!
+1.

Many shops dont want to install parts that you supply them. sucks, but i get why they are like that. I too am always interested to hear of places local that are experienced with bmws and german vehicles just in case my buddy isn't available to take care of me.

I looked at Scandinavian import servicecenter for a lowering spring install and alignment, but was quoted like 1500 bucks (only labor, that is with me supplying the lowering springs).....ended up having it done by a friend and saved a lot of money.
Appreciate 1
WagonHo544.50