F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Thoughts and ideas please guys
Extreme Powerhouse

09-18-2021, 11:16 AM   #1
Wilko84
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d f30

Thoughts and ideas please guys

Hi All

Fitted a few parts to my car today. I loved the mirrors when I bought them and once fitted thought they made the car look a bit more aggressive. My wife thought they looked out of place and it's got me second guessing now. I'm booked in for tints in a couple of weeks and hoped they would suit more once car is darker. Really like the smoked sequential repeaters though

Also, got the shark fin carbon cover and the spoiler but not fitted them yet, just placed them in position. Really not sure on the spoiler but maybe when tints are on it would look OK?

Thoughts please guys, would appreciate some help from the experts

Thanks
Steve
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 09:25 PM   #2
ooshnoo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i and 2018 X5

Garage List
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
2014 BMW 428i  [10.00]
It's your car, dude. If you like it, that's all that matters.

09-23-2021, 01:48 PM   #3
Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep
Drives: 06 e91 325ix

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2006 Mini r53 JCW  [0.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
Yep. I’d color match them all but that’s MY preference. I stopped liking cf trim when it became fashionable instead of purposeful.

A few OEM+ mods:
MTech front bumper, MSport wheel & handbrake, 4AD trim, full rear shades, more to come…
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 04:49 PM   #4
MagnusAG99
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330e

IMO
i dont really feel like those M3 lookalike mirror covers fit the regular F30 at all. The F30 just isnt aggressive enough to go crazy with angles like the F80. If the car is lowered, got an M3 or M2 style front bumper, over-done exhaust and got wider rear quarter panels, thats when i feel like having those "crazy angled" mirror covers actually fits. Im also not a fan of over done carbon fiber, on grey and white cars i feel like black accents fits way better and doesnt scream "look at me", like on your car i feel like all the pieces you have bought wouldve looked way better in black. Non-functional carbon fiber pieces i feel like is only "justifiable" to use on black cars where you cant add black accents.

Wing itself i got no problems with, it looks good. Its just the carbon fibre that bothers me a little. But if you think it looks good then go for it.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 02:59 AM   #5
Wilko84
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post
Yep. I'd color match them all but that's MY preference. I stopped liking cf trim when it became fashionable instead of purposeful.
Thanks for your opinion mate, I thought about colour matching the wing but decided against it.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 03:03 AM   #6
Wilko84
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusAG99 View Post
IMO
i dont really feel like those M3 lookalike mirror covers fit the regular F30 at all. The F30 just isnt aggressive enough to go crazy with angles like the F80. If the car is lowered, got an M3 or M2 style front bumper, over-done exhaust and got wider rear quarter panels, thats when i feel like having those "crazy angled" mirror covers actually fits. Im also not a fan of over done carbon fiber, on grey and white cars i feel like black accents fits way better and doesnt scream "look at me", like on your car i feel like all the pieces you have bought wouldve looked way better in black. Non-functional carbon fiber pieces i feel like is only "justifiable" to use on black cars where you cant add black accents.

Wing itself i got no problems with, it looks good. Its just the carbon fibre that bothers me a little. But if you think it looks good then go for it.
Thanks Magnus

I fitted the wing etc a few days ago and had time to keep looking at it to see how I feel. I also have got my windows tinted slightly so that the darkness of the carbon fibre accents blend into the colours a bit more and the silver flecks of the carbon blend in with the paint. Much more happy with how it looks.

The mirrors, I initially really liked but slowly started to think they don't suit. Whilst I like the carbon look, Im going to order stock carbon fibre replacements.

Here's how the car is sitting at the moment
Appreciate 0