F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > MHD burbles on sports cat bad?
Studio RSR

10-14-2021, 07:16 AM   #1
F36 435i M
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i GC

MHD burbles on sports cat bad?

Hi guys,

I apologise if this has been asked before but haven’t seen many decent recent posts asking this. I am currently running MHD burbles on medium at 1.0 seconds, today I’ve just changed it to soft. I did use the aggressive setting for the first 2 days to see how it would sound and it was CRAZY! Even in medium the bangs were quite loud in sports plus manual mode. Now that it’s in the soft mode it has been toned down quite a bit.

Does anyone run medium burbles at 1.0 sec on a sports cat or stock cat? Just wanted to know if it still damages the cat quite badly? And am I best just to keep it on soft or even OEM? I don’t wish to go catless due to legal reasons.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 08:43 AM   #2
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

I think you can intuitively tell that igniting fuel downstream of the combustion chamber is not good for the equipment experiencing that. That would include the turbo, headers, catalyst, O2 sensors would likely accelerate wear and tear not to mention waste alil gas and amplifying the ricing factor. I turned my burbles off but if you stick with similar level of the overruns the stock tune provides and not run aggressive it may be ok.
Appreciate 1
Wires1644.00