F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N55 eBay turbo cartridges
ARMA SPEED

07-15-2023, 06:33 PM   #1
Jimmyf30THREE20I
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320i

N55 eBay turbo cartridges

I picked up a second hand turbo and notice it has shaft play I've been looking at turbo cartrages on eBay haven't heard much about them not trying to put bad parts on my car either if anyone has any input on what I should do let me know not trying to buy a brand new turbo. Looking for a place to rebuild the one I have just don't know where to go. 2013 f30 335xi
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 01:35 AM   #2
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyf30THREE20I View Post
I picked up a second hand turbo and notice it has shaft play I've been looking at turbo cartrages on eBay haven't heard much about them not trying to put bad parts on my car either if anyone has any input on what I should do let me know not trying to buy a brand new turbo. Looking for a place to rebuild the one I have just don't know where to go. 2013 f30 335xi
Don't waste your time with that eBay garbage. I bought one CHRA before and took it apart catalogued all the pieces; turns out one of the final spacers/washers was missing. If you have shaft play, go look up Turbo Labs of America and contact them to send you a rebuild kit. Most journal bearing turbo's are similar enough that if you see TLA show you how to take apart a turbo, you can handle them all. TLA's rebuild kit will get you a few upgraded parts such as improved oil distribution disc and better thrust bearing, etc.
Appreciate 0