F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > USB/Aux-in socket
Studio RSR

07-19-2022, 12:53 PM   #1
vegaR34
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 435I m-sport xdrive

USB/Aux-in socket

Hi has anyone had to change the usb/aux port. I recently picked up my F36 and the previous owner jammed something in the usb port. I tried looking for tutorial videos but have not found any! Any help would be great thank you I already order the replacement piece but I just need to find out how to swap it in [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 01:59 PM   #2
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

Look on eBay first. In the UK at least you can get used ports for the equivalent of about $20.

If it’s anything like on the F30, which it looks to be, you can pull out the entire piece of plastic tray/trim in the armrest compartment with the port intact. A trim removal tool or even a piece of plastic like an old credit card will help. From there you can just push the port out of the trim piece.

Might even find with the old port out of the car that you can dislodge whatever is stuck in it with a knife or something.
Appreciate 2
jsouth112.00
      07-19-2022, 05:40 PM   #3
vegaR34
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 435I m-sport xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zheez View Post
Look on eBay first. In the UK at least you can get used ports for the equivalent of about $20.

If it’s anything like on the F30, which it looks to be, you can pull out the entire piece of plastic tray/trim in the armrest compartment with the port intact. A trim removal tool or even a piece of plastic like an old credit card will help. From there you can just push the port out of the trim piece.

Might even find with the old port out of the car that you can dislodge whatever is stuck in it with a knife or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zheez View Post

If it's anything like on the F30, which it looks to be, you can pull out the entire piece of plastic tray/trim in the armrest compartment with the port intact. A trim removal tool or even a piece of plastic like an old credit card will help. From there you can just push the port out of the trim piece.

Thank so much! I'll try it out!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 06:57 PM   #4
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Let us know if you get the part. ECS Tuning bought Turner Motor Sports and ECS is notorious for slow/never shipping.

ECS is a 23 minute drive from my house. I still avoid them.
Appreciate 0