F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > ESys C157
Studio RSR

09-13-2015, 12:44 PM   #1
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

ESys C157

Hey guys,

I just upgraded my laptop's storage from a traditional rotational hard drive to a Solid state drive. I cloned my old hard drive to my new one, so the data and everything is exactly the same. However, one problem is E-Sys. I am able to connect to a car and read coding values, but I am not able to edit these values, always getting the C157 error. At first I thought it's the Launcher V2.0 causing problems, so I uninstalled it and installed v1.05 with E-Sys 3.26.1. I am now able to type in my PIN to FDL code, but then end up with the same C157 error. I am opening the application through the E-Sys launcher premium and my token directory is set in E-Sys. I have over and over deleted and reset the token but no success. Can anyone help? Here is the attached error code. Already tried the run as administrator.

"EstCmException: Condition Not Correct. General error.

__________________________________________________ ___
com.bmw.esys.commons.exception.EsysException: An error occurred while processing the EST file "C:\Data\FreeToken.est". See details for more information. [C157]
at com.bmw.esys.commons.SecurityHandler.openEst(Secur ityHandler.java:76)
at com.bmw.esys.gui.control.EsysController.openModule (EsysController.java:161)
at com.bmw.esys.gui.svt.SvtCompareController.editFdl( SvtCompareController.java:1054)
at com.bmw.esys.gui.svt.SvtCompareView$EditFdlAction. doActionPerformed(SvtCompareView.java:342)
at com.bmw.esys.gui.AbstractView$AbstractGuiAction.ac tionPerformed(AbstractView.java:233)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unk nown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed (Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed (Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unk nown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mou seReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent( Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(U nknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unkno wn Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectio nPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectio nPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.bmw.est.cm.exception.EstCmException: Condition Not Correct. General error.
at com.bmw.est.cm.core.ESTCM.open(Unknown Source)
at com.bmw.esys.commons.SecurityHandler.openEst(Secur ityHandler.java:70)
... 43 more
"

Last edited by 963mw; 09-13-2015 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #2
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

If you had already uninstalled both the Launch and E-Sys and deleted any files written by them, and reinstalled a clean copy along with the latest Java, then I'm not sure there is much else to try.

I would also try changing your computer date forward a bit. Whenever I would get a 'General Error', I would have to change the date forward quite a bit until it worked. I eventually reinstalled my entire OS which fixed that from happening anymore.

Also, it could possibly be a cause from cloning your data. I always ran into odd unexplainable problems when cloning a Windows drive to a new drive.
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2015, 03:33 PM   #3
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsifer
If you had already uninstalled both the Launch and E-Sys and deleted any files written by them, and reinstalled a clean copy along with the latest Java, then I'm not sure there is much else to try.

I would also try changing your computer date forward a bit. Whenever I would get a 'General Error', I would have to change the date forward quite a bit until it worked. I eventually reinstalled my entire OS which fixed that from happening anymore.

Also, it could possibly be a cause from cloning your data. I always ran into odd unexplainable problems when cloning a Windows drive to a new drive.
Going to try creating a new user tomorrow to see if that sorts it out.
      09-14-2015, 03:42 PM   #4
FTM
Rep
Drives: Coded Black Saphire Metallic

From the blog:
"[C157] Condition Not Correct. General error.
If you are getting code 157 when trying to open FDL editor, and the description is "Condition Not Correct. General error.", stop playing with the computer's date. Launchers will detect this and will consider it tampering and will refuse to authenticate with E-Sys.

Resolution: Fix date and reinstall E-Sys. "

You can move the date forward, but not back.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 04:07 PM   #5
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTM View Post
From the blog:
"[C157] Condition Not Correct. General error.
If you are getting code 157 when trying to open FDL editor, and the description is "Condition Not Correct. General error.", stop playing with the computer's date. Launchers will detect this and will consider it tampering and will refuse to authenticate with E-Sys.

Resolution: Fix date and reinstall E-Sys. "

You can move the date forward, but not back.
Fixed it so far by creating a new user and using E-Sys from there. Going to try and copy the token and see how that works tomorrow!
      09-14-2015, 05:19 PM   #6
FTM
Rep

You can't use a token generated from one PC to another, if that is what you meant. It will only work from the machine that generated it.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 05:20 PM   #7
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You can't use a token generated from one PC to another, if that is what you meant. It will only work from the machine that generated it.
Will it differ from user to user? Won't it be registered to the "same" computer then? If it doesn't work, guess I have to either create a new user and live with it or keep a new user simply for coding.
      09-14-2015, 05:28 PM   #8
FTM
Rep

Oh, you mean same machine, different user account. The Launcher itself, will work. You probably don't need activation code, but if you did, it will still work. The token however will not, as different account means different encryption/decryption key. And you set the date to correct settings before you generated the token, right?
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2015, 05:29 PM   #9
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh, you mean same machine, different user account. The Launcher itself, will work. You probably don't need activation code, but if you did, it will still work. The token however will not, as different account means different encryption/decryption key. And you set the date to correct settings before you generated the token, right?
Proper date, going to try advancing date on my actual account if the copied token doesn't work.