F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Squeaky creaky interior help!
GetBMWParts

09-16-2021, 10:09 PM   #1
redyellowgreenblue
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

Squeaky creaky interior help!

Hi all! I have a 2016 328i that I got CPO about a year and a half ago. It's very creaky and squeaky inside! The squeaks and creaks I'm particularly annoyed by are come from the silver plastic pieces that run horizontally above the door handle - I'm not sure what they're called - they house the lights that shine down on the door panels. Anyhow, that strip, on all the doors, is SO creaky. If I push on it at all it creaks. If I go over a bumpy road (which is every road in LA) it creaks. All the doors do this. Does anyone else experience this, and if so have you been able to fix it?? I'm on the verge of selling the car because it's so insanely distracting. Any thoughts or info anyone has would be super helpful. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 11:56 PM   #2
ashkanvafaee2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Double check that the creek is really coming from those strips and not the black seals around the doors. This video should be helpful for that:

For door pin rattle (if you have it) this is a good fix:

For all other creeks that you encounter, you can get a plastic trim removal kit and DIY it.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 11:58 PM   #3
redyellowgreenblue
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkanvafaee2 View Post
Double check that the creek is really coming from those strips and not the black seals around the doors. This video should be helpful for that:

For door pin rattle (if you have it) this is a good fix:

For all other creeks that you encounter, you can get a plastic trim removal kit and DIY it.
Thanks I'll check those videos out. I know it's coming from the pieces I noted because when j press on those pieces it makes the sound. Super annoying.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 07:37 PM   #4
redyellowgreenblue
Rep

No one else? The wooden trim on the door handles creaks like crazy, too. So frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 09:06 PM   #5
AllaVodka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW B58

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyellowgreenblue View Post
No one else? The wooden trim on the door handles creaks like crazy, too. So frustrating.
My shit creeks and I have the door tape from the dealership
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 09:35 PM   #6
redyellowgreenblue
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllaVodka View Post
Quote:
My shit creeks and I have the door tape from the dealership
Haaa so annoying. Every time I hit a bump.. LOUD CREAKS from like 4 different places. If I lean my leg against the door handle or silver lighting strip it's the same creaks.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2021, 10:39 AM   #7
Walker_CW
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i xDrive

Quote:
Haaa so annoying. Every time I hit a bump.. LOUD CREAKS from like 4 different places. If I lean my leg against the door handle or silver lighting strip it's the same creaks.
I have the same issue.

Anyone else? I've done the door pins and door tape, made no difference.
Appreciate 0