F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > P115d fault code
ARMA SPEED

11-04-2023, 08:01 AM   #23
alexstrong29
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 430d 2018

Talking Resolved p115d issue - MAF Measured air mass too high

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-tomo View Post
Alright guys so I've had my 320d 2 weeks now n it's came up with engine management light, and car running weird in lower speeds ( hesitation around 30-45 mph around 3rd n 4th gear, I plugged it in got the p115d code to which I replaced the maf sensor with new one and it's still having the same problems lights back on and the engine feels hesitant again at certain speeds 😕 Any advice guys ? Anyone had this ?

I there, I started with this issue over a year ago. Engine management light on and code reading as p115d indicating MAF sensor.

Strangely about 2 years ago I had the same issue but it went in for its recall and had the EGR cooler changed. The light went away and a year later came back on. My local mechanic did a smoke test to check if there were any leaks and there weren't any. Changed the MAF sensor and was then at a loss.

I took matters into my own hands and got a laptop all setup with INSTA to connect to the car directly and read it myself. It was quite tricky to get all the software working properly but I am a software guy so eventually got it all connected and reading info from the car.

I had a few errors show up that weren't read by my OBD wifi dongle thing. I could see the error related to the MAF sensor but initially it was pointing towards an injector needing to be replaced.
View post on imgur.com

I'm not sure why this wasn't shown up on the basic OBD dongle but probably because BMW want you to go and get the car read at $$$ at a service centre.

I made a plan and bought two bottles of Wynns diesel injector cleaner and one bottle of wynns turbo / egr cleaner. My plan was to do a tank each for the two injector cleaners and then lastly the turbo / egr cleaner. I have always had a hunch it was related to the egr valve getting a build up of soot or something inside it because the issue went away for a year after the egr cooler was changed. Anyway, got to the third tank of fuel a quarter left (this was the one with the turbo / egr valve cleaner in) and then the light went off.

It's been a couple of days since and the light is still off so I am hoping that my plan worked as the light had been on for a solid year beforehand. My car has done just over 50k miles and had no symptoms which is what really got me stuck. I hope this post helps someone as it would have helped me.

Here are some other screenshots I took of INSTA. I'd highly recommend any BMW owner getting setup with this as it was so easy once I got through the pain of getting it setup.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0