F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > 3GT ISOfix top tether
ARMA SPEED

08-31-2016, 03:19 PM   #1
Jed Flash
Rep
Drives: 320i GT Xdrive

3GT ISOfix top tether

Hi,

So baby number 2 is on the way and have just purchased another car seat for baby number 1 to move into.

Anyway to cut a long story short the new car seat requires 3 ISOfix points. 1 and 2 are easy to find and identify as these are the usual points accessed from the back seat, located where the bottom of the seat meets the back. They are hidden behind the 2 bits of plastic marked with a baby carrier picture.

My problem is identifying the 3rd top tether ISOfix point. There is no piece of plastic covering anything on the top or back of the seat and or the floor of the boot. There are a few hooks and bars that you could latch this onto but i want to make sure i'm using the correct point as i want it to be as safe as possible.

Could someone point me in the right direction to which is the top tether ISOfix point?

I have to say the space in this car makes me smile every time we go away, had 2 adults and a baby seat in the back and prams and all luggage for 4 and still had space available. The amount of comments i get about the leg room and me being 6ft4 i dont even need the seat all the way back. Ive never had a car with so much room

Anyway any help would be great.

Cheers

Jed
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 05:05 PM   #2
butch_
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Garage List
2016 340i  [0.00]
Is the new seat rear or forward facing?

There are anchor points on the back of the rear seats, similar to this picture of an X5:
http://www.iihs.org/media/786a6d46-f...-X5-tether.jpg

Don't know if these can be used with rear facing child seats though.
I'm sure someone with more experience will be along shortly
Appreciate 1
Skald55.00
      09-01-2016, 04:33 AM   #3
Jed Flash
Rep

Thanks Butch that's exactly the info i needed. Odd that the GT doesn't have any pics next to the bars. Ive just checked the manual and it specifies the same points you highlighted.

To be confusing the seat is both front and rear depending on how i set it up. Its isize so it is rear facing for as long as my child will travel facing backwards then you can spin it around as front facing. It then spins sideways to help you get them out. Its to save our backs as although the GT is higher up its not 4x4 height.

Which model have you got and how long have you had yours?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 11:44 AM   #4
mikeygold
Rep
Drives: 330d XDrive M Sport GT

I have a 2014 330dx GT with the Maxi-Cosi AxissFix swiveling child seat, it uses the two ISO fix points on the seat base and then hocks on to the bar on the back of the seat. It is very neat and extremely sturdy. Trust me it is well worth the money, not only will it save your backs it is also possible to transfer your child whilst they are still asleep.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 01:04 PM   #5
Jed Flash
Rep

MikeyGold - thats the exact seat that we have. Cheers for the confirmation that its fitted correctly.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 02:12 PM   #6
mikeygold
Rep
Drives: 330d XDrive M Sport GT

It's a great seat you will not regret it, I also love the way the floor space in front of the seat is clear, it's much neater.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 03:53 PM   #7
NewToBMWGT
Rep
Drives: Astra

Hi everyone

Keen to buy our first GT but how is the GT for getting the kids in / out of their booster seats?

Do you think the seats sit high enough not to break your back? I'm about 6.1 so if it's anything like the normal 3 series that would be certainly a pain the ... back. We're both actually pretty tall.

I love the GT looks and pretty much everything about it. The height is my only worry and thus I'm in between the GT or a Rav4.

Also, how's the trunk for buggies + luggage etc.

Thanks all!!
Appreciate 0